PFT: Woman bitten by Dak Prescott's dog loses part of finger

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Whether a dog is a "mutt" doesn't matter as much if it still has pit in them - it's still going to impact their behavior.

Again, this argument that it's all about the owner and the current environment ignores hundreds of years of breeding and genetics. It's absolutely absurd to just ignore because you have some weird bias towards it - some dogs are naturally timid, some are more gentle lap dogs, some dogs are inherently better hunters and burrowers. This thing where everyone flips once you say one breed is more aggressive and dangerous than another is odd.

Just accept it so we can start coming up with solutions.
My solution stop breeding them.

Birdgang

Reaction score
My solution stop breeding them.

We cant even stop humans from breeding .... THey seem to be killing themselves in larger numbers. If it was a perfect world , they would be able to enforce better dog control and breeding. People buying these FAKE Bullys for 50-100 bucks its a never ending cycle . You get what you pay for ..... Do you really think the 70" $400 Chinese knock off TV will is going to work like a Samsung , SOny ; LG ?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I got my first pit when I was around 11 and my sister was 3 at the time. My sister went to the pound on base and took to liking her (the pit) and chose her over the other dogs. That was the day I was surprised after I got home from school to see this dog walking up to me from another room as I went to my room. She was the best dog I had up to that point and I believe was around 2 years old at the time. We had to put her down when she was around 11 or 12 as she developed tumors around her nose making it very hard for her to breathe. And she underwent acl surgery at one point and that was giving her issues as she got older. But before that time, when our first pit was around 8 we got another pit, this time a puppy and I remember like it was yesterday having to sleep with the puppy at night on her bed to keep her from whining. Until she was able to move around on her own and cuddle with our older pit I spent a lot of time at night caring for her like she was a baby. We had ONE fight between the two dogs which led to the younger pit needing stitches in her ears and that's it.

Myself and my family took great care of the dogs, never left them outside overnight because we weren't too good for that. On walks we always had our dogs on leashes and attentive, whereas every other pathetic owner kept their dogs off leashes and any confrontation with another dog was de-escalated due to our control and teaching our dog control as well. I can tell you though there were a few times where the other dog would've ended up severely injured or dead due to them instigating while the pansy owner is taking their sweet time walking down 1/8th mile away trying while quietly calling for their crazy dog. but again, our control including our dogs has shown they have a bad rep for the wrong reasons and I will tell you it's mostly because of the owners.

At home we had no problem letting our dogs run freely in our fence. They loved anything that was big and they can chew on. And basketball sized plastic eggs that weighed about 3lbs were their favorite. They could toss those around, push them out and chase and that's all they wanted. Tug-of-war ropes were a favorite as well. In one of our houses (military kid, moved a lot) they would love to dig 1 foot holes and uncover bricks, like how the heck did they know that was there. Tree roots and thick branches were another favorite to rip and tug at. I could chase them or have them chase me full speed in the fence and never once did I feel threatened. I'm more paranoid about poodles, labs, dobermans, rots and chihuahuas than I ever have been at pits. We also had a shepherd that was just a big goofball and loved being outside in the rain, mud, cold, snow, you name it. We had him with our first pit but had to give him away during a move since we could only keep one. And whether it was stuffed animals in shopping bags they could sniff out as we got home or food, even if I teased them they knew it was in a playful manner and not once did they ever snip at me.

I see owners every day not care, not pick up after, don't walk or exercise their pets, or abandon their pets. I HATE those people, seriously. And I get the feeling every time I hear about a pit in an unfortunate incident that the owner is the biggest pos you could ever meet. If I ever get another dog it will only ever be a pit. No cropped ears, no stupid spike collar, no chain leash, no 4x4 cage for them to be in prison 24/7 I can understand people that found themselves in an incident to be afraid of those dogs, but I feel most of the negative thinking towards them is just massive ignorance because they only feed off the media and probably aren't too good of a dog owner themselves. If someone really cared for a mid size or larger dog that is more aggressive or stronger by nature I think they'd understand where I'm coming from over the people that only ever car for pocket dogs, rat dogs, or some other dog where you probably have never seen their teeth at any point.

