News: PFT: Report: Daniel Jones is not expected to be cleared to play this week

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Which is the definition of a choke. Same thing Houston did against Buffalo or Atlanta did against New England. I would not say we lost respect for them. We were just a stupid team in those years.

You choke under pressure in a tight game. You need to make a critical stop or a big play in the closing minutes and you choke. That’s my definition of a choke. The games you’re talking about, one was a playoff game and the other was a Super Bowl. Both teams relaxed having big leads and the games took a dramatic turn in the second half. The only way you can cough up big leads like that is losing your intensity and not being focused. It leads to mistakes and the loss of momentum. If you let a good NFL team off the hook they can come storming back especially in a do or die game. When you have a big lead and everything is going your way there’s no reason to choke.

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
Taysom Hill who only had 8 passing attempts when he faced us a couple of weeks ago put up almost 400 total yards. We beat them but the point is we can’t afford to sleep on anyone regardless their QB.

I can appreciate what you're saying, but Matt Flynn isn't as dangerous as T. Hill.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can appreciate what you're saying, but Matt Flynn isn't as dangerous as T. Hill.

Matt Flynn carved us up pretty good for 4 TD passes in 2013. He was clearly a better passer than Taysom Hill. Seattle gave him quite a bit of money to be their starting QB until Russell Wilson emerged.

conner01

Reaction score
Dang it
I was looking forward to 3 strip sacks
Now we have to face their best QB

conner01

Reaction score
Matt Flynn carved us up pretty good for 4 TD passes in 2013. He was clearly a better passer than Taysom Hill. Seattle gave him quite a bit of money to be their starting QB until Russell Wilson emerged.
Flynn is better than Jones though not as big a run threat
What I like about Jones is he can cough up the ball with the best of them
Flynn is an actual passing threat

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Flynn is better than Jones though not as big a run threat
What I like about Jones is he can cough up the ball with the best of them
Flynn is an actual passing threat

Just so there’s no confusion Matt Flynn retired years ago. We’ll be facing Mike Glennon on Sunday. We faced him earlier in the season when Jones was knocked out with a concussion. He did make a few plays on us and threw a TD. He’ll be more prepared this time knowing he’s the starter.

StylisticS

Reaction score
You choke under pressure in a tight game. You need to make a critical stop or a big play in the closing minutes and you choke. That’s my definition of a choke. The games you’re talking about, one was a playoff game and the other was a Super Bowl. Both teams relaxed having big leads and the games took a dramatic turn in the second half. The only way you can cough up big leads like that is losing your intensity and not being focused. It leads to mistakes and the loss of momentum. If you let a good NFL team off the hook they can come storming back especially in a do or die game. When you have a big lead and everything is going your way there’s no reason to choke.
Agree to disagree

Kumbaya

Reaction score
No Jones?! The Gnats have a chance.:lmao:

No they don’t. In fact, their only hope is for both Jones and Toney to play and be healthy. Toney would greatly help, seeing that he torched the Cowboys big time with over 200 total yards passing, running, and of course catching in the first game.

Djones has actually played pretty well against Dallas. I believe last year he played great in Dallas, the game Dak got hurt. Gmen scored >30 points but lost in the last seconds. The second game the Giants won and Jones played pretty well. A very conservative game plan too.

The first game this year, Jones left just before half with the score 10-10. He started poorly but then got into a rhythm just before the half. It went downhill after he left.

And Don’t forget, he’s not had a decent creative OC both last year and this year. I’m sure you guys have heard of a guy named Jason Garrett. And he is behind arguably a top 5 worst OL.

Jones is pretty accurate and of course can use his legs. I’m sure you all have seen him take off for an 80 yard running play, which would have been 90 had he not tripped.

Without those two, we have about a 5% chance of winning. I also expect there will be about 20,000 Cowboy fans there too….so it will probably feel like a Cowboy home game. I’m not looking forward to this game…..not even sure I can watch with my eyes opened.

K