Please do not pay this guy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And is the team going to improve by paying Prescott around $40 million a year?

That's the question.

Because I want to win the Superbowl. That's all I care about.

Aaron Rodgers is so good. Great TD drive right there.
I don';t know if they improve but I do know his contract shouldn't stop them from improving.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
My only advice is for you to look up Seattle vs Dallas NFL football replay. That's where you can find it. Don't know how you missed it, but there are always the select few...
It happened during the game? I don't know how I missed it. I don't remember the announcers talking about either. Seems like something so unusual as the opposing QB's lining up and going toe to toe against each other would have gotten more attention.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How many bus driver QBs have been winning Super Bowls lately? Please enlighten me on when this season he's had an opportunity to pad his stars. His completion percentage is really good. His accuracy has improved every year. His WIN percentage is very good. What are you talking about? Statistics aren't everything but they do paint a pretty good picture of what's been happening.

Fact of the matter is he had no run game support today, was missing both starting tackles the last two weeks, with rookies and journeymen all over the line, and has faced constant pressure, and still managed to keep the team in the games with a chance to win. If the secondary wasn't a trainwreck they would be 2-1 minimum...talking about cap space, they still have it to go sign a safety. . .which is the primary position that's killing the team.

Foles and Brady.

He pad's his stats with his safe throws and inability to be precise enough to hit small targets. He underthrows to prevent being picked off .... this results in his inability to throw in the RZ or on final drives to win games.

All those excuses you gave arent going to get any better with paying Dak $40m, indeed it will mean more journeymen.

I bet the Texan's thought paying Watson $40m was a smart thing as well. No point paying $40m if he's not a game changer.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
You can not be this slow

I clearly said those 4 HAVE UPSIDE. Have you ever heard of the term???

5 years in, they ALL will be better than Dak is now AND are way cheaper.

You go ahead and keep ya Alex Smith 2.0, while I try and find my next Mahomes

“Upside” is just a blanket term for saying you know these guys aren’t better than Dak now, but you hope in your heart of hearts that one day they will be.

Yes, they have “upside” in the sense that none of them have done anything yet to prove they’re complete busts. But there are so many things Dak has accomplished that none of them yet have. And maybe they will - but that’s your precious “upside” rearing it’s head. They might.

But assuming they will - and assuming based on three mediocre starts that a guy like Joe Burrow will be better than Dak in five years is lunacy. Assuming that Kyler - who has more INT’s than TD’s this year (I believe the term you used was “balling” if I’m not mistaken?) will be better in five years is lunacy.

Kyler stunk it up against the lowly Lions today. How hard would you be crying if that was Dak?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I don';t know if they improve but I do know his contract shouldn't stop them from improving.

How do you figure? The salary cap is shrinking. You pay him 40m guaranteed, that's less resources to fix the many holes on this team. We essentially need an entire new o-line, all new LB core, and an entire defensive backfield.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
“Upside” is just a blanket term for saying you know these guys aren’t better than Dak now, but you hope in your heart of hearts that one day they will be.

Yes, they have “upside” in the sense that none of them have done anything yet to prove they’re complete busts. But there are so many things Dak has accomplished that none of them yet have. And maybe they will - but that’s your precious “upside” rearing it’s head. They might.

But assuming they will - and assuming based on three mediocre starts that a guy like Joe Burrow will be better than Dak in five years is lunacy. Assuming that Kyler - who has more INT’s than TD’s this year (I believe the term you used was “balling” if I’m not mistaken?) will be better in five years is lunacy.

Kyler stunk it up against the lowly Lions today. How hard would you be crying if that was Dak?
Crying if that was Dak?

Im not a Dak fan. I expect him to stink it up. We are just in one of those hopeless eras of Cowboys football.

Dak stunk it up against the Jets last year. A team that was winless. But here you are, in my mentions, trying to persuade me to change my opinion :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dak would have to do some MAJORRR improvement for me to want him as my QB.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Foles and Brady.

