Please do not pay this guy

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Especially when you see other teams quarterbacks.....

Wilson is the best quarterback in the league and gave up a 15 point lead. Now I'm taking Wilson over Dak but my point is we have a good one here.

You can like and believe in him without also just making preposterous comments like an interception on third down being just as good as throwing it away and drawing up another play. Just... Wow. That's so wrong.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak just went toe to toe with Russell Wilson, and there are this many stupid fans thinking he shouldn't get paid?

Lol. Y'all make us look so bad.

stiletto

Reaction score
Especially when you see other teams quarterbacks.....

Wilson is the best quarterback in the league and gave up a 15 point lead. Now I'm taking Wilson over Dak but my point is we have a good one here.

The Cowboys shouldve been blown out but the coaching changes and Dak kept it close after half time. It was obvious. Was he Roger Staubach in a playoff game tonight?? NO but Seattle had everything they could take, especially after owning our team for 3+ qtrs. It's a long season....

zerofill

Reaction score
Since you seem to be “civil”, I will bite

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Rodgers

Those are off GP. Im taking all 4 of them and paying them whatever they want.

Allen
Murray
Burrow
Newton

Id take those 3 at their current pay because all show tremendous upside

Im also taking Watson but that may change depending on how this season goes. He has a horrible coach, ol, sub par weapons and a horrible defense.

Now with that said, does that mean I have Dak ranked top-10? No.

My biggest issue with Dakota is that he will never be good enough to lead this team to where we want to go. Its not even just his contract situation. I wanted him gone since he was making $2m

I think Nick Mullens will be starting somewhere when his contract is up. Pretty sure he could be a starter in a lot of places.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The defense has given up 97 points through 3 games. 3rd most in the league at the moment. The special teams have made critical errors in every game. But sure, let's put it on the QB bc 1 drive didn't end in a TD. You can't expect perfection. Dak has been one of the best at his position this year, and every year he's been in the league....and he's only going to get better. If that's not a guy you pay, I don't know who is.

But paying Dak $40m doesnt improve the Defense, nor O-Line.

He pad's his stats and isnt clutch, he underthrows and isnt precise enough (nor clinical enough in the RZ, nor final drives) to be considered elite.

If you like your QB stats you probably love him, if you like your team winning you probably think him not good enough.

Personally, i'd settle for a lesser paid Bus Driver and spend the saved CAP on O-line and Defense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's a fair point, but then again the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So why do it?
Because you have to. Nobody with eyes can sit here and say Romo didn't win a ring simply because of Romo. And same goes for Dak. Dak and Romo were not this teams issues.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We have a makeshift OL he was lucky just to avoid the sack and get the ball off. It was a desperation throw with time running out. We would have been blown out with a lesser QB.

Yeah, Can't blame Dak for the last pass. Impressive feat to avoid the sack. He managed to get off a short Hail Mary. With time running out like that, I'll take and hope the WRs can make a play.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Did you see his OLine today? you might want to check that out before u say all these great players were surrounding him lol.

I saw the ol. Dak had enough time to throw most of the time. The guy has no pocket awareness at all. Give me rodgers he would have killed that seattle defense.

Wilson was sacked 4 times still threw for 5 tds.

We are not talking about some scrub we are talking about a player who thinks he is at the same level as wilson. So i judge him that way.

rangers71

Reaction score
I agree Don't pay him! He can't win when it count! He is 1-8 when losing by one score or less in the 4th. He turned the ball over twice today!
He is No Russell Wilson. Russell can win the Big games when they count and Not blame his lousy D!! Were 1-2 and underdogs now against a better Clevland team. Most have Cowboys wining 6 to 8 games with Dak..So yes he will Not get paid!!

Except for that season that Dak beat Wilson's *** in the playoffs.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak just went toe to toe with Russell Wilson, and there are this many stupid fans thinking he shouldn't get paid?

Lol. Y'all make us look so bad.
Did you see the STATE of their defense in the second half?

Wilson didn't even play that well by his standards. Our front seven gave him problems yet he still did enough to secure the W.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The first four are fine, although Rodgers is not better than Dak at this point. But we’ll give him benefit of the doubt based off his resume. Fine.

The bottom four are laughable. And If that’s an honest take, then it’s hard to take anything you say going forward seriously. I like Kyler but he stunk it up against the lowly Lions today. What would you be saying about Dak after a performance like that?
You obviously didnt read.

Allen just threw 5 Tds against the same team that Dak couldnt even thow one td against

Newton was an MVP and LED his team to a Super Bowl

Murray was a #1 pick and is balling thus far this season.

Burrow was a #1 pick and is already showing tremendous upside

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
it took jerrah 10 years to fire garrett , and then he leaves a carbon copy at OC .

oooh lawd .

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak is playing one of the better teams with two UnDrafted young players at offensive tackle allowing pressure. Dak pulled out of a likely sack made a throw into coverage OK . This man gets his money. No question in my mind.
I dont wanna hear that EXCUSE!

He had 3 stupid turnovers and didnt do enough with the game on the line