PFT: Parsons not at Cowboys first day of voluntary offseason work

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Cowboys starting QB has been lauded as the unquestioned "Team Leader" (in the locker room, during practices, etc.).
So it should be expected that the Dallas Pied Piper be front and center at the first OTA workout.
I doubt Dak ever practices with us again.

He’s trade bait.

raven55

Reaction score
get rid of the cancer trade him for a top pick and sign cee dee. this would be money a head and a future headache gone but dumb and dumber won't do it

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
This ain’t hard work it’s practice lol.
giphy.gif

Yea this guy never won anything either.

Zman5

Reaction score
What a loser. Jerry should just cut this lazy bum.
--signed Darren Hambrick.

CWR

Reaction score
He probably came but why should he with no long term deal?
Because he's under contract and has already been paid very well by the organization. I get it, it's business but damn man how about all these guys participate in the business of winning and do everything they can to ensure that.

Now that said, as frustrated as the team/players make me, who knows what Dak is actually being told. For all we know they are holding off to see how Lance does this camp/preseason so they can move on from Dak.

CWR

Reaction score
I think it’s a sad commentary that these players are holding out of a voluntary workout and passing on an opportunity to set the example and show some accountability that they were preaching about last year in an attempt to improve their negotiating position…but yet fail to perform at a high level against top competition and in the playoffs.
Great players rise to the challenge and inspire their teammates to become better players…but both of these guys fall woefully short of those benchmarks.
Yeah these guys want to forget about GB and treat it was just one game in an accomplished career.

The fans see it differently. It's yet another monumental choke job in a long list from the team of self anointing who deserves none of the hype it gets.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because he's under contract and has already been paid very well by the organization. I get it, it's business but damn man how about all these guys participate in the business of winning and do everything they can to ensure that.

Now that said, as frustrated as the team/players make me, who knows what Dak is actually being told. For all we know they are holding off to see how Lance does this camp/preseason so they can move on from Dak.
Yeah but it’s a business. If the front office isn’t trying to win why should the players?

Reactions: CWR

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry is a marketing guy. He definitely cares about what the fans think. You are fooling yourself if you think he doesn't.
Don't think I will go along with that. Let's go back to the Parcels days for a moment, and back to the days when Jerry was trying to get Jerry World built. Do you remember that drunken video of him admitting why he hired Parcels? You think Jerry gave any thought to the fans and their desires back then? Newsflash - Jerry didn't hire Parcels because he was thinking of the fans and had a sudden desire to build a winner.

He didn't care then and he doesn't care now.

Last edited:

acr731

Reaction score
This guy won a lot though

michael-jordan-practice-richard-tito.jpg
And there isn't a single person on the Cowboys roster who comes anywhere close to his level of passion or dedication. Winners want to win. Losers go to the Dallas Cowboys.

acr731

Reaction score
Sadly, they may very well feel that way. It's tough to blame them. I still can't forgive them for the pregame victory party planning.
And I will never forget their post game comments about being too tired and worn out to play. I don't care if only one player actually said it, who's to say he wasn't expressing the sentiment of the entire team? No one else came forward to say he was wrong.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I may be unpopular for saying this but I wouldn't go to volunteer workouts when I see my owner/gm aren't even trying. I used to volunteer every school event for years including some weekend stuff in my district. Got me absolutely nowhere all of the bosses still treat us like dirt and so do many of the parents. I don't volunteer anymore do it yourself

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Awwww not his fault ....... same excuses losers make for this team.
excuse to who? you? :lmao: of course the other side of that is they have to be at fault for something to need an excuse.

AI had his issues but he never had another ALL NBA 1st teamer and all stars to play with. That is a fact. Whether or not you will stop blaming him is all you and nothing more.