News: PJM: For the Cowboys and Dak Prescott, the Metrics No Longer Make a Lick of Sense

csirl

Reaction score
Hey...anarchy is great recipe.

But your idea has a fallacy.....any GM would get fired as soon as they secured the Top 3 pick in the draft!!

Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones are not more like GMs.....good try!!
Dak isnt going to be a difference maker this season. We"ll get the same results with JAG vet QB on less than 5m per year as with Dak, but without completely destroying our cap for the next 4-5 years.

So if you think we'll have a terrible season, maybe 3 or 4 wins, then why spend 200-300m for no reason?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Implication"?

Everyone already knows Dak's a good QB who will be paid like he's great because it's his turn to be paid. Same as Jordan Love, Tua and Trevor Lawrence. That's how contracts work in the NFL with a rising salary cap.

Jimmy says that teams know you need a good QB to win, right?

He also says this is a league-wide problem BECAUSE teams know you need a good QB to win, right?

It's not a "problem" if the solution is as simple as "LET THE GOOD QB WALK."
BOLD above? lmao...it's Dak's turn to get paid. Like a kid would say, hey, it's my turn to get some candy.

They don't go by "it's someone's else's turn to get paid".
(some peoples kids).

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree but with Dak we KNOW our chances of a playoff is pretty high, very high in fact. With a rookie or Russell Wilson, Justin Field type, we will struggle to even make the playoffs. That's what's interesting about those complaining about Dak can't win in the playoffs. GETTING TO PLAYOFFS puts you near the doorstep of the Super Bowl. Without the playoffs ........you locked out the fence (lol) with zero chance.
You don't know this to be true. It's made up on your head.

Brax

Reaction score
So next year QB1 will get $25M - $40M market value plus added Prescott's $40M Cap hit it 2025.....that is minimum $65M on cap books in 2025 for whoever is QB1

Dak Haters...."real easy" :laugh: :laugh:
Only in your mind is this the outcome, because you’re Dak fixated and don’t understand the 40 million it’s got to be accounted for. It can be 15 million by cutting Dak before the season and rolling the 25 to next. And who says next year’s QB is 25 million. Glad you’re not the cap guy though because you love mediocrity, Dak apologists it’s really easy you are just blind to it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Then the CAP happened.
It's not all about the cap. The Joneses treating the draft like it was unimportant wasn't cap-related. The Joneses treating FA like it's bargain bin or bust is not cap-related since other teams sign their guys and also bring in select top FAs. Don't buy into what's being sold. Yes, you have to manage the cap, but there are ways to do that without essentially sitting our free agency. If not, then all these other teams must be violating cap protocol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak isnt going to be a difference maker this season. We"ll get the same results with JAG vet QB on less than 5m per year as with Dak, but without completely destroying our cap for the next 4-5 years.

So if you think we'll have a terrible season, maybe 3 or 4 wins, then why spend 200-300m for no reason?
Why are you guys so in fear of the cap?

Qcard

Reaction score
Only in your mind is this the outcome, because you’re Dak fixated and don’t understand the 40 million it’s got to be accounted for. It can be 15 million by cutting Dak before the season and rolling the 25 to next. And who says next year’s QB is 25 million. Glad you’re not the cap guy though because you love mediocrity, Dak apologists it’s really easy you are just blind to it.
No….I am eyes wide open to starting 5-1 Copper Rush and 25% Redzone efficiency Trigger Trey :flagwave:

Qcard

Reaction score
Please give me a list of JAG Vet QBs that will play for $5M per year and that can win 12 games and contend for the play-offs?

How old are you?

I don’t think…..I know Dak Prescott is capable Of 12 Wins and MVP level play…..go play Madden!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

that's not reality. but its better to go with a 5M QB and end up with a top 5 pick. that would be worth it.

Brax

Reaction score
No….I am eyes wide open to starting 5-1 Copper Rush and 25% Redzone efficiency Trigger Trey :flagwave:
The only thing your eyes are wide open to is Dak and that’s the underlying problem

rags747

Reaction score
Have you ever worked for a losing Franchise??

Of course the fan has the option to turn off the TV and the noise.

But have you ever had friends or family that have gone to work to support an NFL day to day activity?

Built different easy when all you got to do is grab the remote control or smart phone...

Do you remember the Dave Campo era?
Exactly my point, 99.9% of the fans on this board have zero skin in the game at all So again it amazes me that so many are risk averse. Roll the dice, absolutely nothing to lose at all. What is your close relationship with an nfl team?

75boyz

Reaction score
I agree but with Dak we KNOW our chances of a playoff is pretty high, very high in fact. With a rookie or Russell Wilson, Justin Field type, we will struggle to even make the playoffs. That's what's interesting about those complaining about Dak can't win in the playoffs. GETTING TO PLAYOFFS puts you near the doorstep of the Super Bowl. Without the playoffs ........you locked out the fence (lol) with zero chance.
And yet how high is that playoff ceiling...
If you believe Dak Prescott could somehow beat 4 consecutive playoff opponents then you ignore the past and unfortunately, when that happens, you are destined to repeat it.
And here we are.

The current head coach and QB of this team both suck at playoff football.
And the GM does not understand basic roster building in order to contend for championships.
That's 0 for 3.
And the GM ain't going anywhere.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
what?!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
is this the same Rush who led the offense to 22nd ranking in every offensive statical category? the same Rush when the defense only gave up 13 points a game and even scored a couple of times? the same rush when the opposing offense scored more than 20 points we lost? that Rush?

Praxit

Reaction score
..yep, that scenario is sure getting strange. Now that Lance is doing better.

I wonder what Jerry is thinking about?

csirl

Reaction score
Please give me a list of JAG Vet QBs that will play for $5M per year and that can win 12 games and contend for the play-offs?

How old are you?

I don’t think…..I know Dak Prescott is capable Of 12 Wins and MVP level play…..go play Madden!!
Go to the sportstrac website and you'll see at least 10 mediocre QBs, for 5m or less, who'd be just as meh as Dak.

Staubacher

Reaction score
BOLD above? lmao...it's Dak's turn to get paid. Like a kid would say, hey, it's my turn to get some candy.

They don't go by "it's someone's else's turn to get paid".
(some peoples kids).
Lol the stans are so childish! And Dak already received one big contract and failed to take the team anywhere. They never want to bring that up.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol the stans are so childish! And Dak already received one big contract and failed to take the team anywhere. They never want to bring that up.
Tell me something I don't know. But, this was one that I just had to laugh at, "it's Dak's turn to get paid", as if that is the way it works.

lmao