He pad's his stats with his safe throws and inability to be precise enough to hit small targets. He underthrows to prevent being picked off .... this results in his inability to throw in the RZ or on final drives to win games.

All those excuses you gave arent going to get any better with paying Dak $40m, indeed it will mean more journeymen.

I bet the Texan's thought paying Watson $40m was a smart thing as well. No point paying $40m if he's not a game changer.

I'll give you Foles. I will not give you Brady and the fact that you even brought arguably the best QB to ever play the game to the argument is absurd. Good day

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How do you figure? The salary cap is shrinking. You pay him 40m guaranteed, that's less resources to fix the many holes on this team. We essentially need an entire new o-line, all new LB core, and an entire defensive backfield.
What did this team do with its salary cap this year? They signed Dontari Poe, Gerald McCoy, Haha and Everson Griffen...how's that money being spent?

rangers71

Reaction score
Here is what I would like to know. Of Dak was to get paid $25 million would all of the haters suddenly be on his side? Seems like the biggest point of contention is the contract. So of he made 25 the narrative would be he is great and we just suck on defense and special teams or would Dak still suck because we lost?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
What did this team do with its salary cap this year? They signed Dontari Poe, Gerald McCoy, Haha and Everson Griffen...how's that money being spent?

Yeah, it's terrible, along with the Jaylon Smith, DeMarcus Lawrence, Zeke, Tyrone Crawford, and Amari Cooper contracts. The o-line resources are looking suspect as well. That doesn't mean dumping a ton of resources into a guy who can't carry the team on his back is a good idea.

Again: I Like Dak. He's really good. He isn't great. If you pay him great QB money, you're guaranteed to be sunk.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Crying if that was Dak?

Im not a Dak fan. I expect him to stink it up. We are just in one of those hopeless eras of Cowboys football.

Dak stunk it up against the Jets last year. A team that was winless. But here you are, in my mentions, trying to persuade me to change my opinion :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dak would have to do some MAJORRR improvement for me to want him as my QB.

I’m not trying to persuade you of anything. You’re the one creating posts whining about Dak after every loss. I simply chimed in to ask a simple question - what QBs would you take over him. You retorted that you would take a guy who currently has 4 TDs and 5 INTs because of some magical “upside”. There’s no logic here and there’s no sense in pretending anyone here should take any of your posts seriously going forward (frankly - few did before this). But you’ve pretty well exposed yourself in this thread.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if you don't love dak and think he's the best ever, you're wasting everybody's time making threads. lmao

get this loser off my team.

ICP

Reaction score
Lol I knew this thread was coming.

I got an idea. Give Lawrence’s and Jaylons money to Dak. Team would not take a single step back and be in better cap situation.
LOL, I'm not a huge Dak fan but I'd be all for this.

TheHerd

Reaction score
WRs gotta bake a play on the ball. Come forward and highpoint it. Plenty of time to do that.

He gave them a chance. There wasn't much of a chance to be had at that point in the game, but there was more of a chance than the WRs availed themselves of. They WRs. They should make more of a play on the ball than that.
Yah, watching again they didn't give a lot of effort. Still can't believe Dak stayed upright.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I’m not trying to persuade you of anything. You’re the one creating posts whining about Dak after every loss. I simply chimed in to ask a simple question - what QBs would you take over him. You retorted that you would take a guy who currently has 4 TDs and 5 INTs because of some magical “upside”. There’s no logic here and there’s no sense in pretending anyone here should take any of your posts seriously going forward (frankly - few did before this). But you’ve pretty well exposed yourself in this thread.

Are you being this dense on purpose?

When Dak was in his second year breaking records of utter offensive futility (10 quarters with 0 TDs), did you completely just write him off? If not, then why did you want him to continue to QB this team?

Trevor Lawerence hasnt played an snap in the NFL but you would take Dak over him because you dont understand the concept of upside. Brilliant.

Do me a favor, dont quote me again