Monster?
img-thing

gmoney112

Reaction score
King and Tankersley. So far they've really looked at Round 2 guys. Hmmmm

tm1119

Reaction score
King and Tankersley. So far they've really looked at Round 2 guys. Hmmmm

Wouldn't say either of those guys are out of 28 possibility. Doubt either are realistic for 60. They are more like 25-40 ranked guys depending on the board

gmoney112

Reaction score
Wouldn't say either of those guys are out of 28 possibility. Doubt either are realistic for 60. They are more like 25-40 ranked guys depending on the board

I think I've seen about 80 guys that "won't make it to 60".

Neither one of them are first round guys. They wouldn't be 1st round guys in a bad secondary draft.

King might be closer to a late first for some teams thanks to the injuries.

Maybe. It'd be a reach though. If he's drafted at the top of the 2nd it's because those teams are notoriously terrible at drafting and reached.

Which wouldn't really surprise me. There's always a couple stupid ones.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

I know. But that is what happens with a deep draft positional like this. It is pretty legitimate. Can't say it about all players, but if they are a DB, the group is that strong that there are good chances they will "be gone before 60". It is a pretty exciting draft at DB, TE and DL and it should be fascinating as it rolls out.

Neither one of them are first round guys. They wouldn't be 1st round guys in a bad secondary draft.

I gave up trying to peg corners as "no way they are a 1st round pick" a while ago, just like QBs.

Teams are go crazy, lose their minds and overvalue. Teams get hung up on traits with corners.

Nobody really had William Jackson and Artie Burns as first round locks last year. There was not much saying that Trae Waynes was the 11th best player in the 2015 draft, yet there he went. Byron Jones worked out well and got drafted in the first when he was considered at best on the cusp.

Maybe. It'd be a reach though. If he's drafted at the top of the 2nd it's because those teams are notoriously terrible at drafting and reached.

Which wouldn't really surprise me. There's always a couple stupid ones.
I get that there is the impression it would be a reach. But the landscape changed with the injuries to Sidney Jones and Moreau. Supply and demand, never underestimate it.

tm1119

Reaction score

Yeah because CB's that over 6' tall and run 4.4 40's always last until the 3rd round...

gmoney112

Reaction score
I know. But that is what happens with a deep draft positional like this. It is pretty legitimate. Can't say it about all players, but if they are a DB, the group is that strong that there are good chances they will "be gone before 60". It is a pretty exciting draft at DB, TE and DL and it should be fascinating as it rolls out.

I gave up trying to peg corners as "no way they are a 1st round pick" a while ago, just like QBs.

Teams are go crazy, lose their minds and overvalue. Teams get hung up on traits with corners.

Nobody really had William Jackson and Artie Burns as first round locks last year. There was not much saying that Trae Waynes was the 11th best player in the 2015 draft, yet there he went. Byron Jones worked out well and got drafted in the first when he was considered at best on the cusp.

I get that there is the impression it would be a reach. But the landscape changed with the injuries to Sidney Jones and Moreau. Supply and demand, never underestimate it.

Haha, yeah i know it's just been used in every single debate because someone thinks we should overdraft their pet cats, when they aren't that good to begin with. (the "wont make it" argument)

WJIII was a beast btw. He was definitely a first round lock. Burns surprised me though. That dude flew up boards before the draft. Haha I love stuff like that in draft season.

Yeah, supply and demand. But there's usually a legitimate reason why those teams draft at the end of Round 1, because they're usually pretty good at drafting. It wouldn't surprise me, but neither King/Tankersley will be close to BPA at 28. After the injuries Tankersley has the best chance to go higher, imo, but even after injuries I have him as AT BEST the 5th CB and maybe, maybe barely cracking the Top 10 at DB.

I'd take Awuzie before either of them, imo.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Yeah because CB's that over 6' tall and run 4.4 40's always last until the 3rd round...

That's why I said 2nd rounders. I wouldn't be surprised if either one was available at 60. There's a lot of 2-3 round talent in this draft. Teams like Safeties and pass rushers too, and this draft has both.

RS12

Reaction score

Texas Tech

The 40’s are being run and we’d expect the passing workout to start in about 30 minutes. I can tell you Patrick Mahomes met with the San Francisco 49ers last night and also spent a good amount of time with the New York Giants.

I can also tell you the New York Jets have strong interest in Mahomes, but I was asked not to go any further.

Thus far I’m told Wade Wilson (Dallas Cowboys) , Joe Lombardi (New Orleans Saints) and Randy Fichtner (Pittsburgh Steelers) are some of the quarterbacks coaches on hand.

RS12

Reaction score
Unleash the tight ends.

Having secured tight end Jason Witten -- at least on paper -- through the 2021 NFL season, the Dallas Cowboys bought themselves a bit of insurance going forward. The soon-to-be 35-year-old All-Pro is far from being the future at the position, however, leaving them to figure out just who is.

Per Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com, the team sent out a reconnaissance team to put eyes on Drake University standout Eric Saubert, hoping the team's tight end coaches -- namely the newly promoted Steve Loney -- would fall in love with what they saw.

Saubert was absent at the NFL Combine due to a hamstring injury, which put serious pressure on him to perform when he attended the Iowa State Pro Day workouts. Measuring in at 6-foot-5, 253 lb., the star Bulldog put up some impressive measurables -- even besting some of his numbers now available via MockDraftable.com.

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Cowbo...-to-watch-TE-Eric-Saubert-at-Pro-Day-52041153

reddyuta

Reaction score

Texas Tech

The 40’s are being run and we’d expect the passing workout to start in about 30 minutes. I can tell you Patrick Mahomes met with the San Francisco 49ers last night and also spent a good amount of time with the New York Giants.

I can also tell you the New York Jets have strong interest in Mahomes, but I was asked not to go any further.

Thus far I’m told Wade Wilson (Dallas Cowboys) , Joe Lombardi (New Orleans Saints) and Randy Fichtner (Pittsburgh Steelers) are some of the quarterbacks coaches on hand.

Mahomes is raw but i will take him over any QB in this draft,he just needs to learn proper mechanics for a year.