Plasticman's Jerry Jones Rant

Dodger12

Reaction score
So glad Jerry didn't take 23yrs to win his first 3 SB's. He won 3 in 4 with a HC he hired. And, it only took him 28 yrs to be inducted into the HOF. Hec, even Al Davis made the HOF with only ONE SB ring. Ole Al owned the Raiders for 45 yrs and got in. Imagine that. Where's your buddy Kraft?

I'm glad you agree Jerry is living off the rep Jimmy created over 25 years ago. And don't compare Jerry to Al Davis. That's an insult to Al Davis.

Dodger12

Reaction score
@Dodger12

Tom Landry won 2 Super Bowls in 29 years.

Jerry won 3 in his first 6 years as an owner...

As successful as Tom was, he couldn't survive off his legacy when the team started to go south. Unlike Jerry, who is still living off of what the team did over two decades ago. He parlayed that success into billions of dollars and suckers are still licking his boots for it.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm glad you agree Jerry is living off the rep Jimmy created over 25 years ago. And don't compare Jerry to Al Davis. That's an insult to Al Davis.
Don't tell me who I can compare. You're a blind hater who hates being wrong & must always have the last word. Go cheer for the Pats. Cowboys Nation surely won't miss you. Congrats, you made my cry babies ignore list.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
As successful as Tom was, he couldn't survive off his legacy when the team started to go south. Unlike Jerry, who is still living off of what the team did over two decades ago. He parlayed that success into billions of dollars and suckers are still licking his boots for it.
Boo hoo. Sniff sniff. You just don't stop do you. Can't wait till Jerry wins another SB. Then you can continue your hate for him as he continues his smile forever in the HOF. :lmao2::lmao2:

Dodger12

Reaction score
Don't tell me who I can compare. You're a blind hater who hates being wrong & must always have the last word. Go cheer for the Pats. Cowboys Nation surely won't miss you. Congrats, you made my cry babies ignore list.

Go learn a little bit about the NFL then come back and we can talk. You comparing Jerry to Al Davis is comical. The funny thing is, you probably weren't even around when the Cowboys last won a SB. I get it....you're a Jerry fan. I'm a Cowboys fan. Maybe when Jerry passes on in the very near future, you'll move along as well.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry is still averaging 1 SB win per 9 years.

Landry averaged 1 per 14.5 years.

Jerry can go another 17 years without a SB win before his batting average dips below Landry's.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope you are correct but I am still skeptical. I think there is always the potential that Jerry Jones will wake up some day and remember that, hey, he's Jerry Jones. Being selected to the Hall of Fame could awaken his destructive powers.

I think I can name several other mistakes after Claiborne. I think he was the driving force in not resigning Murray, the quick change from Weeden to Cassel, signing Hardy.....and playing in this year's Hall of Fame game. I realize there was a committee that selected opponents but if he didn't encourage the Cowboys playing he sure didn't protest. Three Hall of Fame games in the past seven seasons is excessive and the Cowboys could have gotten out of it.

Now we have to watch and hope we don't lose a player. Preseason games are like playing Russian Roulette with the injury bug.

Why is the HOF game a problem? They played players that need as many reps as possible (Rico, Tapper, Taco, etc..). I see it as a benefit.

Hardy was good here as a player and didn't require any long term committment or draft picks.

Murray was a good decision in retrospect. Did you see how many yards McFadden had in 2015?

Dodger12

Reaction score
Jerry is still averaging 1 SB win per 9 years.

Landry averaged 1 per 14.5 years.

Jerry can go another 17 years without a SB win before his batting average dips below Landry's.

This one needs to be bookmarked. It may be the dumbest post I've ever read and that's saying a lot.

plasticman

Reaction score
Tom Landry only won and Jerry.....

Jerry Jones didn't win anything. He won nothing!

He hired someone, that's all. That'a all he did, he hired someone and get this:

The only reason that Jimmy decided to take the job ias because he demanded full control of football operations to include all personnel decisions, all draft decisions and all trade decisions.

The Cowboys won those Super Bowls precisely because Jerry Jones was excluded from any decision making whatsoever.

That is, until he decided to screw things up and take credit that wasn't his. That's why Jimmy left. Jimmy knew that once Jerry started making football related decisions the team was screwed and that's what happened.

