Please do not pay this guy

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They stole last weeks game. You aren't going to steal games every week. You are what you are and the Cowboys are a worse team than the Seahawks.
Agreed. We've had a couple very hard games here.....we lost what prolly should have lost and by a miracle we did win what we should have won. 1-2......is who we are right now. Regroup.....

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Who cares where they were drafted? Completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Allen is really good. Had a great game today. He’s got a play caller who caters to his strengths and hides weaknesses. He’s got a bright future but there are so many throws he can’t make right now that Dak can. The tape doesn’t lie.

Newton was an MVP five years ago. The question was who is the better today.

It’s irrelevant where Murray was drafted. And did you see his game today? Do you consider that “balling”?

Again, irrelevant where Burrow was drafted. Has nothing to do with anything. He might end up being great. We don’t know enough yet. To say you would take him over Dak is pure lunacy based on nothing more than wishful thinking.
You can not be this slow

I clearly said those 4 HAVE UPSIDE. Have you ever heard of the term???

5 years in, they ALL will be better than Dak is now AND are way cheaper.

You go ahead and keep ya Alex Smith 2.0, while I try and find my next Mahomes

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
But paying Dak $40m doesnt improve the Defense, nor O-Line.

He pad's his stats and isnt clutch, he underthrows and isnt precise enough (nor clinical enough in the RZ, nor final drives) to be considered elite.

If you like your QB stats you probably love him, if you like your team winning you probably think him not good enough.

Personally, i'd settle for a lesser paid Bus Driver and spend the saved CAP on O-line and Defense.

How many bus driver QBs have been winning Super Bowls lately? Please enlighten me on when this season he's had an opportunity to pad his stars. His completion percentage is really good. His accuracy has improved every year. His WIN percentage is very good. What are you talking about? Statistics aren't everything but they do paint a pretty good picture of what's been happening.

Fact of the matter is he had no run game support today, was missing both starting tackles the last two weeks, with rookies and journeymen all over the line, and has faced constant pressure, and still managed to keep the team in the games with a chance to win. If the secondary wasn't a trainwreck they would be 2-1 minimum...talking about cap space, they still have it to go sign a safety. . .which is the primary position that's killing the team.

zerofill

Reaction score
We know one thing... all 3 teams the Seahawks have played, have thrown for 400 or more yards... well Cam threw for 397, I think we can round that up to 400. So needless to say, Seattle is very bad at pass defense as well. We also are loaded with talent at the receiver position. So we now know nothing again...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't have a big issue with the last throw by Prescott. He did very well to avoid the sack - maybe he should have thrown it away to live for the 4th down. But perhaps he thought it was 4th down.

I had an issue with the whole of the last drive. Why not target the CB who couldn't catch a cold and got burned every time? Fair enough that's partly on play calling but the underneath throws just weren't going to get it done.

Not sure we are that cerebral in QB play calling. Dak was "taking what they gave"...but he has to GO GET SOME too.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
When did that happen? After the game in the parking lot? Any video of it out there? I'd love to see it. Who won? Did Dak beat him down?

My only advice is for you to look up Seattle vs Dallas NFL football replay. That's where you can find it. Don't know how you missed it, but there are always the select few...

dckid

Reaction score
Yeah I was shocked we even got the ball back. A one point lead is nothing in the NFL. All it takes is a field goal and game is over. I don't get why McCarthy wants to play aggressive all game until the end of the game?
To me this is not a pay Dak thread... even though it is. Stop being so reactionary. If we let him leave who do you want? MVP Mitch? Driskel? The mistake was the FO for not knocking on Dak’s door at their first chance to lock him up for 33 per year. Now they will pay through their nose or find another option. This is not a SB or dare I say even more than a first round exciting game. Defense is flawed and playcalling cadence needs to improve.

Swagger

Reaction score
The Cowboys shouldve been blown out but the coaching changes and Dak kept it close after half time. It was obvious. Was he Roger Staubach in a playoff game tonight?? NO but Seattle had everything they could take, especially after owning our team for 3+ qtrs. It's a long season....
Metcafe not completing the play cost them 7 easy points.

I thought it was more a case of injuries to their defense including to arguably they best defender Adams as the key reason for the game becoming close. They ended up with some horrible back up players on their defense who were open to give up huge plays at any given moment. Gallup made a few big time catches as well that on another day would have been incompletions, especially the underthrown pass. Prescott also looked after the ball better in the second half - his poor interception in the first half was effectively a pick six and the fumble resulted in another 7 points. 14 points in total. He was fortunate to avoid another interception in the 4th Quarter which would have iced the game sooner than it did when their DB was unable to catch a ball that hit him in the chest LOL.

Swagger

Reaction score
They stole last weeks game. You aren't going to steal games every week. You are what you are and the Cowboys are a worse team than the Seahawks.
And is the team going to improve by paying Prescott around $40 million a year?

That's the question.

Because I want to win the Superbowl. That's all I care about.

Aaron Rodgers is so good. Great TD drive right there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To me this is not a pay Dak thread... even though it is. Stop being so reactionary. If we let him leave who do you want? MVP Mitch? Driskel? The mistake was the FO for not knocking on Dak’s door at their first chance to lock him up for 33 per year. Now they will pay through their nose or find another option. This is not a SB or dare I say even more than a first round exciting game. Defense is flawed and playcalling cadence needs to improve.
You let them tell it Andy Dalton can block, catch and play corner as well as quarterback.

Swagger

Reaction score
"
The quote said "Wilson wins big games when they count."I guess that particular game wasn't big and Wilson didn't really try that hard.
I was just adding that we had a superior team and Prescott was on a rookie contract as it's relevant to the initial statement.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Amazing balance. Maybe 2 QBs get out that. (Lamar can do anything).

But once he was clear, he has to throw that away or give his guys a fighting chance. Throw it deeper since our guys were behind theirs. Valiant escape, but the throw didn't give any Cowboy even a hope youale a miracle play.

WRs gotta bake a play on the ball. Come forward and highpoint it. Plenty of time to do that.

He gave them a chance. There wasn't much of a chance to be had at that point in the game, but there was more of a chance than the WRs availed themselves of. They WRs. They should make more of a play on the ball than that.