News: PFT: Report: Daniel Jones is not expected to be cleared to play this week

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We were up 17 on the road in the 4th quarter before he hit the long pass. A 10-point win on the road is nothing to scoff at.. what do youbwant from this team The? The reason he was able to hit that pass was the defense was teeing off on him. A blind squirrel finds a nut or something like that. Your last sentence, without turnovers.....are you ignoring everything I'm saying? THIS DEFENSE HAS CREATED MORE TURNOVERS THAN ANY OTHER TEAM! Let me know when you're done grasping at straws and I'll give you a hand.

We were up by 19 when Taylor Heinicke hit a big pass against us for a TD. Up to that point he had done nothing! We get big leads and let opponents off the hook. We’ve squandered three big leads this season against Carolina, New Orleans and Washington. We were fortunate to hang on and win those games. It’s hard for me not to ignore what you’re saying when you claim you felt embarrassed for Hill and the Saints offense when they hung in the game and put up more total yards than we did. They had just over 400 yards of total offense. The turnovers beat them. Had they had Drew Brees we would’ve gotten beat. I don’t think the game would’ve been close. Unless our offense and Dak get back on track we’re not going to beat an elite QB.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think this is the week the Cowboys opponents commits to the run. I would not be surprised if the Giants just try to pound it right at the Dallas defense, or get Barkley inside and outside the the Cowboys DE's. LVE had a good game against Washington, getting to the RB quickly. Can he do it two weeks in a row. It would go a long way towards him getting a good contract from someone next year.

StylisticS

Reaction score
We didn’t choke we let up thinking we had the game won. We didn’t show up for the second half. We saw what happened on Sunday when we take the foot off the gas. We damn near blew a 27-8 lead In the final four minutes. Makes no difference who the head coach is we lack a killer instinct.
Yeah I say it was a choke. We wanted to keep passing the ball instead of actually running the ball and running clock when Murray was already running all over them. You up 26-3 at halftime and lose the game 37-36, you choked.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Believe what you want we were unprepared. With Aaron Rodgers out we weren’t ready to play.

we were up a ton(26-3) so clearly we were ready to play, then Garrett decided to throw in the second half instead of burn clock. Murray had a huge first half then we stopped running him. Had we just taken a knee every possession in the 2nd half, we would have burned enough clock to win.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
We were up by 19 when Taylor Heinicke hit a big pass against us for a TD. Up to that point he had done nothing! We get big leads and let opponents off the hook. We’ve squandered three big leads this season against Carolina, New Orleans and Washington. We were fortunate to hang on and win those games. It’s hard for me not to ignore what you’re saying when you claim you felt embarrassed for Hill and the Saints offense when they hung in the game and put up more total yards than we did. They had just over 400 yards of total offense. The turnovers beat them. Had they had Drew Brees we would’ve gotten beat. I don’t think the game would’ve been close. Unless our offense and Dak get back on track we’re not going to beat an elite QB.

Hill was getting rocked consistently. Yes, as a human I felt bad for the guy. I imagine he was seeing double when he went home. They didn't have Brees back there. He is retired. You beat who's in front of you. Heinicke was playing well leading up to that game and got rocked. The WFT had won 4 straight leading up to our game and got smacked around at home. At this point I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue aside from trying to save face. Congrats to the saints for managing to put up some yards. What did they do with those yards? They lost by 10 at home. Those three big leads that we "lost"....all wins....on the road. Those are games Dallas would've lost previously.

Yes, the Dallas offense has sputtered, yet the team has been good enough to pull out of their tailspin and take a commanding lead of the division. You just don't see teams blow out everyone they play in the NFL. They all have the same salary caps and same opportunities in the draft. THIS team is 9-4 and has entered the easy stretch of their schedule. They have an explosive defense and an offense that has the ability to light up the scoreboard. While I agree that they need to correct whatever it is that's been going wrong, I don't agree with the pessimistic outlook you're portraying. The Saints game was a blowout. The Commanders game was a dominating performance minus one pick six. The defense has taken control as the identity of this team. Should we not be happy about this? Just out of curiosity, where did you have the Cowboys finishing this year before the season started?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah I say it was a choke. We wanted to keep passing the ball instead of actually running the ball and running clock when Murray was already running all over them. You up 26-3 at halftime and lose the game 37-36, you choked.

You call it a choke I call it taking the foot off the gas. We thought we had them beat and took the second half off.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
we were up a ton(26-3) so clearly we were ready to play, then Garrett decided to throw in the second half instead of burn clock. Murray had a huge first half then we stopped running him. Had we just taken a knee every possession in the 2nd half, we would have burned enough clock to win.

We showed up to play for the first half and took the second half off. The Cowboys have lacked a killer instinct dating back to the Garrett days. We’ve seen the same thing this year but fortunately we were able to hang on and win those games. We don’t seem to want to choke anyone out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

We had them beat and we let up. Once the momentum switched we couldn’t regain it. We were beating them so thoroughly in the first half we lost respect for them. Right from the opening kick off of the second half the team looked totally uninspired.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hill was getting rocked consistently. Yes, as a human I felt bad for the guy. I imagine he was seeing double when he went home. They didn't have Brees back there. He is retired. You beat who's in front of you. Heinicke was playing well leading up to that game and got rocked. The WFT had won 4 straight leading up to our game and got smacked around at home. At this point I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue aside from trying to save face. Congrats to the saints for managing to put up some yards. What did they do with those yards? They lost by 10 at home. Those three big leads that we "lost"....all wins....on the road. Those are games Dallas would've lost previously.

Yes, the Dallas offense has sputtered, yet the team has been good enough to pull out of their tailspin and take a commanding lead of the division. You just don't see teams blow out everyone they play in the NFL. They all have the same salary caps and same opportunities in the draft. THIS team is 9-4 and has entered the easy stretch of their schedule. They have an explosive defense and an offense that has the ability to light up the scoreboard. While I agree that they need to correct whatever it is that's been going wrong, I don't agree with the pessimistic outlook you're portraying. The Saints game was a blowout. The Football Team game was a dominating performance minus one pick six. The defense has taken control as the identity of this team. Should we not be happy about this? Just out of curiosity, where did you have the Cowboys finishing this year before the season started?

Didn’t bother to read any of that, not wasting anymore time with this. I gave my opinion. I have no interest going back-and-forth all day on this. We don’t agree and it’s not like we’re going to change each other’s mind.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I just created a new thread n this. UPDATE...looks like he's out for the year.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Well another cheap win. Can't wait until we face a real team (Cardinals) so we can see what we are made of.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Glennon is going to get killed by our Dline,who is his backup?

StylisticS

Reaction score
We had them beat and we let up. Once the momentum switched we couldn’t regain it. We were beating them so thoroughly in the first half we lost respect for them. Right from the opening kick off of the second half the team looked totally uninspired.
Which is the definition of a choke. Same thing Houston did against Buffalo or Atlanta did against New England. I would not say we lost respect for them. We were just a stupid team in those years.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys better not sleep on them several backup QB’s have had big games against us. I’ll never forget the time the Cowboys caught a huge break with Aaron Rodgers out only to have Matt Flynn toss 4 TD’s. When you looked at Flynn’s numbers you would’ve thought we faced Rodgers.
Back up QBs tend to look like All Stars against us.