I will say if you're biggest fear for any dog is a pit, if you ever have to raise one from a pup I promise you'll change your mind about them. They are very caring, affectionate, playful and active. If you fail as a human you will fail this dog and will continue to be a reason of bad perception.

I tried to host some of my pictures of my second dog, Ginger, and cat, Yoshi, from my photobucket account but apparently photobucket is blocked for some strange reason. If you replace ***blocked*** with photobucket dot com it should work

https://i2.***BLOCKED***/albums/y13/InTheZoneAC/IMG_20160607_173126879_zpsoyyapndv.jpg https://i2.***BLOCKED***/albums/y13/InTheZoneAC/IMG_20161221_180057741_zpszivputhh.jpg https://i2.***BLOCKED***/albums/y13/InTheZoneAC/CIMG2893_zpsio7sx9w7.jpg
#1: You sound like a very responsible dog owner. #2: I’m sure some Pit Bulls, like yours are well trained, affectionate, and playful. #3: Regardless of 1 and 2, all it takes with a Pit Bull is 1 bad moment and someone, including a family member, could be seriously injured or killed.

I would never own a Pit Bull and anyone with children is taking an unnecessary risk if they own a Pit Bull.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We cant even stop humans from breeding .... THey seem to be killing themselves in larger numbers. If it was a perfect world , they would be able to enforce better dog control and breeding. People buying these FAKE Bullys for 50-100 bucks its a never ending cycle . You get what you pay for ..... Do you really think the 70" $400 Chinese knock off TV will is going to work like a Samsung , SOny ; LG ?
My county is a rural county. My county puts Pit Bulls down when they are brought into the animal shelter. The county next to ours, has a couple large cities, they try to find homes for Pit Bulls confiscated from fighting rings. How stupid is that! Fact: Not all dogs are created equal. Some dogs are more dangerous than other dogs. Some of you are making excuses for a dangerous breed.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Brittanys are great dogs , We had one when I was kid growing up. He was the best dam bird dog Ive seen with my own eyes. It was also the breed I learned how to train a game dog. Its alot more fun dragging a pheasant feather around the house as a kid ..... then as you get older and dont bend as well as you used too :D

Thats where a lot of the bad breeding comes from.

With the growing increase of fighting the dogs came along to breeding dogs into a different standard. HENCE why true purebred matters when it comes to dogs. Have you ever heard of English Bull Terriers? Hint the share the same ancestors as the two above .... The were used for ratting though , they also are in top 10 dogs for family's with children. SO again the bloodlines of dogs matter and thats also why they cost so much. I paid about 7 grand between both my dogs. You cant just start making dogs with no repercussions .... How do humans turn out when they imbreed too much ?>

It's tough to know a pure bread know. Strains of strains, most pitbulls are a strain of their genetics. Like you mentioned they are genetically pre-disposed from the Terrier to the Pit Bull, which were for aggression. I don't blame the dogs. But they can be trained, if the owner wants.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I doubt she ever did and she has her Dad to thank for it. Guess who brought home the pit bull? I would never want a pit and certainly not with small children at home.

Same here. I've had Labs and I like dogs as much as anyone. But I value people more highly than animals, and I wouldn't bring home a pit bull any more than I would an alligator.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Same here. I've had Labs and I like dogs as much as anyone. But I value people more highly than animals, and I wouldn't bring home a pit bull any more than I would an alligator.

I would, just put in the effort to train them. Dak should afford that even in a rookie contract.

Birdgang

Reaction score
It's tough to know a pure bread know. Strains of strains, most pitbulls are a strain of their genetics. Like you mentioned they are genetically pre-disposed from the Terrier to the Pit Bull, which were for aggression. I don't blame the dogs. But they can be trained, if the owner wants.

