News: PFT: Dak Prescott holds the cards in contract talks with Cowboys

pitt33

Reaction score
Yes the fact that it's not easy to find a real good QB is all the more reason to start churning the pile of QBs. Dallas should be looking at drafting one. And when a sure fire guy comes along trade 3 #1s to move up and take him. Yes sacrifices have to be made if you want to get better. I've already wanted Dallas to go after Andrew Luck when he came out. The Colts ruined him. Dallas should have traded Romo and draft picks to get him. I wanted Trevor Lawrence and Dallas should have packaged a deal to move up to get him. So no it's not really that hard if your willing to part with draft picks. Jerry is too freaking cheap! Oh and Jerry could have called Tom Brady and at least tried to lure him to Dallas instead of giving Dak that big money.
Totally agree.

Do what it takes to get a high pedigree one in here.

Cowboys are stuck in a black hole until then.

Hardline

Reaction score
I wouldn’t bottom out for a USC QB. Carson Palmer was the best one I can think of in the past couple of decades, and he didn’t win anything in the NFL. Mark Sanchez and Sam Darnold went bust and both were top five picks. You don’t bottom out unless you have an Elway or a Peyton Manning sitting there.
Caleb Williams is an Elway and Manning.

Hardline

Reaction score
That’s the problem with a lot of you here, you hope the team will lose so they’ll move on from Dak. You think that’s going to guarantee landing a better QB? Lol You would never think the Cowboys have gone 12-5 the past two seasons and won a playoff game last season. I’m glad fans like you don’t run the team. Dak may have his flaws, but it’s not going to be easy finding a better QB than him.
You can't stop trying. Dak right now is the best he will ever be.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys need to deal a new hand. Get another 1st round draft pick so they can get Caleb Williams.
Draft a quarterback that will challenge Dak. Dak is regressing instead of improving, he deserves less money not more.
It's going to take having the worst record in the league to get Caleb Williams. Whoever that is will draft him. They won't trade out of that pick for any trade package.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That’s the problem with a lot of you here, you hope the team will lose so they’ll move on from Dak. You think that’s going to guarantee landing a better QB? Lol You would never think the Cowboys have gone 12-5 the past two seasons and won a playoff game last season. I’m glad fans like you don’t run the team. Dak may have his flaws, but it’s not going to be easy finding a better QB than him.
:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score
The regular season gives you an opportunity to make the playoffs and reach the Super Bowl. Losing close games in the playoffs isn’t being humiliated. What’s humiliating is to have losing seasons almost every year and go 17 years without a playoff win. That’s Washington! All they’ve been doing the past 2+ decades is burning draft picks and bringing in castoffs trying to find a QB. Go look at all the losing seasons they’ve had since the early 2000s. Their owner was an embarrassment and ended up getting forced out. Comparing the Cowboys to Washington is laughable!
thx for saving me a lot of tying, i agree 100% with all your posts here. some truly clueless responses here.. they rather suck then at least have shot most years ie 4 out of 6 healthy seasons for Dak we have made the playoffs. so lest get rid of him for the unknown, possible be worse for how long?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys zone is so funny. The Cowboys want Dak to be their quarterback and Dak wants to be the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. A fair deal for both sides will probably get done before the season starts. No matter what the Dak haters or Jones haters say.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bingo! Back in 2018 most of us said the Cowboys were making a big mistake....and now it's coming back to bite them in the butt.

I will NEVER understand what Jerry was thinking. Not signing Dak to a 5-7 year deal back then was a horrible miscalculation.

Prescott will have a cap number of $59.455 million in 2024. We can't live with that. So he will get an extension that will overpay him so much it makes me want to throw up.
that's cute but Naive to think Dak and his camp would sign a 7-year deal let alone a 5 back then and not come back and ask for more, After say 4 or less.. they played this to their advantage shows they would NOT have done that.. even PM is getting new deal that 10 years wasn't 10 was it? many players sign big new deal but 3 years later see that want a new one.. Dak was not going to take long under market deal, they know the cap grows and how that going to work 3 years down the road.

even if your scenario was played out in 18 he would have came back in 2021 for giant new deal and threated a hold out and still got the same deal he got or more.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It was clear Dak was getting a 2nd deal. Any amount they would have offered in 2018 would have been far far less than what he will be getting with his new deal.

Signing him to an unreasonable deal back then would have been much cheaper in the long run. Offer him the highest paid QB in the league and he wouldn't have turned it down. How could he?

Franchising him has proven to be very costly and it's only going to be worse eventually. UGH!
Again.
He turned down two offers including this one.
Dak Prescott is looking for a monster contract from the Dallas Cowboys, and the latest reported offer might be the one he eventually inks.

Prescott was offered a five-year, $175 million contract from the Cowboys, which would make him the highest-paid quarterback in NFL history,

Ignoring it won't make it go away.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Caleb Williams is an Elway and Manning.
If he is, how many teams do you think would want him and what would it take for a team drafting in the late teens early 20's to get up the 1st pick? If the team holding that spot needs a D player, then Parsons and their 1st is the asking price at minimum and we've seen some teams give up a lot of picks for QB's they target.

For the Cowboys, this really isn't unreasonable because he is going to be the highest paid D player in history. Can they afford that and a 50M QB that hasn't proven he can get over the hump? Plus, they're going to have Diggs and Lamb on new deals.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
This just isn't true.

Dak was offered a five year deal at 32/yr following the 2018 season.

He was then offered this deal following the 2019 season. https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dak-prescott-offered-deal-cowboys-nfl-insider-says

The Cowboys absolutely tried to sign Dak at legitimate market rate.
You don't remember all that "Dak is betting on himself" fluff being tossed around here for two years prior to him signing his deal?
Wentz and Goff both got 4 year deals at $32 million apy. Dak would have taken the same thing but the Cowboys wanted a fifth year. To get the fifth year the Cowboys would need to come up on the average per year. That was the time to get a deal when Dak still had a year on his rookie deal and the Cowboys didn't have the sense of urgency they needed. Then they end up giving a 4 year deal at $40 million APY.

Hardline

Reaction score
If he is, how many teams do you think would want him and what would it take for a team drafting in the late teens early 20's to get up the 1st pick? If the team holding that spot needs a D player, then Parsons and their 1st is the asking price at minimum and we've seen some teams give up a lot of picks for QB's they target.

For the Cowboys, this really isn't unreasonable because he is going to be the highest paid D player in history. Can they afford that and a 50M QB that hasn't proven he can get over the hump? Plus, they're going to have Diggs and Lamb on new deals.
Whoever has the #1 overall pick isn't trading it. They will select Caleb Williams,

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is good until you need him to be good.

He is big and strong and talented but caves under pressure which is the true measure of a QB . . . There have been too many critical situations where he has failed and or put a strain on the defense.

You can actually see in his eyes when he is panicking . . . He has not been able to shake it or adjust He shrinks under the pressure

I am excited about this year but I am very leary of Dak besides RB "The 40 Million Dollar Man" is my biggest Question Mark

I have high hopes and I am very excited for this up coming season. The schedule appears to be strong and we will need Dak to win Home Field Advantage for us lets see what happens
This is what happens when you need Dak to be clutch.........

Someone bring back the 8-9 Bucs so Dak can be great again!!!! :muttley:
P.S.Hey Dakko haven't you learned after all those seasons you need to hand the ball to the ref???????Duh......