Players Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2017

Macnalty

Reaction score
So because he is a 3rd rounder not a 2nd rounder erases the negatives?
More that he is a specialized player with limited speed. He can still cover but is not a full time player IMO. How do you see him? He runs slower than Barry Church is I remember correctly.

rkell87

Reaction score
More that he is a specialized player with limited speed. He can still cover but is not a full time player IMO. How do you see him? He runs slower than Barry Church is I remember correctly.
He's got great instincts for cover 2 zone though. You'll notice in his highlights most of his picks and defended passes are 10 yards and in from the line of scrimmage and he has Saftey help over the top in the few downfield highlights he has. His teammate Quincy Wilson is the opposite though, he is great in man coverage and defends passes and gets picks all over the field. Wouldn't be upset with tabor in the second and or Wilson in the 3rd

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
How do you see him?
I don't.

A player with his character issues and also physical deficiencies are a player I don't even consider.

Some zone-based team will talk themselves into taking him on Day 2, I certainly hope it isn't us.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
most of these guys are first and 2nd Rd picks and we only have 2 of those.The hand wringing is premature.I think they are trying to make sure they cover all their bases,if they get it right we could have 3 immediate starters from the top 3 picks.

DeCoud is UDFA at best. May move to safety (due to length and size) because he's not explosive enough of an athlete to play corner. Not a ball hawk either.

Gaede

Reaction score
Every time I see the board universally panning certain players, I think back to Dak.

Alexander

Reaction score
DeCoud is UDFA at best. May move to safety (due to length and size) because he's not explosive enough of an athlete to play corner. Not a ball hawk either.
He does not strike me as a sure fire draftable prospect. But I can see us or a team like Seattle drafting him on his traits in the seventh or something like that.

rkell87

Reaction score
He's a willing and sure tackler, has size so I think we might be the team to give him a shot late.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I don't.

A player with his character issues and also physical deficiencies are a player I don't even consider.

Character issues I agree with not the physical limitations this guy can play football not at a pro bowl level but enough to be on the starting 53 for many teams. This year I am having trouble keeping up with all the character flags with the 2017 draft players especially the DB's.

Alexander

Reaction score
The character issues with the corners are not as numerous as the medicals which are always more severe.

At least five of the top 20 have something wrong with them that we know about (Lattimore, S. Jones, Moreau, Sutton, Wilson).

It is crazy.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

They are pretty much in love with him for some reason. Some teams consider him a better fit at CB.

That's my guess too. There's no way I'd have him at SS. I'm getting the suspicion they may be moving Byron back to corner.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
The character issues with the corners are not as numerous as the medicals which are always more severe.

At least five of the top 20 have something wrong with them that we know about (Lattimore, S. Jones, Moreau, Sutton, Wilson).

It is crazy.
What wrong with Sutton?

Alexander

Reaction score

There for K.D. Cannon or just the free food I hope. Otherwise Baylor has little to offer.