News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: We feel it's important to support Kelvin Joseph based on information we have

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Stupid, naive Cowboys front office and Fat Mac.

What aspect do you FO peeps support?

*Bossman Fat's engaging in a fist fight that night?
*His choice of friends?
*Going armed to a nightclub?
*Sitting by passively while your posse shoots a man?
*Leaving the scene of a crime?
*Playing dumb for nearly a month without telling police, The Cowboys or the NFL about the shooting?
*Reporting to work like other rooks? (Give him props!)
*Being a swaggering, barely literate player who further tarnished the star?

With support like this the Cameron Ray family can argue in a lawsuit that the Cowboys culture of supporting bad boys led to the 20-year-old's homicide and the Cowboys continues to enable this support of Thug Culture.

Family of Ray, get the best lawyer in the county and sic him on Jerry and the rest of Bossman Fat's enablers!!!!

:angry:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Most people are accustomed to the saying, "Everything before the word, 'but,' is [meaningless]." "He was wrong, but he grew up wrong," falls into that category for me.

You mean shooting people be wrong?????
How can that be, me Haimburglar?????

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm inclined to stick to the position of a guy being innocent until he's proven guilty!

Let's support this young player freely, as long he well maintains his innocence. :cool:

Yes, hale midfielder!
OJ also deserves support. He was never proved guilty and maintains his innocence!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because unlike you, I have nuance man. You can be guilty of something while still being a logical explanation as to why you did so. Doesn’t mean it’s excusing anything it just illuminates as to why.

For example, if someone steals a loaf of bread they are wrong. But if they did it because they haven’t eaten then that’s the explanation. Does it mean you get the loaf of bread for free and all is right? No you’re still guilty of stealing. But at least we have a logical explanation as opposed to the guilty party stealing the loaf for the thrill or for fun which would not be a logical explanation for the act.

Not comparing stealing bread to murder, just trying to analogize that you can understand why someone does something without denying the wrongdoing.

Also as a bigger point, if you want to reduce crime the these are things you must dive into. Solely doling out punishment doesn’t change cycles of incarceration and crime in certain communities. We have to understand why people act and what pushes them to commit the crimes. Once you know why you can attack the reasons for the crime not solely the person who committed it.

How can you make a change if the only question you ask is, “guilty or innocent”? Find out why, find out what led to this thought process, what factors pushed these people to act in such a way. You get answers to that and attack those issues then you can actually lower crime.
"Why?", as in "Why did these guys get in a bar fight, then kill the man they'd fought earlier?" Can you think of a single excusable reason or any 'factor' to exploit in an effort to reduce that type of crime? I'm not talking about KJ here, I don't believe he actually killed anyone. But you're talking about reducing crimes committed by people who seem to simply want to commit them.

Creeper

Reaction score
Um, he was in the car where at least one other occupant shot and killed a man. Joseph is not out of the woods yet. Even if he did not pull the trigger, or have a gun in his possession at the time of the shooting he can still be charged with a crime if the DA wants to be tough on him and the others. His cooperation with police is going to go a long way to help him get past the legal part, but if the investigation turns up evidence Joseph knew his friends were carrying guns and Joseph encouraged in any way the shooting, he probably will be charged with a crime. I think it is a good sign that he and the 4th person in the car have not been charged but not necessarily a significant sign.

As for Goodell, he won't do anything until the police finish the investigation and decide whether or not to indict Joseph for any crimes. I think Goodell will suspend Joseph because a man died and its the Cowboys again.

817Gill

Reaction score
"Why?", as in "Why did these guys get in a bar fight, then kill the man they'd fought earlier?" Can you think of a single excusable reason or any 'factor' to exploit in an effort to reduce that type of crime? I'm not talking about KJ here, I don't believe he actually killed anyone. But you're talking about reducing crimes committed by people who seem to simply want to commit them.
No lol. Why as in what circumstances in the man’s life put him in a mental state that murder was acceptable. And I’m talking about whomever the guilty party is.

It’s not why did this event happen in a vacuum. Or what happened in this incident. It’s why did this person get to the point where this action was doable? What factors in this persons life contributed to this being something he could do?

These answers are usually poverty, crime, broken families, lack of role models, lack of education, lack of opportunity. Why do you think crime rates coincide directly with income levels? There’s a reason the stable and financially fortunate areas in the world have the least amount of crime, and vice versa.

Once we as a society can attack those issues and make fixes there then we can see massive drops in crime. If we solely focus on who was guilty of an action and who was innocent we ignore the factors that drove these people to these actions.

