Players Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2017

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
1. Linebacker Tanner Vallejo, Boise State

Tanner Vallejo is a little small at 6'1" and 228 pounds, but his play is very good when he's healthy. He fought through a wrist injury in 2016 and was a four-down defensive weapon in 2014 and 2015 as an excellent linebacker, rusher and even special teams player. Vallejo is an ideal off-ball linebacker prospect with some Kiko Alonso to his game. A smart team grabs him in the third round and lets him attack in space. If he can become the guy he was in 2014 and 2015, he'll be a steal.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ne&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter.com
----

He is probably why Eberflus was at the Boise State Pro Day.

But I cannot see why Miller thinks he is worth a 3rd. In this draft, that is crazy.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
If I am betting, I think Mahomes has the best shot at going earlier than expected. Would be real nice if all of them (Mahomes, Tribusky, Watson, Webb and Kizer) went in the first. It would really jumble things up. All in all, there has to be at least two you would hope.

That would be nice to have all those QB's go before our selection but I have serious doubts that all of these QB's will go in round 1. Last year there was talk of Connor Cook going in the first round and we all know how that turned out.

RS12

Reaction score

This is pleasing even though he might not make it to 28.

Still, the team may be looking to bring in some talent, and King has it. NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein wrote the following in his draft profile:

“Rare height for the position. Solid job of restricting catch window on routes outside the numbers. Shoves receivers toward boundary and drifts into their running lane to decrease catch opportunity. Length creates challenge for receivers used to winning at the high point. Instinctive with good feel for finding football. Allowed just one touchdown over last 101 targets. Six career interceptions with hands to make the circus pick. Patient from press coverage. Quick to turn and locate once his back is to the quarterback. Saw increase in pass breakups in senior season. Willing to get physical with blocking receivers when it comes time to disengage and make a tackle. Has played all four spots in secondary and slot corner as well.”

The fact that he’s played all over the secondary also makes him intriguing, with two safeties and two corners leaving. If the Cowboys landed him, they could see where he was the best fit and then maximize what they get out of him. That flexibility is nice with a lot of needs. Some scouts have speculated that he could be converted into an NFL safety.

RS12

Reaction score

That came out of left field. The internet itself would crash if they took Mahomes at 28.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Tanner Vallejo is a little small at 6'1" and 228 pounds, but his play is very good when he's healthy. He fought through a wrist injury in 2016 and was a four-down defensive weapon in 2014 and 2015 as an excellent linebacker, rusher and even special teams player. Vallejo is an ideal off-ball linebacker prospect with some Kiko Alonso to his game. A smart team grabs him in the third round and lets him attack in space. If he can become the guy he was in 2014 and 2015, he'll be a steal.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ne&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter.com
----

But I cannot see why Miller thinks he is worth a 3rd. In this draft, that is crazy.

I was thinking they may be interested in their RB McNichols too.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Still, the team may be looking to bring in some talent, and King has it. NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein wrote the following in his draft profile:

“Rare height for the position. Solid job of restricting catch window on routes outside the numbers. Shoves receivers toward boundary and drifts into their running lane to decrease catch opportunity. Length creates challenge for receivers used to winning at the high point. Instinctive with good feel for finding football. Allowed just one touchdown over last 101 targets. Six career interceptions with hands to make the circus pick. Patient from press coverage. Quick to turn and locate once his back is to the quarterback. Saw increase in pass breakups in senior season. Willing to get physical with blocking receivers when it comes time to disengage and make a tackle. Has played all four spots in secondary and slot corner as well.”

The fact that he’s played all over the secondary also makes him intriguing, with two safeties and two corners leaving. If the Cowboys landed him, they could see where he was the best fit and then maximize what they get out of him. That flexibility is nice with a lot of needs. Some scouts have speculated that he could be converted into an NFL safety.

He reminds me a bit of Dominique Rogers-Cromartie. I'm glad he's on our radar; tough-nosed kid and willing tackler; the anti-Mo Claiborne.

Alexander

Reaction score
That would be nice to have all those QB's go before our selection but I have serious doubts that all of these QB's will go in round 1. Last year there was talk of Connor Cook going in the first round and we all know how that turned out.
Speaking of Mahomes, Wade Wilson is present at the Texas Tech Pro Day.

Oh that sneaky sneaky Jerry.

tm1119

Reaction score

This is pleasing even though he might not make it to 28.

I question whether he tackles well enough for us honestly. Size/speed is off the charts but doesn't seem to like to get very physical

Alexander

Reaction score
I question whether he tackles well enough for us honestly. Size/speed is off the charts but doesn't seem to like to get very physical

Depends on how big of a trade off it is with the coverage ability.

He might need to clean up his tackling, but I don't see him as not necessarily physical. That entire Washington defense was aggressive. He has seems to be an ankle grabber and with his build, it is probably what works for him the best.

But he is not making business decisions everywhere. You want that, take a look at the LSU corner for a while.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Wyoming RB Brian Hill

I like Brian Hill. I think he would make a really good backup to Zeke for the next four years

----

3rd round??!?!? I am a Boise State fan, and I like the kid, I agree he can be player when healthy, but I am thinking 6th round more likely 7/FA. Gakchar replacement, special teams ace emergency starter type role.