Actualy the Terrier was for the game dog in them , the Bulldog was for the determination " Aggression' and strength

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Sorry, but your perception of dog attacks is a terrible ignorance and far from fact. Pit attacks are the most dangerous, but there are plenty of breeds that attack at a higher rate. And there dogs that have a more dangerous bite,
But you probably wouldn't know.
Maybe understand why pits have a bad rep. And bad owners like Dak are a big reason why that is so.

I know more about dogs than you think. I was a Real Estate appraiser for about 12 years and many of the home owners were dog owners, and quite frequently the dogs were home but the owners weren't, but the property still had to be inspected inside and out.
Fortunately I never met a killer Poodle. Met some foul tempered Chihuahuas, but their bark was worse than their bite. Unfortunately though, they weren't all Poodles and Chihuahuas.

I've also owned / trained 3 Labrador retrievers for field trials in past years, so I'm no stranger to dogs, both friendly and otherwise.
And being quite familiar with Labrador Retrievers, Labs are quite well known for their friendly disposition. They weren't bred for fighting like pits.
There are exceptions to every rule, but I'd very much prefer to meet up with a Lab over a Rot or Pit Bull ANY day. And yes there are indeed bad pet owners, but anyone who subscribes to the idea that "there are no bad Pit Bulls / only bad owners" is very badly mistaken.

Last edited:

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I know more about dogs than you think. I was a Real Estate appraiser for about 12 years and many of the home owners were dog owners, and quite frequently the dogs were home but the owners weren't, but the property still had to be inspected inside and out.
Fortunately I never met a killer Poodle. Met some foul tempered Chihuahuas, but their bark was worse than their bite. Unfortunately though, they weren't all Poodles and Chihuahuas.

I've also owned / trained 3 Labrador retrievers for field trials in past years, so I'm no stranger to dogs, both friendly and otherwise.
And being quite familiar with Labrador Retrievers, Labs are quite well known for their friendly disposition. They weren't bred for fighting like pits.
There are exceptions to every rule, but I'd very much prefer to meet up with a Lab over a Rot or Pit Bull ANY day. And yes there are indeed bad pet owners, but anyone who subscribes to the idea that "there are no bad Pit Bulls / only bad owners" is very badly mistaken.

Yep, dog owners should be responsible. They are considered property. I'd like to talk to Buzzabait. My local Britt breeder relocated to Oregon. Divorce socks...

InTheZone

Reaction score

Not one person said such. And this literally applies to any animal/human on earth.

So much hate for a dog that is more often owned by pos individuals, wonder why there's not nearly as much hate for a certain race of our own kind that kills at a higher rate. Should we ban and avoid certain ethnicities?

I get people are just fearful/cautious by nature, I just think it'll take only a good experience to see the other side. That's all.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
WOW The difference is HUGE in a mutt vs Purebred, that statement right there and the Hundreds of years remark LOL ...... Maybe learn about the breed if you are going to talk about them in a sensible conversation. The Pit Bull type dog was actually several different dogs in the 19th century but they were called Bull and Terrier. Only 3 of the many types survived until the 1930s The Darlaston, Walsall and Cradley Heath. The American Staffordshire terrier came from the more the lines Cradley heath. The American Pit Bull Terrier was the Walsall . Both breeds of dogs made exelent working and companion dogs. Until people decided to use them for fighting.... Thats where a lot of the bad breeding comes from.

With the growing increase of fighting the dogs came along to breeding dogs into a different standard. HENCE why true purebred matters when it comes to dogs. Have you ever heard of English Bull Terriers? Hint the share the same ancestors as the two above .... The were used for ratting though , they also are in top 10 dogs for family's with children. SO again the bloodlines of dogs matter and thats also why they cost so much. I paid about 7 grand between both my dogs. You cant just start making dogs with no repercussions .... How do humans turn out when they imbreed too much ?>

What the hell? First off, it's "inbreeding", not "imbreeding" - and "inbreeding" between humans and dogs IS NOT the same. The genetics of a dog and human are not alike, "inbreeding" with dogs over a long period of time can work out just fine. Your comparison here is stupid.