Does it mean these actions are excused? No. Does it mean the guilty party shouldn’t be punished? No. But if we actually want to make a difference in crime the answers don’t lie with prosecution but with improving the lives of our most vulnerable populations.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
How come yall won't touch my war comparison?

Oh, that's right...you're all shock bots.

I think kj and his friends are heros for being alpha and not willingbto be stepped on like mats.

You see how putvthe simulation in a corner it can't talk itself out of?

Shock bots come at me

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No lol. Why as in what circumstances in the man’s life put him in a mental state that murder was acceptable. And I’m talking about whomever the guilty party is.

It’s not why did this event happen in a vacuum. Or what happened in this incident. It’s why did this person get to the point where this action was doable? What factors in this persons life contributed to this being something he could do?

These answers are usually poverty, crime, broken families, lack of role models, lack of education, lack of opportunity. Why do you think crime rates coincide directly with income levels? There’s a reason the stable and financially fortunate areas in the world have the least amount of crime, and vice versa.

Once we as a society can attack those issues and make fixes there then we can see massive drops in crime. If we solely focus on who was guilty of an action and who was innocent we ignore the factors that drove these people to these actions.

Does it mean these actions are excused? No. Does it mean the guilty party shouldn’t be punished? No. But if we actually want to make a difference in crime the answers don’t lie with prosecution but with improving the lives of our most vulnerable populations.
The problem is that there are people in those communities who won't allow the people around them to rise above. They see others' success or even small improvements in their lives as something to exploit or destroy. The people who feel like the world owes them are the ones who need to be dealt with, before any community can grow, and the only way to deal with those people is to put them away.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How come yall won't touch my war comparison?

Oh, that's right...you're all shock bots.

I think kj and his friends are heros for being alpha and not willingbto be stepped on like mats.

You see how putvthe simulation in a corner it can't talk itself out of?

Shock bots come at me
Try it in English, maybe someone will bite.

817Gill

Reaction score
The problem is that there are people in those communities who won't allow the people around them to rise above. They see others' success or even small improvements in their lives as something to exploit or destroy. The people who feel like the world owes them are the ones who need to be dealt with, before any community can grow, and the only way to deal with those people is to put them away.
Understand the beginning of that for sure. But the only people who should be put away are the ones who committed a crime, having a crabs in a bucket mentality doesn’t warrant arrest lol.

But in all seriousness these people with these mindsets aren’t born like this. It’s instilled by people before them who have broken dreams and a harsh outlook on a world that doled them no breaks. It’s hard to have a high morale when you are part of generational poverty and have little to no positive role models.

I can only imagine how hard it would be to have a supportive and positive mindset with all that working against you. That’s why it’s so amazing to see guys that pushed past all that to become successful. But the real tragedy is the lack of opportunity and generational issues that anchor the youth in these communities. With a country so rich and powerful to have so many of its citizens growing up in areas like that is sad.

Gary, IN
East St. Louis, IL
Bogaloosa, LA
Camden, NJ
Glendora, MS

Just do some YT research on these communities and see what these young men and women have to grow up in and around. Makes it infinitely harder to become a well-rounded successful person than growing up in many of the scenic suburbs the US has to offer.

And this is no longer about KJ just about the challenges disenfranchised peoples face.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Understand the beginning of that for sure. But the only people who should be put away are the ones who committed a crime, having a crabs in a bucket mentality doesn’t warrant arrest lol.

But in all seriousness these people with these mindsets aren’t born like this. It’s instilled by people before them who have broken dreams and a harsh outlook on a world that doled them no breaks. It’s hard to have a high morale when you are part of generational poverty and have little to no positive role models.

I can only imagine how hard it would be to have a supportive and positive mindset with all that working against you. That’s why it’s so amazing to see guys that pushed past all that to become successful. But the real tragedy is the lack of opportunity and generational issues that anchor the youth in these communities. With a country so rich and powerful to have so many of its citizens growing up in areas like that is sad.

Gary, IN
East St. Louis, IL
Bogaloosa, LA
Camden, NJ
Glendora, MS

Just do some YT research on these communities and see what these young men and women have to grow up in and around. Makes it infinitely harder to become a well-rounded successful person than growing up in many of the scenic suburbs the US has to offer.
Of course I'm only talking about the ones who commit crimes. lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Haha cool :laugh:
That said, I understand your point, but at the same time, while an engine block might have a defect that causes it to crack through no fault of its own, once it can no longer be repaired, it has to go to the scrapyard. Some of these people are certainly products of their environment, and some are willing to take responsibility and change, but others will only ever see opportunity to further their own greed for money and/or power. Those are the ones who make it hard, if not impossible to reach the communities as a whole.