News: PFT: Dez Bryant gets five years, $70 million from Cowboys

Craig

Reaction score
Why are you guys bringing up a completely moot point? You trying to vicariously not be worried about it for them? Seeing how the lawsuit at Apple turned out in court I would see the NFL as usual having very little room to stand on if there was indeed proof of teams sharing negotiating terms.

If you think it's unfair that players can do it and teams cannot then you are ready to hail your corporate overlords when the time comes.

You were quoting one person so there is no "you guys", and i think it may have been the wrong post given what you wrote.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eugene Parker deal was for nine years and $30 million guaranteed.

The Cowboys blinked.

I think that collusion case scared the crap out of them. Guilty or not, they didn't want to take the stand on that.

Geezus, dude.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Turns out, the Death Star looks like this tonight.....

death-star-disco-ball.jpg

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
anyone got any idea how Dez's contract affects the cap this year or next.....will it impact signing Crawford or Hardy next year?

His hit this year and next will be considerably less than if he had played on the franchise tag both years.

Not to mention that Dallas can now use next year's franchise tag on someone else if they wish.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He only really cared about guaranteed money.

I think he squeezed out every penny until deadline.

He knew what the yearly money would be... He wasn't worried.

Damn... I wish I could run and catch and..... Well... You get it.... Lol

Place his guaranteed money in safe investments, and he doesn't have to work another day in his life. Provided he can keep the sharks and leeches at bay.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You were quoting one person so there is no "you guys", and i think it may have been the wrong post given what you wrote.

There are all manner of people talking about the collusion angle as if it was meaningful one way or another.