Please do not pay this guy

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
No, I didn't write him off. I also didn't say I would take him over whoever one of the better QB's in the league was that season who was on the verge of getting a big contract - let's say Russell Wilson - based purely off his "upside."

I understand the concept of upside. Do you? Can you explain it? Can you explain what this "upside" of Murray's is that would lead you to choose him over Dak right now?

You keep trying to hide behind the term as if it's some magical cure-all for a guy's medicore play. "Well, yeah he's been average so far - but.. UPSIDE!"

Hell, Jaylon Smith is only 25. He's been awful this year. He was awful. If I wanted to, I could certainly argue I'd rather have him than let's say Bobby Wagner based on "upside" but that would be ludicrous of me, wouldn't it?
You done lost your mind bro

1. Russell Wilson is 7-3 in the playoffs, been to two Super Bowls (winning one of them).

2. Now Dak is one of the better QBs in the league???
Laughable. So empty stats against horrible defenses yielding 0 wins makes him one of the better QBs in the league? Is Kirk Cousins one of the better QBs in the league too? If so, youre telling me you wouldnt take Joe Burrow over Cousins??

3. lets agree to disagree. You can continue to make excuses for Dak if you want. Personally, I believe this team can do way better at the QB position. You can settle for the average looking/boring wife that wont cheat on you, I want Beyonce :thumbup:

Swagger

Reaction score
I'd argue if you are sunk it might have to do with overpaying for Collins who is out of shape, Lawrence who's hurt, Tyrone Crawford who's.......Tyrone Crawford and Jaylon who is a shell of the the player we saw at ND.

I'm really shocked more fans aren't disturbed that this team decided to overpay for Collins, Zeke, Cooper, Jaylon and Lawrence before they touched Dak.
Before this season started Collins looked to be on a very team friendly contract and longer term it will likely work out that way. Zeke didn't play well today but he was facing a strong rushing defense, he hasn't missed a game through injury into his fifth season and he has produced over a long period of time. Plus I don't mind the way his contract has been structured. We had to trade for Cooper because Prescott looked desperate without any blue chip weapons. A successful franchise wouldn't waste a premium pick for a one year rental so we had to pay him really. But with Lamb being available when he was did we really need him...well you can't vouch for hindsight. Crawford isn't earning an amount that's a game changer but yes he's on too much. Jaylon was playing at a Pro Bowl level when he was signed to a long term contract - a policy that has benefitted the team greatly over the years.

The least advisable contract at the time was surely Lawrence given he was coming off shoulder surgery.

In hindsight I would have rather paid Prescott and Byron Jones and let Lawrence walk. But teams don't get every contract right and the aforementioned contracts have all been done. Prescott's long term contract is TBC which is why people focus on that.

The alternative is trade Lawrence to pay Prescott. I'm down with that now that we have Aldon Smith and Emerson Griffin. Just a shame that we have already lost Jones.

jjktkk

Reaction score
He's had one good game out of 3 this year...how is he the best player? Lamb and Cooper had been better until today.
How long have you been watching the Cowboys, specifically Gallup? Gallup is picking up where he left off last season. He's easily a #1 wr. Google him if you need to.

jjktkk

Reaction score
If goofball Jerry signs Dak our Mr.Gallup will be changing teams.....
I sure hope. I can honestly say with the way Gallup is showcasing himself, I would see what I could get for Cooper.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm really shocked more fans aren't disturbed that this team decided to overpay for Collins, Zeke, Cooper, Jaylon and Lawrence before they touched Dak.

Collins and Cooper I'll take.

Jaylon *seemed* like a good deal, but had physical limitations I didn't know about. I think Jerry didn't either, but Jaylon did. That's why they came to Jerry for an early deal with it all guaranteed for health. Great robbery. No way I extend him after seeing him play last year.

I was against Zeke and Lawrence.

And given Crawford's health issues last year, we should have asked for a pay cut or moved on. Similarly with this year.

But signing other guys doesn't mean that signing Dak or Byron was a smart thing to do. Just less dumb than some others. And Dak was offered contracts he just refused to take.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

1. Russell Wilson is 7-3 in the playoffs, been to two Super Bowls (winning one of them).

Laughable. So empty stats against horrible defenses yielding 0 wins makes him one of the better QBs in the league? Is Kirk Cousins one of the better QBs in the league too? If so, youre telling me you wouldnt take Joe Burrow over Cousins??

3. lets agree to disagree. You can continue to make excuses for Dak if you want. Personally, I believe this team can do way better at the QB position. You can settle for the average looking/boring wife that wont cheat on you, I want Beyonce :thumbup:

Reading is fundamental. Go back and read the post you quoted again. I was pointing out that saying you'd take Kyler over Dak based on "upside" would be as ridiculous as someone saying in Dak's second season that they would have taken him - based purely on upside - over Russell Wilson.

It's possible this team can do better at QB. They could also do a lot, lot worse. You named three guys who are clearly better. That's three out of 32 teams. Guys like Patrick Mahomes aren't falling off trees.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Reading is fundamental. Go back and read the post you quoted again. I was pointing out that saying you'd take Kyler over Dak based on "upside" would be as ridiculous as someone saying in Dak's second season that they would have taken him - based purely on upside - over Russell Wilson.

It's possible this team can do better at QB. They could also do a lot, lot worse. You named three guys who are clearly better. That's three out of 32 teams. Guys like Patrick Mahomes aren't falling off trees.
No, YOU read

Dak ISNT comparable to Wilson in any way. You even trying to ague that in your made up scenario is LAUGHABLE

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
No, YOU read

Dak ISNT comparable to Wilson in any way. You even trying to ague that in your made up scenario is LAUGHABLE

You still don't get it, do you? Is reading that difficult? The point of that post - which is that comparing them at that point would have been laughable - just flew right over your head.

Slow down and try to sound the words out slowly when you read this post.

I wasn't comparing them at all. Although, since you brought it up - who beat whom in the playoffs two years ago?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You still don't get it, do you? Is reading that difficult? The point of that post - which is that comparing them at that point would have been laughable - just flew right over your head.

Slow down and try to sound the words out slowly when you read this post.

I wasn't comparing them at all. Although, since you brought it up - who beat whom in the playoffs two years ago?
No smart guy

Its laughable how you are comparing the situations.

Let me explain this to you:

By Dak’s second year (2017),

This was Russell Wilson’s resume:
65-30-1
3 Division Titles
5 Playoff appearances
1 SB win
2 SB appearances
2 NFC Championships
8-4 Playoff record

It would be complete ASININE to want Dak over Wilson no matter what you believe his upside was. Wilson already had a HOF caliber resume in his first 6 seasons.

Now lets look at Dak’s resume:
41-26
0 SBs
2 playoff appearances
1-2 playoff record

The situations are NOT comparable.

A more fair comparison is to say Id prefer a Jared Goff over Alex Smith!

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I've yet to hear a Dak detractor tell us exactly how we're going to realistically come up with a better QB.
Believe me, I don't think Dak is in the same league as Wilson, Brees, Rodgers, Brady. And I'm not thrilled with paying him 40 mil either.
But we're never picking at #1 or #2 and even if we were it's no guarantee.
So where's your solution?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
heck yeah, let's pay dak 40 or 50 million. I want to see super stud actually finally play on a bad team with no talent.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Lmao. Tell me how many playoff games has Russell Wilson won since they dismantled one of the best defenses put together in modern history? Dude road the coat tails of that defense. Once it was gone, Russell has not even sniffed an NFC championship game. He can't win on his own. At all. Dak came into a situation with terrible coaching, one of the worst defenses in football that makes zero plays.

But yeah, keep on with your lame narratives.