News: PFT: Michael Irvin "remains suspended" by NFL Network

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In this country, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty. This is not a 3rd world country which you are accustomed to.
Not in the public eye.

Regardless, this wasn’t a criminal offense. Just inappropriate behavior. Maybe to Michael just harmless pick-up lines.

And if the NFL hadn’t responded in the fashion they did after reading the complaint then I’d probably shrug it off too. But with his history it’s definitely not outside possibility of his personality .

Not sure what incentives or evidence have been presented that she would have fabricated a story as such?

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When he was young and reckless, I would not be surprised. Today at his elderly age after all Irvin has been through, I need to see/hear proof.
Well, you’re probably not going to get that unless it goes to trial and her testimony becomes evidence. Even then some fans might not believe it.

It hadn’t been that long ago Irvin was let go by ESPN and ended up settling out of court for sexual misconduct. He isn’t that old. I’m sure he’s still out there. As he was that evening having a few drinks.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, you’re probably not going to get that unless it goes to trial and her testimony becomes evidence. Even then some fans might not believe it.

It hadn’t been that long ago Irvin was let go by ESPN and ended up settling out of court for sexual misconduct. He isn’t that old. I’m sure he’s still out there. As he was that evening having a few drinks.
Still need concrete proof.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
In this country, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty. This is not a 3rd world country which you are accustomed to.
?

Nevertheless, superhero, I can presume anything as I wish.
First amendment, Harold. First amendment.
Goes back to that Magna Carta.
Or does tha concept elude and then escape you?
:laugh:

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You’re not going to get that. It was enough for the NFL to take action. The rest is up for debate.

But not sure what evidence there is this employee would totally fabricate such a story.
Like I said, in the video, she did not scream out, walk/run away or seem distressed.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
?

Nevertheless, superhero, I can presume anything as I wish.
First amendment, Harold. First amendment.
Goes back to that Magna Carta.
Or does tha concept elude and then escape you?
:laugh:
1st Amendment and the Magna Carta?

You've got your history badly mixed up, Paco.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
1st Amendment and the Magna Carta?

You've got your history badly mixed up, Paco.
What has gotten into you, Harold?
I could have called in the mods, but I shant for now.
If you apologize for your undertones I won't.
Otherwise, Harold ...But hurry.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I understand that, but he also had 2-3 people sitting at a table nearby come to his defense about the interaction.
Last I heard, Irvin's witnesses have admitted that they did not hear the entire conversation.

Unless those witnesses can testify under oath that they heard every single word that Irvin said, then Irvin is pretty much screwed here....................its his word against her's.

And considering that it was the NFL investigators that were dispatched to the hotel and made the call to move Irvin, the NFL would basically have to side against their own investigators if they backed Irvin.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There were two Marriot employees who submitted statements about Irvin's behavior. In one of those, there is visual proof that corroborates the testimony (Irvin slapping himself three times). I think based on the fact that the employees have 0 vested interest in ruining Irvin's career and did nothing more than report an uncomfortable incident to their employer (and cooperate with an internal investigation) it's exceptionally unlikely they are lying vs. the person with a vested interest who admits he was too drunk to recall the interaction.
Yeah, one of the hotel employees said Irvin slapped himself three times and told himself "keep it together" (as in she was so hot, he was losing his mind).

Then the video clearly shows Irvin slapping himself three times.

That is going to be hard to explain away.................clearly the hotel employee was not lying about Irvin slapping himself, so why would they lie about what he said?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

The NFL has decided that due to the seriousness of the allegation, Irvin can no longer represent the NFL or NFL Network.

Same thing happened at the University of Texas here in Austin with the men's basketball coach.

Chris Beard was arrested after his fiancé accused him of trying to strangle her. He denied the allegations and charges of domestic violence were eventually dropped by the Austin DA, but the University of Texas still fired him because he could no longer represent the University due to the seriousness of the allegations.

In fact, everybody needs to check the small writing on their employment contracts. I guarantee you that there is wording in your contract that any behavior by you that would put your employer in a bad light (such as domestic violence allegations or inappropriate sexual behavior allegations) is grounds for suspension or termination, even if the allegations eventually turn out to be false.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The overriding fact to me is that Irvin is in this predicament because of his mishandling of this from the beginning with that radio call in and the words used "hiding out". He helped make Marriott's charges stick.
yes the radio call was a bad idea by irvin.

The thing is Marriot or the girl never files any charges whatsoever !! lol

All they did is tell the nfl people about it, and then the nfl sent people out to gather up irvin and move him to another hotel.
Then he did the radio call, and later filed suit, all of which was a bad idea by him.
And then he more or less accused the nfl and marriott of being racists lol more dumb stuff.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He can get another job if they make a new Fat Albert movie, he's a shoo-in for mushmouth.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like I said, in the video, she did not scream out, walk/run away or seem distressed.
And you wouldn’t if all was said was in appropriate behavior or pickup lines .

She did move back once touched . Plus remember this was an employee so she had to be more cordial and professional.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Firing someone from a job based purely on allegations alone is, well, I can't post the words I want to say because children might view this forum.

It's wrong. It's every bit as wrong as suspending Zeke Elliott for 6 games based on nothing more than someone claiming he domestically abused her. That's all anyone has to do in this country: just merely assert that something happened - not even under oath for Pete's sake - and that can cause someone to lose their job.

I'm not a fan of Irvin's personality, never have been. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he has historically been inappropriate to women many times. And if there was concrete proof of it, then that becomes something altogether different.