The most impact "inbreeding" has with a dog comes with health. And you missed the point, champ, you're attempting to assume a "mutt" - say one breed is mixed with a pitbull type will just cancel out the pitbull traits. That's really not how genetics work, it will still have some pitbull traits, which again, could lead to being highly aggressive.

The rest of your post is just babble. Also, start backing up your posts with citations from now on - you can start with "imbreeding". LOL

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not one person said such. And this literally applies to any animal/human on earth.

So much hate for a dog that is more often owned by pos individuals, wonder why there's not nearly as much hate for a certain race of our own kind that kills at a higher rate. Should we ban and avoid certain ethnicities?

I get people are just fearful/cautious by nature, I just think it'll take only a good experience to see the other side. That's all.

*sigh* no one is saying owners shouldn't take responsibility. And if, and there is, a certain race/ethnicity killing more than other races - you want to get down to the reason why, yes? Some people are extremists, obviously, but you must acknowledge the problem to get to a solution.

And the fact that someone in here attempted to compare inbreeding between humans and inbreeding with dogs tells me that the pitbull lovers don't exactly know what they are talking about either.

InTheZone

Reaction score
*sigh* no one is saying owners shouldn't take responsibility. And if, and there is, a certain race/ethnicity killing more than other races - you want to get down to the reason why, yes? Some people are extremists, obviously, but you must acknowledge the problem to get to a solution.

And the fact that someone in here attempted to compare inbreeding between humans and inbreeding with dogs tells me that the pitbull lovers don't exactly know what they are talking about either.
Wish you the best of luck, maybe one day you'll see the love and affection these dogs can't get enough of.

Birdgang

Reaction score
What the hell? First off, it's "inbreeding", not "imbreeding" - and "inbreeding" between humans and dogs IS NOT the same. The genetics of a dog and human are not alike, "inbreeding" with dogs over a long period of time can work out just fine. Your comparison here is stupid.

The most impact "inbreeding" has with a dog comes with health. And you missed the point, champ, you're attempting to assume a "mutt" - say one breed is mixed with a pitbull type will just cancel out the pitbull traits. That's really not how genetics work, it will still have some pitbull traits, which again, could lead to being highly aggressive.

The rest of your post is just babble. Also, start backing up your posts with citations from now on - you can start with "imbreeding". LOL

You try typing perfectly with one hand while phone auto corrects and you miss something. Your whole reply just proves you have nothing of value to add, and have to try and insult someone when defeated with facts . My bet is you drive a lifted truck as well, to compensate for other things. btw Im guessing your offended for a reason just make sure they are not direct relatives and I hear you should be ok

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Woman bitten by Dak Prescott's dog loses part of finger

gettyimages-1081731104-e1551472527218.jpg

The neighbor bitten by Dak Prescott's loose dog lost part of her right ring finger, WFAA reported Friday from court documents about the incident from last month. The woman was hospitalized fo...

Read Full Story
I heard the bite was off the mark and wasn't very accurate....:muttley:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Go talk to some ER nurses if you want to get a realistic pic about dog bites.

Good thought, except I'm not sure we could trust nurses who have treated people mauled by pit bulls....they might be wrong headed enough to blame the pit bulls instead of the owners. :facepalm:

Birdgang

Reaction score
Good thought, except I'm not sure we could trust nurses who have treated people mauled by pit bulls....they might be wrong headed enough to blame the pit bulls instead of the owners. :facepalm:

Also who is to say the ER nurse has seen such an incident .... Im sure Demographic of where she lives plays a part too. Problem , still remains of misidentifying the breed and lumping many into the "Pitbull Group" If you look at it that way , of course they should have more attacks then any other single breed .... thats simple math so since there is about 30 dog breeds that commonly get misinterpreted .... lets even put it into a 3rd . 10 x more the chance is huge when trying to accurately track attacks