News: PFT: NFL: Goodell was aware of Kia Roberts’ opinions

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wonder what evidence or facts he may be referring to...:

That is messed up. One of the independents gave no recommendation and one of the others no suspension. Yet the league lowered the boom on Zeke? As I mentioned I think in the end Zeke will walk away with no games missed.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
It's a case of one person's word versus another person's word. Thus the accused and the accuser's credibility is paramount. And Friel is stating that she doesn't find the accuser credible, but it still warrants a 6-game suspension. And Friel just happens to be a diehard NY Giants fan. When Josh Brown *admitted* to badly abusing his wife, the suspension recommendation was...1-game.

Their 'physical evidence' is that Thompson had pictures from the 19th of her having bruisers on her. However, it was Thompson that gave the NFL the meta-data for that and you can forge meta-data for only $0.99. And the person that you are getting that meta-data from is the same person you just said wasn't credible.

YR

I haven't read all the latest news, but as far as you know, did the PA ever mention the metadata Zeke originally submitted to police that was attached to a photo showing her lack of bruises before her bar fight/after she alleges Zeke hit her?

I know you've mentioned it a lot--and I read about it in the police report--but a lot of people just ignore that little detail. Granted it probably would have helped had they shown the actual photo in the police report, but common sense tells me that if she showed bruising or all the body parts in question were covered that it would have been noted in the report. So someone's metadata is obviously invalid, making its value virtually worthless.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Sure and the reasoning is invariably shallow. Like I said Rice had his suspension vacated with 46 in place. Supposedly the NFL can punish for whatever reason they want. Except when they cannot.

NFL has been losing in federal court for 50 years. They win once and all of a sudden they are omnipotent. Nevermind that 2 out of the 4 judges who saw Brady voted against the NFL.
That's partially why it's such a big deal that they started the litigation in the Texas court.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I have made no conclusions about Zeke, all I have to go by is that four independent individuals that reviewed all of the evidence concluded by that evidence in a 4-0 decision that Zeke was by a preponderance of the evidence(51% belief) that he hit the woman..that's their conclusion, not mine!! . One investigator believed she wasn't credible and shouldn't be suspended and therefore the NFL is out to get Zeke and it's all a conspiracy???....BURDEN OF PROOF STANDARD in a company policy is minimal. I haven't seen all the evidence but apparently most of this forum has apparently, they've made the conclusion Zeke didn't do it, and that she's a liar, she's a money grabber, she's a stripper, she's this, she's that... that all may be true............
but THIS CASE ISN'T BEFORE A COURT, conflating criminal charges or "guilt" to a company policy is annoying, As many say, Zeke wasn't charged, there's no conviction in a court.....complete different standards in a company policy, or Zeke should sue the league for Slander or libel...or he should sue Thompson, which would only open up a new can of worms, If the appeal is not successful, Zeke will go to court but just remember, the argument in court won't be about Zeke's guilt or innocence of the allegation conclusion by the league, it would be about an injunction so he can play on the basis of a procedure process.. Maybe Zeke wins the appeal and Henderson voids the suspension....Nobody cares about Thompson, she'll be forgotten about in three months, Zeke is a major star in the NFL, playing for the marquee team in the NFL and this notion that there's some conspiracy by the NFL to suspend him because he's a Cowboy and the league is OUT TO GET the Cowboys is laughable, for what would be the reason for that, they only won two play off games in 22 years..

I agree the league has lied for decades in the past, they used to sweep these incidents under the rug but those days are over after the AP, Rice and Brown incidents, no longer can the league ignore these allegations against their players or sweep them under the rug.......
So. Hiding or omitting key evidence from the only person to interview the victim is normal? Cool

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Friel is the real foe here, not Goodell.

She is basically around because of the Ray Rice situation. Her entire background is to prosecute and investigate sexual misconduct, which makes her highly unlikely to exonerate anyone. She talks about objectivity, but her track record says otherwise.

This option largely comes down to a woman named Lisa Friel, whose league office is adorned with portraits of giants: the former Giants quarterback Phil Simms, the current Giants quarterback Eli Manning — and, most tellingly, Robert M. Morgenthau, the august former Manhattan district attorney.

Friel spent nearly three decades working for Morgenthau, serving for many years as the chief of his Sex Crimes Prosecution Unit. She said he had instilled in her a prosecutorial code of conduct: “You investigate every allegation that comes in; you investigate it objectively, sensitively and thoroughly. And when you get to the end of your investigation, you make an objective decision about what happened. That’s your job.”

Friel said she was applying those principles as the N.F.L.’s senior vice president for investigations — a position created in the wake of the league’s mishandling of the case of Ray Rice, then a Baltimore Ravens running back, whose chilling assault of his future wife was captured on surveillance video and became, among other things, a public relations disaster for the N.F.L.

Friel is responsible for investigating alleged violations of the league’s personal conduct code: domestic violence, sexual assault, animal cruelty, blackmail, extortion, racketeering, disorderly conduct, you name it. She emphasizes that the adjudications or dismissals of court cases do not dictate the outcomes of her own inquiries, which some officials in the players’ union find at times to be overzealous.

This means, for example, that even though Jets linebacker Sheldon Richardson pleaded guilty last month to speeding, running a red light and resisting arrest in connection with that Bentley episode — and even though he was fined $1,050 and sentenced to 100 hours of community service — the matter is not necessarily over, as far as the N.F.L. is concerned.

