Please do not pay this guy

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
To me your best chance to go deep is on 3rd down as opposed to 4th down. Just my line of thinking. Its like you guys think if he throws the ball away the play is easier to get on 4th down lol.

Knowing how some Cowboys fans are they still would have blamed Dak if he had thrown it away on 3rd and yet failed to get the TD on 4th down.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I agree Don't pay him! He can't win when it count! He is 1-8 when losing by one score or less in the 4th. He turned the ball over twice today!
He is No Russell Wilson. Russell can win the Big games when they count and Not blame his lousy D!! Were 1-2 and underdogs now against a better Clevland team. Most have Cowboys wining 6 to 8 games with Dak..So yes he will Not get paid!!

Russell's defense doesn't let WRs run free all game long. His defense actually steps up and makes plays. Where was this defense with any sort of turnover? How many points have they given up in 3 games?

Wilson's defense won him both games at the end this week and last. Wilson was not on the field to win those games. His defense stuffed Cam Newton last week and they picked off Dak this week. You know, Dak could have gotten a win tonight if this crap defense didn't let Seattle jam it down their throat down up 31-30.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Hey @WillieBeamen who are the QBs in the league you’d take over Dak? We’re all waiting for an answer.
Since you seem to be “civil”, I will bite

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Rodgers

Those are off GP. Im taking all 4 of them and paying them whatever they want.

Allen
Murray
Burrow
Newton

Id take those 3 at their current pay because all show tremendous upside

Im also taking Watson but that may change depending on how this season goes. He has a horrible coach, ol, sub par weapons and a horrible defense.

Now with that said, does that mean I have Dak ranked top-10? No.

My biggest issue with Dakota is that he will never be good enough to lead this team to where we want to go. Its not even just his contract situation. I wanted him gone since he was making $2m

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Andy Dalton can drive the bus for a lot more cap space Dak is nothing special. I wouldn't pay him another penny.

There's a reason why Andy Dalton no longer has a job with the Bengals. If Dalton had what it took to be a starting QB he would have been.

rags

Reaction score
With a 1-2 record in the playoffs, he doesn't deserve $40M a year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep, and get ready for another 10 years of nothing ... I can't wait to go 35 years without sniffing the Super Bowl.
Well...I doubt giving him the money would hurt our Super Bowl chances. They didn't win a Super Bowl with the last quarterback either.

Brax

Reaction score
Lol I knew this thread was coming.

I got an idea. Give Lawrence’s and Jaylons money to Dak. Team would not take a single step back and be in better cap situation.
Forget the money it going to be a long year from both extremes. O is exciting but you have to field a D, Nolan isn’t impressing me so far but Lawrence and Smith look terrible is it me or does Smith appear slow

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
All those stats and we win 1 game (and that with an on-side kick v a 0-3 team).

He doesnt get picked as her continually under throws (even Gallup TD was underthrown).

He can march down the field, but when it comes to precision, he's not the man. How many times does he fail when there's he's facing a game winning drive against a good team.

He's a good, but not a franchise QB that's going to take us through the playoffs.

It's not so much about blame it's more that we have so many area's to improve if we want to be a contender.

The defense has given up 97 points through 3 games. 3rd most in the league at the moment. The special teams have made critical errors in every game. But sure, let's put it on the QB bc 1 drive didn't end in a TD. You can't expect perfection. Dak has been one of the best at his position this year, and every year he's been in the league....and he's only going to get better. If that's not a guy you pay, I don't know who is.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Well...I doubt giving him the money would hurt our Super Bowl chances. They didn't win a Super Bowl with the last quarterback either.

That's a fair point, but then again the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So why do it?

rangers71

Reaction score
If only the cast off Bengal qb would have played we would have won by 50.

Last edited:

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Since you seem to be “civil”, I will bite

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Rodgers

Those are off GP. Im taking all 4 of them and paying them whatever they want.

Allen
Murray
Burrow
Newton

Id take those 3 at their current pay because all show tremendous upside

Im also taking Watson but that may change depending on how this season goes. He has a horrible coach, ol, sub par weapons and a horrible defense.

Now with that said, does that mean I have Dak ranked top-10? No.

My biggest issue with Dakota is that he will never be good enough to lead this team to where we want to go. Its not even just his contract situation. I wanted him gone since he was making $2m

The first four are fine, although Rodgers is not better than Dak at this point. But we’ll give him benefit of the doubt based off his resume. Fine.

The bottom four are laughable. And If that’s an honest take, then it’s hard to take anything you say going forward seriously. I like Kyler but he stunk it up against the lowly Lions today. What would you be saying about Dak after a performance like that?