Players Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2017

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like the Cowboys are desperately searching for a QB who can play a little.

Interesting.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Seems like the Cowboys are desperately searching for a QB who can play a little.

Interesting.
gettyimages-459754718.jpg

rkell87

Reaction score
If we pick from the visits, and if the rankings are anywhere close to right I'm starting to think we look to trade back slightly.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If we pick from the visits, and if the rankings are anywhere close to right I'm starting to think we look to trade back slightly.
Perhaps.

There has been some talk about how this year is different and we are going to be a little less transparent on who we pick, meaning we take players that nobody has lnked us to.

Would be interesting if so.

rkell87

Reaction score
Perhaps.

There has been some talk about how this year is different and we are going to be a little less transparent on who we pick, meaning we take players that nobody has lnked us to.

Would be interesting if so.
I'll believe it when it happens. I can't see our first 2 picks not coming from the vist list, hopefully we get the final names.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

We can only hope.
An extra third would be golden.
Something like King, Basham, Godwin and Woods would be an awesome haul.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Some folks don't like it but if we take Adoree Jackson I can really see Jerry/Stephen selling the pick as being multi-beneficial in terms of impacting special teams, defense and offense (Lucky's role?).
And that would be short term sell to justify taking a player that needs refinement at his pro position. Plus we already know that once he is a starter at corner, he gets pulled off the return duties.

gmoney112

Reaction score
And that would be short term sell to justify taking a player that needs refinement at his pro position. Plus we already know that once he is a starter at corner, he gets pulled off the return duties.

If he is indeed pulled off return duties, his value diminishes a lot. That'd be pretty stupid. That guy will singlehandedly change a game on a return this year. Indubitably.

All players at tough positions need refinement at their pro positions bruh. There isn't a DB available at 28 that doesn't need pretty significant refinement. I know you like Conley, as most people should, but even he has questions about his "want to". He'll need refinement in run support, awareness, and a lot of work in press as well.

As far as what's available at 28 as opposed to 60, yeah maybe. Just depends on who's there (obviously). But there's a pretty significant dropoff in talent between King/Conley/Awuzie/Jackson and Tankersley who i'd put one tier below them, to guys like Rasul Douglas/Witherspoon.

I was hyping Awuzie a long time ago, and if he was there I'd agree with you, but it's looking like he's going to be taken before 60 too.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some folks don't like it but if we take Adoree Jackson I can really see Jerry/Stephen selling the pick as being multi-beneficial in terms of impacting special teams, defense and offense (Lucky's role?).
Last thing I want to see is him at WR. Stick him at CB and let him focus on that. I dont have a problem with him returning kicks, but CB, KR and WR is too much to focus on for someone that needs refinement at CB

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Last thing I want to see is him at WR. Stick him at CB and let him focus on that. I dont have a problem with him returning kicks, but CB, KR and WR is too much to focus on for someone that needs refinement at CB

I don't know if he'd be a WR anymore than what Lucky has been for the team; running a few sweeps and gadget plays, but not on the field running routes snap-after-snap.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I have heard Adoree's name pop up a lot more frequently on the Podcasts I listen to recently. I discount the special teams ability when I rate these guys. The reason I do this is because if you draft a corner in round one, you expect him to be your number one CB. If he is your number one CB, you will probably be much more hesitant to throw him on special teams every game. second, the kickoff is basically dead and punters are so good nowadays you don't often get return abilities. So if I think Adoree could be my number one corner and be a guy who can makes plays on the ball, I would consider him.