Players Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2017

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Cannon is one of those names constantly linked to us. Kinda like Dak last year.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him drafted. The question is where? I haven't got a good read on where he's going. 4th?
Definitely 3rd day in this WR group.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Cannon is one of those names constantly linked to us. Kinda like Dak last year.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him drafted. The question is where? I haven't got a good read on where he's going. 4th?

I think he's goes somewhere between the 4th-6th.

I always thought he was a taller guy; was shocked when I saw he was really 5'11".

RS12

Reaction score
Russell, a native of Garland, Texas, was able to put up terrific numbers in his two years as Baylor’s starter, but injuries to his neck and ankle ended his seasons early. He had ankle surgery last November and was only recently cleared for full action. He had 60 touchdown passes and 18 interceptions.

Evans surprised many by declaring for the NFL draft after one season with the Hokies. He helped Virginia Tech to the ACC championship game and had 29 touchdown passes and eight interceptions. He also ran for 12 scores. At 6-foot-4 and 235 pounds, he is looked at as a middle- to late-round projection, but has skills that could put him on a roster.

Davis had hoped to gain a sixth-year of eligibility from the NCAA after playing in just one game last season at SMU before injuring his knee. In 2015, he had 17 touchdown passes and ran for 10 scores. He originally signed with Texas A&M out of high school.

The Cowboys also have West Virginia’s Skyler Howard (Fort Worth), UT-San Antonio’s Jared Johnson (South Grand Prairie) and Tulsa’s Dane Evans (Mansfield) in for the workout. Howard had 52 touchdown passes and 24 interceptions in his final two seasons. Johnson was a graduate transfer to UTSA after a strong career at Sam Houston State, where he had 5,352 passing yards, 1,601 rushing yards and 50 total touchdowns while compiling a 21-9 record. Evans took over at quarterback as a freshman and ended his Tulsa career with 84 touchdown passes. He had 32 touchdowns and 12 interceptions last season.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...od-evans-matt-davis-among-dallas-day-workouts

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Samuel in the second. He could be Eric Metcalf. They will need to use alot more 4 WR looks though to jusitfy the pick. The pick will anger alot of people, which makes it a mortal lock

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Samuel but have no idea why they prioritize a scatback when they have holes everywhere and a four down back in Elliott.
I think you see Samuel much more at WR in the NFL. Your day 1 returns on the pick I think are limited to returns and a few oh ah plays, but year 2 or 3 he is your #2 WR

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think you see Samuel much more at WR in the NFL. Your day 1 returns on the pick I think are limited to returns and a few oh ah plays, but year 2 or 3 he is your #2 WR

I'm not so sure. I think he's the player the Cowboys wanted Dunbar to be and could step into that role immediately.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Nobody has told me yet what any of these scat back/ slot guys do in the 2nd that Elliott/ Beasley dont do. Not to mention the ability of the coaching staff to integrate them into the offense.

I think you're asking the wrong people (i.e. the fans). It's the Cowboy's coaching staff that was taking Elliott off the field for some reason to put Dunbar in. I'm not saying I agree with them doing that, but if you assume they'll continue to do that, I'm guessing they'll want a better talent there (e.g. Curtis Samuel), which is presumably why they're bringing him in.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dallas Cowboys suddenly find themselves in need of a quarterback.

They have just two quarterbacks on their 53-man roster in Dak Prescott and backup Kellen Moore after releasing Tony Romo on Tuesday.

Unlike last year, the Cowboys aren't emphasizing adding a quarterback, however. They don't plan to have a quarterback among their top-30 pre-draft visitors to The Star after seven visited Valley Ranch last April.

But the Cowboys aren't ignoring the position altogether. They have six local quarterbacks participating in their annual "Dallas Day" workouts Friday at The Star: Baylor's Seth Russell (Garland High School), SMU's Matt Davis, Virginia Tech's Jerod Evans (Mansfield HS), Tulsa's Dane Evans (Sanger HS), West Virginia's Skyler Howard (Fort Worth Brewer HS) and UT-San Antonio's Jared Johnson (South Grand Prairie HS).

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...articipating-today-annual-dallas-day-workouts