Players Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2017

Plankton

Reaction score

The most memorable meeting of this draft process for Watt has been his "surreal" trip down to The Star in Frisco, where he met with Cowboys brass, including owner Jerry Jones owner, who made quite an exit from the meeting.

"Halfway through the conversation (with Jerry Jones), I had to pinch myself almost just to know the conversation was actually happening. It was kind of a surreal moment," Watt said. "Then to see him fly away in his helicopter afterwards was also a really cool moment."

Watt's relishing the opportunity to get to know some of decision makers he's followed for so long.

"Obviously, you hear about Jerry Jones and (defensive coordinator) Rod Marinelli," Watt said, "and to finally sit down and talk with them and see how much they care about football and seeing them have a plan for if I were to be drafted to fit into the defense is pretty cool."

Boy, it's a good thing that Watt will be able to choose where he plays so a memory like this matters when making such a decision.

Oh, wait.......

RS12

Reaction score
So he's predicting the Cowboys are moving up from 60?
He is supposedly hearing from his "sources" that Cowboys want to use next years picks to move up round 2 and 3. I never heard of him before but some others I follow, follow him. Said some of his sources are Cleveland FO, which by the way are Broaddus FO sources.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
He is supposedly hearing from his "sources" that Cowboys want to use next years picks to move up round 2 and 3. I never heard of him before but some others I follow, follow him.
That would have a lot of pissed off people here.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That would have a lot of pissed off people here.
Depends on where they want to trade up. Get up into the high portion of round two, you could have a very good player.

It is just not that easy to get teams to take next year's picks unless they are a round better than the one you are trying to trade up into.