News: PFT: Report: Daniel Jones is not expected to be cleared to play this week

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We were ready. We just simply choked. Dallas was up 26-3 at the half and we wanted to pass all over the field.

We didn’t choke we let up thinking we had the game won. We didn’t show up for the second half. We saw what happened on Sunday when we take the foot off the gas. We damn near blew a 27-8 lead In the final four minutes. Makes no difference who the head coach is we lack a killer instinct.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Those poor Giants,, I cant begin to express my sorrow.
New York Giants QB Daniel Jones (neck) will have another MRI on his neck Monday, Dec. 13, but the team contends there's no information that leads them to rule him out for the season.

He saw last weeks game and the fear in Tay Tay's eyes... my neck would hurt too...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not against this defense he would not have. If they played like they have the past 2 weeks.

I don't care if it is Jones or Glennon or Flynn back there, if our D in on, they will get 4 more picks, and 5 more sacks.

Our defense doesn’t always give maximum effort. We saw that against Denver and the stinking Raiders who put up 36 points on us. Even on Sunday once we got the big lead our defense relaxed some. We allowed Washington to have a couple of good drives but prior to that they couldn’t do anything. When we get a team down we have to finish them off. Our defense has to be on point the entire game because we can’t count on our offense right now. We need turnovers to win games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our defense doesn’t always give maximum effort. We saw that against Denver and the stinking Raiders who put up 36 points on us. Even on Sunday once we got the big lead our defense relaxed some. We allowed Washington to have a couple of good drives but prior to that they couldn’t do anything. When we get a team down we have to finish them off. Our defense has to be on point the entire game because we can’t count on our offense right now. We need turnovers to win games.

Can't disagree.
They do get too lax at times.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The defense stole Hill's lunch money, stole his car, took his girl to the prom, and had a nightcap in the middle of his field. Probably not the best example to use in this scenario. They did the same to Taylor H last week and he was on fire going into the game. If that's not enough, they forced two turnovers each from Goat Brady, Pat Mahommes, Justin Herbert, Mac Jones, and Mike Glennon after they knocked Danny Dimes out for the game. This defense is on a different level than previous versions referenced in this thread.

Taysom Hill did a lot more damage against us than Taylor Heinicke. He had over 260 yards passing with two TD’s and rushed for over 100 yards. The four turnovers we got saved us. Our offense and Dak have sputtered out.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Taysom Hill who only had 8 passing attempts when he faced us a couple of weeks ago put up almost 400 total yards. We beat them but the point is we can’t afford to sleep on anyone regardless their QB.
Hill was 19/41 passing for 264 yds, an avg of 6.4 yds per attempt. He threw 4 picks and had a QB rating of 44.2. Find a better example, cause this ain't it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hill was 19/41 passing for 264 yds, an avg of 6.4 yds per attempt. He threw 4 picks and had a QB rating of 44.2. Find a better example, cause this ain't it.

Hill was a great example. He had 264 yards passing off of 19 completions with two TD’s. He also had 101 yards rushing. Those are Lamar Jackson numbers. He was punishing our defense on some of those runs. His 4 INT’s is what won the game for us. If he doesn’t throw those picks we lose. The turnovers are saving us right now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The other half of that would be since when is 264 almost 400 yards? I mean if you include our 37 yards of interception returns he would barely be over 300.

You left off his 101 yards rushing. That’s 365 total yards. He was breaking tackles and dragging defenders on some of those runs. He was wearing our defense down. He’s a good athlete but he’s a backup QB.

ESisback

Reaction score
A big win by Dallas could provide a couple of different scenarios.

1)Restore the false bravado. Some players lose their edge (We got this), and we get trucked. Or…
2)We find our groove, and go on a roll.

Which is it?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Taysom Hill did a lot more damage against us than Taylor Heinicke. He had over 260 yards passing with two TD’s and rushed for over 100 yards. The four turnovers we got saved us. Our offense and Dak have sputtered out.

I don't know what it is anymore about people holding onto these strange, unrealistic narratives. That 70-yard TD in the 4th when we were up 27-10 skews his stats dramatically. I'm not going to pretend it didn't happen but the game was well out of reach and before that, Hill had played one of the worst games I've seen by a QB in a long time. The defense completely dominated that offense up until that point. They gave up some yards but forced 4 turnovers and scored a TD.

Now that I think about it, the Dallas defense is number 1 in turnovers forced and defensive TD's but only 12th in yards allowed and 10th in allowed ppg. They're designed to give up some yards but make up for it by pressuring the QB and forcing mistakes and they're really, really good at it. You can point to yardage stats against a team to make an argument but it is a hollow argument. Taysom Hill and the Saints offense were thoroughly dominated to the point where I almost felt bad for them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Taysom Hill and the Saints offense were thoroughly dominated to the point where I almost felt bad for them.

He put up 365 total yards passing/rushing against us with two TD’s. He was punishing us on some of his runs. He was wearing our defense down. The Saints had more total yards than we did and you felt bad for them? lol Hill had more passing yards than Dak. The four turnovers saved us.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This will be the third straight game facing a backup QB. We’re not likely to be that fortunate in the playoffs. It’s going be a little different facing Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. We may have to face them both if we make it through the first round of the playoffs. Just getting past one of them is going to be a real challenge.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
He put up 365 total yards passing/rushing against us with two TD’s. He was punishing us on some of his runs. He was wearing our defense down. The Saints had more total yards than we did and you felt bad for them? lol Hill had more passing yards than Dak. The four turnovers saved us.
So you're just going to ignore the sacks, pressures, and turnovers and focus on the yards? That's pretty ridiculous, man. I would almost understand if this game was an outlier but it isn't. As I've already noted and it seems you've already forgotten, this defense has been pressuring QBs and forcing turnovers against everyone. You can't just take out a statistical category because it doesn't fit your narrative and still have a credible argument.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you're just going to ignore the sacks, pressures, and turnovers and focus on the yards? That's pretty ridiculous, man. I would almost understand if this game was an outlier but it isn't. As I've already noted and it seems you've already forgotten, this defense has been pressuring QBs and forcing turnovers against everyone. You can't just take out a statistical category because it doesn't fit your narrative and still have a credible argument.

Despite the sacks, pressures and turnovers they stayed in the game and Hill continued to make plays. He’s closer to an RB than a QB. Despite four turnovers including a defensive score we only won by 10 points. Four turnovers including a defensive score usually leads to a 20+ point win. Unless Dak and the offense gets back on track we’re going to struggle to win games without turnovers.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Despite the sacks, pressures and turnovers they stayed in the game and Hill continued to make plays. He’s closer to an RB than a QB. Despite four turnovers including a defensive score we only won by 10 points. Four turnovers including a defensive score usually leads to a 20+ point win. Unless Dak and the offense gets back on track we’re going to struggle to win games without turnovers.

We were up 17 on the road in the 4th quarter before he hit the long pass. A 10-point win on the road is nothing to scoff at.. what do youbwant from this team The? The reason he was able to hit that pass was the defense was teeing off on him. A blind squirrel finds a nut or something like that. Your last sentence, without turnovers.....are you ignoring everything I'm saying? THIS DEFENSE HAS CREATED MORE TURNOVERS THAN ANY OTHER TEAM! Let me know when you're done grasping at straws and I'll give you a hand.