Players Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2017

rkell87

Reaction score
The way I read this list is we want to take an edge player in the first, and corner in the second. if the edge guys aren't there we take a Corner first and one of basham or kpassagnon in the second. In the third we are looking for a Safety. In the forth it's a BPA crapshoot. I think we are looking for another CB late and probably an OT and WR as well.

gmoney112

Reaction score
And the other one is JuJu lol.

You need guys in the pipeline at LB, WR, DT, TE, RT, ect

Even if your drafting for need, no team only has needs at two positions

I think it's fine. Who are they going to bring in that are realistic options at 1 and 2? The Tackle class is weak, they're not going to take a G. RB either.

The WR class is weak with 1st round talent, they talked to a lot of WR's that could be 2-3 rounders already.Did everyone forget about the Interviews already? I don't see many WR's being BPA at 60 anyway, like, maybe Zay Jones but I doubt he's even there. Strength of the WR class is late 2-4th round.

I mean, it's HIGHLY likely that DE or DB is going to be BPA in the first two rounds anyway. Might as well know them.

reddyuta

Reaction score
The way I read this list is we want to take an edge player in the first, and corner in the second. if the edge guys aren't there we take a Corner first and one of basham or kpassagnon in the second. In the third we are looking for a Safety. In the forth it's a BPA crapshoot. I think we are looking for another CB late and probably an OT and WR as well.

kpassagnon is a project and a better inside player similar to Irving .there is no way Basham makes it to 60,he has visits lined to more than half the teams.If we dont take De in the first we might take one in the 2nd either,it could be RD 3 or even 4.

reddyuta

Reaction score
And the other one is JuJu lol.

You need guys in the pipeline at LB, WR, DT, TE, RT, ect

Even if your drafting for need, no team only has needs at two positions

most of these guys are first and 2nd Rd picks and we only have 2 of those.The hand wringing is premature.I think they are trying to make sure they cover all their bases,if they get it right we could have 3 immediate starters from the top 3 picks.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don't get all the angst. 17 of the 22 scheduled visits thus far are for players projected to go in Rounds 1-3.

Clearly the Cowboys know they have holes at the DE and CB position and are looking to use premium picks on quality players to fill those spots, so they're predictably bringing those prospects/positions in for visits.

What are folks wanting? For them to waste one of the 30 visits on a 6th round receiving prospect?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
most of these guys are first and 2nd Rd picks and we only have 2 of those.The hand wringing is premature.I think they are trying to make sure they cover all their bases,if they get it right we could have 3 immediate starters from the top 3 picks.

There it is. "Immediate starters" = Starting immediately because there's a great need = Draft for need.

Fans try to repackage that every year. It's always a bad idea.

They should try to make sure they have a good feel for all the talent in the draft. Not just 3 positions.

That list shows a blinders approach to need. I assume that will also be their thinking when it comes time to pick players and that's a mistake.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There it is. "Immediate starters" = Starting immediately because there's a great need = Draft for need.

They should try to make sure they have a good feel for all the talent in the draft. Not just 3 positions.

That list shows a blinders approach to need. I assume that will also be their thinking when it comes time to pick players and that's a mistake.

Guys, listen to Risen, he knows what he's talking about. He puts on an annual fantasy mock draft on a football message board afterall.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you have nothing, just attack.

Maybe instead we should listen to some melvin who told us Bryan Broaddus said we can have players visit this time of year. Now there's a draft expert.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Maybe instead we should listen to some melvin who told us Bryan Broaddus said we can have players visit this time of year. Now there's a draft expert.

Nah, the hallmark of having nothing is someone that just makes it up. For example, claiming that I said "Broaddus said we can have player visits this time of year."

Thanks virtual GM!

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

I bet you'd love mcaffrey as the 28th pick being all BPA no matter what. Stop typing

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd deny it too. It was embarrassing.

Hey, please let us know what Broaddus has to say about the rest of the month and how this all plays out.

Oh...And that list of visits is ridiculous. Screams a forced draft class of needs. If you support it, you don't understand the draft. You're just a Joe Fan with the vision to see no further than OMGrightnow.

jjktkk

Reaction score

Normally you would be correct, but this particular draft is deep in DB, so Dallas can afford to address their need at DB, but they shouldn't have to reach for a player.