PFT: Woman bitten by Dak Prescott's dog loses part of finger

star-ving

Reaction score
Jonses loving this...now they can really lowball Dak in negotiations.

"Our idiot quarterback" ala Peyton Manning.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Only a fool tries to get in between two fighting dogs. Anybody who has grown up around dogs knows this.

Only a fool doesn't take into consideration the two previous warnings given to him.

And again, a dog you're emotionally attached to getting attacked by another dog - very few people just sit back and watch. Dak is at fault, he's a moron, and now a woman lost part of her finger and he's going to pay out the butt for it and should.

Luckily, this won't come with another stupid mugshot.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Dak is an idiot. His dog will likely be put down because this moron hasn't the common sense to get the dog trained...and he was warned twice before. This guy should not be the face of the franchise.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Pit Bulls are built to suffocate Bulls, unlike other dogs!! Pit Bulls are built like a Mack truck and have a locking jaw, unlike other dogs. A Pit Bulls jaw is short, thick, and more powerful than other dogs. When Pit Bulls bite they instinctively hang, unlike most other dogs which nip and let go.

In the county I live in, when Pit Bulls are brought to an animal shelter, they are put down. All other breeds are adopted out!!

Pit Bulls have a well deserved bad rap!! If you have children and own a Pit Bull you are taking an inwise risk. All it takes is one bad moment.

In my opinion, 1 Pit Bull is to many Pit Bulls.

I got my first pit when I was around 11 and my sister was 3 at the time. My sister went to the pound on base and took to liking her (the pit) and chose her over the other dogs. That was the day I was surprised after I got home from school to see this dog walking up to me from another room as I went to my room. She was the best dog I had up to that point and I believe was around 2 years old at the time. We had to put her down when she was around 11 or 12 as she developed tumors around her nose making it very hard for her to breathe. And she underwent acl surgery at one point and that was giving her issues as she got older. But before that time, when our first pit was around 8 we got another pit, this time a puppy and I remember like it was yesterday having to sleep with the puppy at night on her bed to keep her from whining. Until she was able to move around on her own and cuddle with our older pit I spent a lot of time at night caring for her like she was a baby. We had ONE fight between the two dogs which led to the younger pit needing stitches in her ears and that's it.

Myself and my family took great care of the dogs, never left them outside overnight because we weren't too good for that. On walks we always had our dogs on leashes and attentive, whereas every other pathetic owner kept their dogs off leashes and any confrontation with another dog was de-escalated due to our control and teaching our dog control as well. I can tell you though there were a few times where the other dog would've ended up severely injured or dead due to them instigating while the pansy owner is taking their sweet time walking down 1/8th mile away trying while quietly calling for their crazy dog. but again, our control including our dogs has shown they have a bad rep for the wrong reasons and I will tell you it's mostly because of the owners.

At home we had no problem letting our dogs run freely in our fence. They loved anything that was big and they can chew on. And basketball sized plastic eggs that weighed about 3lbs were their favorite. They could toss those around, push them out and chase and that's all they wanted. Tug-of-war ropes were a favorite as well. In one of our houses (military kid, moved a lot) they would love to dig 1 foot holes and uncover bricks, like how the heck did they know that was there. Tree roots and thick branches were another favorite to rip and tug at. I could chase them or have them chase me full speed in the fence and never once did I feel threatened. I'm more paranoid about poodles, labs, dobermans, rots and chihuahuas than I ever have been at pits. We also had a shepherd that was just a big goofball and loved being outside in the rain, mud, cold, snow, you name it. We had him with our first pit but had to give him away during a move since we could only keep one. And whether it was stuffed animals in shopping bags they could sniff out as we got home or food, even if I teased them they knew it was in a playful manner and not once did they ever snip at me.

