News: PJM: For the Cowboys and Dak Prescott, the Metrics No Longer Make a Lick of Sense

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
BLASPHEMY.

If he's lucid you can't dismiss his insights due to age. Weak and an unnecessary low blow to a Cowboy legend.

REPENT.
For the millionth time….no one is attacking his knowledge. All I’m saying is he’s not gonna say anything insightful on a Colid Cowerd show. Quarterbacks getting paid too much. Ok.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol the stans are so childish! And Dak already received one big contract and failed to take the team anywhere. They never want to bring that up.
Time to get paid again. Not sure what’s hard to understand. Romo got two contracts and one came with a bad back.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Tell me something I don't know. But, this was one that I just had to laugh at, "it's Dak's turn to get paid", as if that is the way it works.

lmao
This is what happens when a generation passes on the blessings to a younger generation of players...but they forget the lessons and how it got to be that way.

Yes, players did not share in the revenue of the team before free agency. That has changed. And yet, if I'm not top in my field I can't walk into any establishment and say, "I'm next pay me more...". I have to demonstrate I'm worth it. There's an argument to be made for Dak to get paid, but there's ALSO AN ARGUMENT TO BE MADE THAT HE IS BEING SELFISH, GREEDY AND THE TEAM IS OVERPAYING. Also, who says Dak is the future? Businesses cut profitable investments all the time because they are looking around corners and can spot a change in the market or a better opportunity.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
For the millionth time….no one is attacking his knowledge. All I’m saying is he’s not gonna say anything insightful on a Colid Cowerd show. Quarterbacks getting paid too much. Ok.
Actually, I don't think you watched the clip. So you spent a lot of time defending yourself, when you should have been informing yourself.

Jimmy was kind toward Dak but there was NO DOUBT the comment was about Dak being "good" but not "great"...and yet wanting "great" money. And because it's a problem, teams like the Vikings, like the Broncos, Seahawks (Russell), Ravens (Fluko), etc...many teams don't have an AUTOMATIC trigger to pay someone WHO IS NOT DELIVERING.

Jimmy's point hurts Dak and we know you love Dak...but he's got a point. REPENT.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
This is what happens when a generation passes on the blessings to a younger generation of players...but they forget the lessons and how it got to be that way.

Yes, players did not share in the revenue of the team before free agency. That has changed. And yet, if I'm not top in my field I can't walk into any establishment and say, "I'm next pay me more...". I have to demonstrate I'm worth it. There's an argument to be made for Dak to get paid, but there's ALSO AN ARGUMENT TO BE MADE THAT HE IS BEING SELFISH, GREEDY AND THE TEAM IS OVERPAYING. Also, who says Dak is the future? Businesses cut profitable investments all the time because they are looking around corners and can spot a change in the market or a better opportunity.
What the Cowboys pay Prescott or even if they care to sign him at all, it’s all the Cowboys’ decision. If Dak ends up overpaid it can only be because Jerry Jones authorized it. If NFL owners, Jerry Jones is one of them, are hoping for any player or any player’s agent to arrest escalating player compensation they’re going to be disappointed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually, I don't think you watched the clip. So you spent a lot of time defending yourself, when you should have been informing yourself.

Jimmy was kind toward Dak but there was NO DOUBT the comment was about Dak being "good" but not "great"...and yet wanting "great" money. And because it's a problem, teams like the Vikings, like the Broncos, Seahawks (Russell), Ravens (Fluko), etc...many teams don't have an AUTOMATIC trigger to pay someone WHO IS NOT DELIVERING.

Jimmy's point hurts Dak and we know you love Dak...but he's got a point. REPENT.
How does it hurt Dak saying he’s good? Or you’re saying it hurts Dak because he said he shouldn’t yet paid great? What am I missing?

Plankton

Reaction score
Only in your mind is this the outcome, because you’re Dak fixated and don’t understand the 40 million it’s got to be accounted for. It can be 15 million by cutting Dak before the season and rolling the 25 to next. And who says next year’s QB is 25 million. Glad you’re not the cap guy though because you love mediocrity, Dak apologists it’s really easy you are just blind to it.
Not to be a fly in the ointment, but Prescott's dead cap for this season is nearly 67M. The 40M in dead cap would be for next year with him a free agent (or, will need to be accounted for if he's resigned). If the Cowboys let him go now, between 2024 and 2025, they would have a 67M boat anchor tied to their cap.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I never said he didn’t know what he was talking about calm down champ. What I said was I highly doubt he’s giving Colin Cowerd any form of insightful football knowledge. He wouldn’t waste it on such a tool.

what you just said here is completely different from "he's 80 years old" and therefore what he says on these shows isn't "worth anything"

if you weren't dismissing Jimmy as someone not worth listening to, you wouldn't have felt the need to mention his age front and center.
that was the tell that you were basically saying the game has passed Jimmy by and he's not worth paying attention to anymore.

and you're free to have that opinion. I just don't understand why you would backpedal from it so quickly when called on it.
Why not defend your take instead of act like you didn't say it?

