News: PJM: For the Cowboys and Dak Prescott, the Metrics No Longer Make a Lick of Sense

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
30 million a year? Based on what?
That's what 12 win regular seasons, but no championship appearances are worth.

If Dak had won just one SB, I'd agree to 55 Million because he might win one more given his age.

If Dak had made it to, but lost one SB, I'd agree to 50 million.

If Dak had at least made it to a NFCCG, I'd agree to 45 million.

Since he just can't seem to do that then he should get 30 to 35 million if all you want to do is win the easy games on your schedule.

I'd rather just let him walk and get started on the next QB whether that is Lance, a 1st round draft pick, or a blockbuster trade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes. Since you starting bringing it up regularly I have asked numerous times.

No. This is the first time you have answered the question by stating your age. Thank you.
I could’ve swore we had a talk about the different eras and how I barely remember Jimmy but remember Campo but maybe I’m confusing you with another conversation. Fair enough.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's what 12 win regular seasons, but no championship appearances are worth.

If Dak had won just one SB, I'd agree to 55 Million because he might win one more given his age.

If Dak had made it to, but lost one SB, I'd agree to 50 million.

If Dak had at least made it to a NFCCG, I'd agree to 45 million.

Since he just can't seem to do that then he should get 30 to 35 million if all you want to do is win the easy games on your schedule.

I'd rather just let him walk and get started on the next QB whether that is Lance, a 1st round draft pick, or a blockbuster trade.
It’s what that according to who? Because Lawrence got 55 million, Love got 53, Tua got 50 plus….where are you getting 30 million from?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
To clarify I don't think he's afraid to speak his mind....I guess as an example its like if he got booked to do the Howard Stern show. That's how I view Colin Coward. Just a joke and I personally don't think Jimmy would take it serious enough to give anything insightful.
Fair enough

I don't necessarily agree with that take but I do appreciate you clarifying your position. Thanks sir.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
To those fans who are using the 40m in dead money as a reason to keep Dak - can you provide any evidence of this approach working?

However there is recent evidence of taking the hit on dead money and moving on actually working e.g. Rams, Eagles and SF.
Every one of those situations they had their qb in house already or trading for a known commodity. They didn’t just get rid of their qb and hope for the best. Thats besides the fact Dak is playing better than all the qbs those teams got rid of.

Qcard

Reaction score
It’s what that according to who? Because Lawrence got 55 million, Love got 53, Tua got 50 plus….where are you getting 30 million from?
It's definitely not football related.....

I think most GMs whom actually face repercussions of signing a QB that would take $30M per Season to start know the ramifications :laugh: :lmao:

NotForLong

Reaction score
So what else is new. This is what, the 3rd time the metrics didn't make sense with Dak?
1st. Going against history and leaving your legit SB run in the hands of a rookie when you had fresh rested veteran who had been playing his best ball on the sidelines. The team was constructed for that veteran.

2nd. Paying him top dollar on the first contract.

Reminds of a great song from my youth... I got a song that ain't got no melody... You know the rest.
How about applying the Restricted Franchise Tag Rather then the nonfranchise which kept the Cowboys from knowing the true market value of Dak and or gaining 2 number 1s

NotForLong

Reaction score
ok, so someone who has no notion of how to manage a cap and the math overwhelming them makes and idiotic statement. this very statement was said 4 years ago. pay him 40M which was tops in the league back then and you are handicapped. yet, his first year salary cap hit was 17M, second year 19M and 3rd year 23M...of course last year of contract is 59M, which is exactly what happens to every other team handing out large contracts. oh, btw, the first year we had 10M left on the cap (jerry didn't spend it), second year we had 15M and that was with cutting Cooper, who had just gotten a super size contract the year before and last year we had 10M on the cap.

if somebody know how to manage the cap, then there is no issue. every team does it. every team has multiple stars. every team hands out large contracts and every team manages. some better than others.

and show me team comprised of B- players, being paid C+ money and winning anything? and something that's A+ today is B- and C+ 4 years from now...that's how salary cap, salaries, NFL markets work.

Disclaimer: this by no means is a statement in supporting Dallas signing Dak or advocating for us to resign Dak. just that this cap doom and gloom stuff is idiotic.
I thought all those savings carried over but our Cap doesn't seem to grow. I always say they should have just paid him in those years and they would not be in this situation of having all this dead money

NotForLong

Reaction score
That's why Jimmy fell flat with a salary cap in Miami... He knows his own limitations. That's probably why he chose not to coach again. I can't blame him...the cap really screwed things up.
always said he should have went to Tampa

NotForLong

Reaction score
Anybody who wants Prescott done and think they want Lance in there because it can't be any worse than losing in the playoffs yes it can be only some of us who think they should trade everyone if they're going to get rid of Prescott everyone and it's time to move on from tank and Martin and you want 2025 Trey Lance that's fine because he might win a six games and that's going to get us probably a top five pick so if you're looking to tank yeah that'd be the person you root for that in 2026 we can pick a quarterback high in the draft if there is one looking ahead there isn't many options but anybody who thinks it's going to be better being a bottom 15 team instead of a top six team and being better to not be making the playoffs because they think it's going to somehow circle back around and we're going to have better years without Romo or Prescott around and Jerry's going to build us a team in the next 5 to 10 years to get what back to the same exact spot we're in...

So, I'm good either way take Prescott pay him pay everyone else try over the next three years to get this closed out and do something special and then blow it up or blow it all up and I mean trade them all Parsons diggs lamb get rid of Martin and tank and let's blow it up from the bottom up explode it all coaching Staffs everything..​

I don't wanna be riding the middle any fans that think Jerry's going to find a way to build a team where you can throw any quarterback in there like we have like a strong run game one of the better defenses where the best coaching staff where you can win close games that's not been here because we would have a Super Bowl win by now because Romo and Prescott we're good enough to get a Super Bowls they just haven't had a team around them that were Super Bowl types. I mean literally we had Prescott and Romo under rookie contracts and we had great run games and solid defense but always in the playoffs mostly the defense is to blame but we've had plenty of individual players on all sides of the ball and coaching Staffs to blame..

so, if any of you think starting over at quarter back and pay all our star players market money and building around some jag and wait on him to develop and we will "het over the hump" are simply clueless and delusional... give me proof look at the entire league 95 quarterbacks were drafted just since 2016and only one has WON a SB!! tell about 18 or 19 teams are and have been looking for a QB for decades and failed and what do they do, go get a VET for draft picks and pay him DAK MONEY they go after a DAK..
You want them to trade everyone and still believe Lance would resign here. . . wow

NotForLong

Reaction score
The 49ers kepy Jimmy G on the roste until they had BOTH Lance and Purdy.
They waite duntil they knew they had a replacment before moving on.

Can you imagine how sick their fan base would have been had they moved Jimmy G the same year they drafted Lance and found out how raw he was with no other solution???
They likely would have never drafted Purdy because they would have taken another QB rounds 1-3 in a desperate search for one.
Found out he was raw? They kept Jimmy because they KNEW he was Raw . . . He is not a finished product but He is no longer "Raw"

NotForLong

Reaction score
So next year QB1 will get $25M - $40M market value plus added Prescott's $40M Cap hit it 2025.....that is minimum $65M on cap books in 2025 for whoever is QB1

Dak Haters...."real easy" :laugh: :laugh:
And then the following year huge savings by not being handcuffed to Dak