I see owners every day not care, not pick up after, don't walk or exercise their pets, or abandon their pets. I HATE those people, seriously. And I get the feeling every time I hear about a pit in an unfortunate incident that the owner is the biggest pos you could ever meet. If I ever get another dog it will only ever be a pit. No cropped ears, no stupid spike collar, no chain leash, no 4x4 cage for them to be in prison 24/7 I can understand people that found themselves in an incident to be afraid of those dogs, but I feel most of the negative thinking towards them is just massive ignorance because they only feed off the media and probably aren't too good of a dog owner themselves. If someone really cared for a mid size or larger dog that is more aggressive or stronger by nature I think they'd understand where I'm coming from over the people that only ever car for pocket dogs, rat dogs, or some other dog where you probably have never seen their teeth at any point.

I will say if you're biggest fear for any dog is a pit, if you ever have to raise one from a pup I promise you'll change your mind about them. They are very caring, affectionate, playful and active. If you fail as a human you will fail this dog and will continue to be a reason of bad perception.

I tried to host some of my pictures of my second dog, Ginger, and cat, Yoshi, from my photobucket account but apparently photobucket is blocked for some strange reason. If you replace ***blocked*** with photobucket dot com it should work

https://i2.***BLOCKED***/albums/y13/InTheZoneAC/IMG_20160607_173126879_zpsoyyapndv.jpg https://i2.***BLOCKED***/albums/y13/InTheZoneAC/IMG_20161221_180057741_zpszivputhh.jpg https://i2.***BLOCKED***/albums/y13/InTheZoneAC/CIMG2893_zpsio7sx9w7.jpg

mattjames2010

Reaction score
https://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

Conduct by anyone in the league that is illegal, violent, dangerous, or irresponsible puts innocent victims at risk, damages the reputation of others in the game, and undercuts public respect and support for the NFL. We must endeavor at all times to be people of high character; we must show respect for others inside and outside our workplace; and we must strive to conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on ourselves, our teams, the communities we represent, and the NFL.

Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person

I see no reason, under this policy, why Dak shouldn't get a suspension.

jrumann59

Reaction score
if his dog has gotten out of his control twice before, he is clearly not a responsible dog owner. perhaps a toy poodle would be more appropriate for him. he has no one to blame but himself.
funnier smaller breeds are more prone to bites than bigger breeds. Call it napolean complex or whatever. Smaller animals know they are smaller and to "protect" themselves they are prone to biting. Thing is small dog bites usually do not make the news.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
funnier smaller breeds are more prone to bites than bigger breeds. Call it napolean complex or whatever. Smaller animals know they are smaller and to "protect" themselves they are prone to biting. Thing is small dog bites usually do not make the news.

Because small dog bites, unless it's a child, normally don't remove the finger or arm of a person. They also aren't a major threat to adults - ever watch a video of a small dog chasing adults through the streets and everyone running in fear while someone then gets dragged through the streets with blood stained cement?

Yeah, you can find that with big dogs. Not little dogs.

Dak is a moron and should be facing suspension for his incompetence.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
https://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

Conduct by anyone in the league that is illegal, violent, dangerous, or irresponsible puts innocent victims at risk, damages the reputation of others in the game, and undercuts public respect and support for the NFL. We must endeavor at all times to be people of high character; we must show respect for others inside and outside our workplace; and we must strive to conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on ourselves, our teams, the communities we represent, and the NFL.

Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person

I see no reason, under this policy, why Dak shouldn't get a suspension.
Man, you really don't like the Cowboy skill position players. Zeke ain't worth it, Cooper sucks, Dak should be suspended for his dog.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Man, you really don't like the Cowboy skill position players. Zeke ain't worth it, Cooper sucks, Dak should be suspended for his dog.

Dak's play on the field has nothing to do with this - and I defended Zeke when he was facing suspension and I still believe it to be stupid. This here though, again IF all is true that he was previously warned about this twice and got someone injured, he should be punished.

I expect, as she should, she'll be wanting a payout. If they decide to put his dog down then the media will really latch onto this story, the pitbull debate is already heated enough as it is.

cern

Reaction score
the reason they bite more is they're spoiled and coddled more than larger does. that gives them the sense they are the pack leader. often if a small dog nips someone, its owner will pick up and give it the "there, there" treatment which only encourages the bad behavior.