Brax

Reaction score
Not to be a fly in the ointment, but Prescott's dead cap for this season is nearly 67M. The 40M in dead cap would be for next year with him a free agent (or, will need to be accounted for if he's resigned). If the Cowboys let him go now, between 2024 and 2025, they would have a 67M boat anchor tied to their cap.
Post June 1 cut dead money is 26 million cap savings are 29 million 2025 is 40 million regardless.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Time to get paid again. Not sure what’s hard to understand. Romo got two contracts and one came with a bad back.
For the record this is exactly what you said.

"Jimmy is 80 years old. I highly doubt what he says on these shows are worth anything."

You made no specifications beyond "these shows". Now would be a good time to practice what you were preaching to me earlier.

You think Jimmy is going to spew crap and endanger his reputation on any show?

How old are you by the way? You avoid that question like the plague.

Qcard

Reaction score
Exactly my point, 99.9% of the fans on this board have zero skin in the game at all So again it amazes me that so many are risk averse. Roll the dice, absolutely nothing to lose at all. What is your close relationship with an nfl team?
Answer: NFL History is my relationship

Qcard

Reaction score
is this the same Rush who led the offense to 22nd ranking in every offensive statical category? the same Rush when the defense only gave up 13 points a game and even scored a couple of times? the same rush when the opposing offense scored more than 20 points we lost? that Rush?
Yes...that is the same Cooper Rush that apparently lost his back-up QB job to Trey Lance'sb25% Red zone efficiency against Uber drives in 5-6 Qtrs in Preseason

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
what you just said here is completely different from "he's 80 years old" and therefore what he says on these shows isn't "worth anything"

if you weren't dismissing Jimmy as someone not worth listening to, you wouldn't have felt the need to mention his age front and center.
that was the tell that you were basically saying the game has passed Jimmy by and he's not worth paying attention to anymore.

and you're free to have that opinion. I just don't understand why you would backpedal from it so quickly when called on it.
Why not defend your take instead of act like you didn't say it?
I’ve had 5 different people tell me what I meant so maybe it’s getting lost somewhere in the other posts. When have I ever on this site disrespected Jimmy? That’s not even my MO. To clarify…..

When I said he’s 80 I said it to bring up what stage he is in in his life. Out of his own mouth he’s said he’s not interested in the stresses of coaching. He mended his relationship with Jerry because he’s at a different place in his life.

So when I say he’s 80 and what he says on these shows are not worth anything….he’s not saying anything groundbreaking or insightful. Why? Because it’s Colin Cowerd. If anyone said anything insightful or ‘meaningful on his show it would be the first time.

If I meant the game has passed Jimmy by and he’s not worth listening to why wouldn’t I just say that lol?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For the record this is exactly what you said.

"Jimmy is 80 years old. I highly doubt what he says on these shows are worth anything."

You made no specifications beyond "these shows". Now would be a good time to practice what you were preaching to me earlier.

You think Jimmy is going to spew crap and endanger his reputation on any show?

How old are you by the way? You avoid that question like the plague.
I didn’t say he spewed crap want I said is he isn’t giving Colin Cowerd material outside of the generic bland response.

You’ve asked me my age numerous times I told you I was 34. I don’t have to hide my age if I was 80 I’d tell you my age then too.

I listen to Norm Hitges every year around the draft. For some age isn’t a hinderance.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes...that is the same Cooper Rush that apparently lost his back-up QB job to Trey Lance'sb25% Red zone efficiency against Uber drives in 5-6 Qtrs in Preseason
well, if he had a little arm strength and could throw it more than 15 yards, then we might have something

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I’ve had 5 different people tell me what I meant so maybe it’s getting lost somewhere in the other posts. When have I ever on this site disrespected Jimmy? That’s not even my MO. To clarify…..

When I said he’s 80 I said it to bring up what stage he is in in his life. Out of his own mouth he’s said he’s not interested in the stresses of coaching. He mended his relationship with Jerry because he’s at a different place in his life.

So when I say he’s 80 and what he says on these shows are not worth anything….he’s not saying anything groundbreaking or insightful. Why? Because it’s Colin Cowerd. If anyone said anything insightful or ‘meaningful on his show it would be the first time.

If I meant the game has passed Jimmy by and he’s not worth listening to why wouldn’t I just say that lol?
Well that's kind of the question I was asking, because that's certainly how your post read to me, and a lot of others as well.

:huh:

Jimmy never struck me as the guy who shied away from speaking his mind, and I don't think that's changed.
Either way, no reason to continue arguing about it I guess.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well that's kind of the question I was asking, because that's certainly how your post read to me, and a lot of others as well.

:huh:

Jimmy never struck me as the guy who shied away from speaking his mind, and I don't think that's changed.
Either way, no reason to continue arguing about it I guess.
To clarify I don't think he's afraid to speak his mind....I guess as an example its like if he got booked to do the Howard Stern show. That's how I view Colin Coward. Just a joke and I personally don't think Jimmy would take it serious enough to give anything insightful.