That team was so dominant, so stacked, they could have won 5 Super Bowls in a row. They should have won 4 in a row.

Jerry destroyed that team, free agency or not. Jimmy would have known wbo to pay and who should walk, Jerry didn't have a freakin clue.

The Sanders contract, the Galloway trade, and the wrong veteran resignings destroyed a dynasty.

Jerry Jones built nothing. He destroyed some great teams. He destroyed Jimmy's team, he destroyed Parcell's team, he came close to destroying the current one.

The Cowboys are only successful when Jerry Jones is restrained from making decisions.

Jerry Jones has attempted to rewrite history and give himself more credit but those of us who were there know the truth.

Jerry's self promoting, selfish, fraudulant fantasy was so absurd that they would even give him a disconnected phone in the draft room. He instructed Jmy to pretend to consult with him when the cameras were rolling. He even took the GM title without any formal announcement but some od the media tdiscovered it. When he was cornered he told the media that the team had two GM's.

This is who Jerry Jones is. If he bought a five star restaurant, he would appoint himself head chef and take as much credit as possible from the real chefs.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I love Landry. People should be upset with Bum and not Jerry on how Landry was let go. Bum himself has stated he wishes he could have taken the heat for Landry's dismissal.

plasticman

Reaction score
Famous (And Not So Famous) Quotes

Emmitt Smith is a luxury, not a necessity. - Jerry Jones, during Emmitt's contract holdout in 1993 at which time the Cowboys started the season 0-2. Jerry finally determined that Emmitt might be an important part of the team and gave him a better contract. Emmitt led the team to a Super Bowl victory and was the game's MVP.

"I didn't want this year to go to an inexperienced quarterback.i wanted to have the benefit of Drew Bledsoe. It hasn't worked out that way as of today. It just hasn't worked out. That to me is a step backward."- Jerry Jones upon learning that Head Coach Bill Parcells had named Tony Romo the starter over Drew Bledsoe. Romo would lead the Cowboys to winning five of the next six games and a playoff berth as the league's fifth rated passer, completing 65% of his passes, and earning Pro Bowl recognition.

" i'm still so d____ mad at Stephen. I get madder every day for missing Manziel" - Jerry Jones

"The criteria that I'm interested in have more to do with the guys that were on the field making plays" - Hall of Famer Jerry Jones, on why Jimmy Johnson is not in the Ring of Honor.

plasticman

Reaction score
I love Landry. People should be upset with Bum and not Jerry on how Landry was let go. Bum himself has stated he wishes he could have taken the heat for Landry's dismissal.
However, that was an empty wish because Jerry stipulated that he would not purchase the Cowboys unless he could pick a new coach. He was the best offer and Bum Bright was never a Cowboy fan, he purchased them as an investment and always treated them that way.

Landry would have brought them back, he always did. They thought he was done after 1974 and in 1975, a "rebuilding" year, they got to the Super Bowl.

The game passed him by? Well, then, why is it that half of what we still see on TV was invented by Tom Landry, such as the 4-3 dwfwnse, pre-snap motion, and passing from the shotgun?

Bottom line, Jerry fired Tom Landry
It was disrespectful, rude, ignorant.....and unforgivable.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Famous (And Not So Famous) Quotes

Emmitt Smith is a luxury, not a necessity. - Jerry Jones, during Emmitt's contract holdout in 1993 at which time the Cowboys started the season 0-2. Jerry finally determined that Emmitt might be an important part of the team and gave him a better contract. Emmitt led the team to a Super Bowl victory and was the game's MVP.

"I didn't want this year to go to an inexperienced quarterback.i wanted to have the benefit of Drew Bledsoe. It hasn't worked out that way as of today. It just hasn't worked out. That to me is a step backward."- Jerry Jones upon learning that Head Coach Bill Parcells had named Tony Romo the starter over Drew Bledsoe. Romo would lead the Cowboys to winning five of the next six games and a playoff berth as the league's fifth rated passer, completing 65% of his passes, and earning Pro Bowl recognition.

" i'm still so d____ mad at Stephen. I get madder every day for missing Manziel" - Jerry Jones

"The criteria that I'm interested in have more to do with the guys that were on the field making plays" - Hall of Famer Jerry Jones, on why Jimmy Johnson is not in the Ring of Honor.

I remember those quotes. lol

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

He's the owner of the team. Do you not believe in property rights?