Please do not pay this guy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, it's terrible, along with the Jaylon Smith, DeMarcus Lawrence, Zeke, Tyrone Crawford, and Amari Cooper contracts. The o-line resources are looking suspect as well. That doesn't mean dumping a ton of resources into a guy who can't carry the team on his back is a good idea.

Again: I Like Dak. He's really good. He isn't great. If you pay him great QB money, you're guaranteed to be sunk.
I'd argue if you are sunk it might have to do with overpaying for Collins who is out of shape, Lawrence who's hurt, Tyrone Crawford who's.......Tyrone Crawford and Jaylon who is a shell of the the player we saw at ND.

I'm really shocked more fans aren't disturbed that this team decided to overpay for Collins, Zeke, Cooper, Jaylon and Lawrence before they touched Dak.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I'd argue if you are sunk it might have to do with overpaying for Collins who is out of shape, Lawrence who's hurt, Tyrone Crawford who's.......Tyrone Crawford and Jaylon who is a shell of the the player we saw at ND.

I'm really shocked more fans aren't disturbed that this team decided to overpay for Collins, Zeke, Cooper, Jaylon and Lawrence before they touched Dak.

I'm concerned about all of those contracts. What does paying 40m to Dak do to help that situation though?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I think he does some good... some great and some bad.

you cannot say he played a perfect game today at all. His two mistakes led directly too 14 Seattle points.

I also for the life of me don’t understand why we don’t at least attempt to take more shots down the field. Russell Wilson is looking down there once a drive.

Dak makes plays.... it’s just sometimes I don’t feel they are enough to win games. Especially when his turnovers were a big reason Seattle scored 40.

dak at 30 million is a great pickup. At 40 plus it doesn’t make sense

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak.jpg

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Are you being this dense on purpose?

When Dak was in his second year breaking records of utter offensive futility (10 quarters with 0 TDs), did you completely just write him off? If not, then why did you want him to continue to QB this team?

Trevor Lawerence hasnt played an snap in the NFL but you would take Dak over him because you dont understand the concept of upside. Brilliant.

Do me a favor, dont quote me again

No, I didn't write him off. I also didn't say I would take him over whoever one of the better QB's in the league was that season who was on the verge of getting a big contract - let's say Russell Wilson - based purely off his "upside."

I understand the concept of upside. Do you? Can you explain it? Can you explain what this "upside" of Murray's is that would lead you to choose him over Dak right now?

You keep trying to hide behind the term as if it's some magical cure-all for a guy's medicore play. "Well, yeah he's been average so far - but.. UPSIDE!"

Hell, Jaylon Smith is only 25. He's been awful this year. He was awful. If I wanted to, I could certainly argue I'd rather have him than let's say Bobby Wagner based on "upside" but that would be ludicrous of me, wouldn't it?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
let's just pay dak 40 million plus, then we can get a bad offensive line so the excuses can be true.

#don'tpaydakcraphesucks
We lose Byron to pay 31 million for inept Dak.
They complain about our defense when there are no cap bucks available as most of it is invested in the offense which can only beat dog teams.
Now they want us to give him a top 5 QB contract so we can lose more players to FA.
They call themselves Cowboy fans.....:(

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
We lose Byron to pay 31 million for inept Dak.
They complain about our defense when there are no cap bucks available as most of it is invested in the offense which can only beat dog teams.
Now they want us to give him a top 5 QB contract so we can lose more players to FA.
They call themselves Cowboy fans.....:(
agree,
It's some bs, so they can finally say. " I told you he was going to get paid" who cares if it makes the team worse.
Seems like these guys are not Cowboys fans, they are dak fans.