“We’re looking at whether his actions violated our workplace conduct policy, so we’re going to consider all the facts and circumstances,” Friel said. “Stay tuned.”

Her job, which is intended to establish much-needed consistency in the league’s handling of misconduct cases, is at the center of a decidedly alpha-male environment. But Friel, 58, sees it as a twinning of passions, “a perfect fit.”

To begin with, she is a devout Giants fan, a season-ticket holder whose basement in her Brooklyn apartment is, as The Daily Beast once reported, a blue-and-red shrine to the Jints. Among her earliest memories of growing up in New Jersey is watching a Giants game on a black-and-white television and asking her father: “Who are we rooting for, Daddy? The ones in the black uniforms or the ones in the white uniforms?”

Then there is her professional background. In addition to her 28 years with the district attorney’s office — a time memorialized on her office wall by a framed courtroom sketch of her in full prosecution mode — Friel worked for a security company as a vice president for a division specializing in investigating and consulting on sexual misconduct.In taking the position with the N.F.L., Friel said, she saw another opportunity “to do something that really mattered.” But in the curlicue way of fate, she owes her job to Rice.

Outra

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Friel is the real foe here, not Goodell.

She is basically around because of the Ray Rice situation. Her entire background is to prosecute and investigate sexual misconduct, which makes her highly unlikely to exonerate anyone. She talks about objectivity, but her track record says otherwise.
And she is a proud NYG season ticket holder

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
raw

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I haven't read all the latest news, but as far as you know, did the PA ever mention the metadata Zeke originally submitted to police that was attached to a photo showing her lack of bruises before her bar fight/after she alleges Zeke hit her?

I know you've mentioned it a lot--and I read about it in the police report--but a lot of people just ignore that little detail. Granted it probably would have helped had they shown the actual photo in the police report, but common sense tells me that if she showed bruising or all the body parts in question were covered that it would have been noted in the report. So someone's metadata is obviously invalid, making its value virtually worthless.

It was Chiedu Bosah who took the picture and had the metadata. For some reason the Player's Union forgets this. Thompson claimed to investigators from the NFL that she had her bruises covered up, but one of her co-workers...who was *not* a friend of EE's...saw her in a bikini and gave a sworn affidavit that he didn't see any bruises on her.

Furthermore, the NFL investigation states that there was not ONE single witness that Thompson brought up that would come forward to her defense.

Also, the NFL admits that they interviewed Thompson 6 times...but only transcribed 2 of her interviews.

Thompson also claims she was pregnant with twins from Elliott in March 2016 and Elliott wanted her to get an abortion. She miscarried one child and decided to have an abortion on the other. But apparently there is not even one single proof of doctor's evidence that she was pregnant.

Again...some of these things may be true in the end but there is no reason to believe a single word Thompson says unless it's actually backed up by concrete evidence. People only give her the benefit of the doubt because she's a female and she's accusing a male of abusing her. If some of these incidents were reversed and it was EE that was caught lying to police, tampering with a witness, discussing extorting her with a sex tape and registering an e-mail called TiffanyThompsonSexVids...nobody would say 'well, he's crazy, but that doesn't mean he actually assaulted her.'

YR

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You can count on it. Goodell is over the barrel here.

He is a sinking ship and people will be doing anything they can to survive and be a part of the next administration.

The writing is on the wall.

He messed with fire. Now he will get burned.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It was Chiedu Bosah who took the picture and had the metadata. For some reason the Player's Union forgets this. Thompson claimed to investigators from the NFL that she had her bruises covered up, but one of her co-workers...who was *not* a friend of EE's...saw her in a bikini and gave a sworn affidavit that he didn't see any bruises on her.

Furthermore, the NFL investigation states that there was not ONE single witness that Thompson brought up that would come forward to her defense.

Also, the NFL admits that they interviewed Thompson 6 times...but only transcribed 2 of her interviews.

Thompson also claims she was pregnant with twins from Elliott in March 2016 and Elliott wanted her to get an abortion. She miscarried one child and decided to have an abortion on the other. But apparently there is not even one single proof of doctor's evidence that she was pregnant.

Again...some of these things may be true in the end but there is no reason to believe a single word Thompson says unless it's actually backed up by concrete evidence. People only give her the benefit of the doubt because she's a female and she's accusing a male of abusing her. If some of these incidents were reversed and it was EE that was caught lying to police, tampering with a witness, discussing extorting her with a sex tape and registering an e-mail called TiffanyThompsonSexVids...nobody would say 'well, he's crazy, but that doesn't mean he actually assaulted her.'

YR
Bold is so true. Then when you press people about it they will say well DV is a problem so we have to give the woman extra credibility. That leads to others doing the opposite of them but in the shadows so to speak because its known in public you can't do it. I don't see how folks don't see this. Unfortunately for this and other polarizing topics to be better handled no matter how they were handled in the past we have to start the game over at zero and keep score from now not many years/decades ago. The truth is if EE was Thompson people would be grandstanding a storm about how he should be out the league and all that. I wouldn't want him out the league but I would definitely be behind a suspension. We as a whole need to do the same thing in reverse or IMO DV and other polarizing topics are never going to get any closer to being truly improved upon.