Please do not pay this guy

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Are people seriously going to ignore that we let Byron Jones go? Look at the defense right now. We weren’t able to sign Byron Jones and it’s hurting this secondary big time.

If your giving dak 40 plus mil. You need him to be elite... you need him to elevate guys around him. Dak has not proven to be that guy in his career. He needs a solid team around him.

So essentially signing him hampers our ability to put talent around him. nobody else is going to give him 40 plus mil. Give him this year and next (2nd franchise tag). If he can’t take you on a deep playoff run move on.

khiladi

Reaction score
Are people seriously going to ignore that we let Byron Jones go? Look at the defense right now. We weren’t able to sign Byron Jones and it’s hurting this secondary big time.

If your giving dak 40 plus mil. You need him to be elite... you need him to elevate guys around him. Dak has not proven to be that guy in his career. He needs a solid team around him.

So essentially signing him hampers our ability to put talent around him. nobody else is going to give him 40 plus mil. Give him this year and next (2nd franchise tag). If he can’t take you on a deep playoff run move on.

We also hired Nolan and let Linehan go.. also added a bunch of guys up front.

Swagger

Reaction score

I agree. I made the same point earlier.

The Corners couldn't cover a chair. We just let a guy walk who covered WR1's last season. Idiotic

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
This feels like 2009 all over again . Great QB that needs literally minimal help to go on a great run but yet gets all the hate and blame instead . I hate this fan base sometimes .
The best thing Dak can do for his career is get away from all this toxic bull crap .

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Dak sees looks any NFL QB could exploit. You could put in Dalton and get better results. At least Moore could then add the 5-7 step drop, instead of using shotgun and a quick drop all the time, and it would be another dimension, particularly in this big-play offense predicated on this RB forcing man coverage to get us all these looks on the outside..
Have you ever watched Dalton play? How can you possibly be this stupid?

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak sees looks any NFL QB could exploit. You could put in Dalton and get better results. At least Moore could then add the 5-7 step drop, instead of using shotgun and a quick drop all the time, and it would be another dimension, particularly in this big-play offense predicated on this RB forcing man coverage to get us all these looks on the outside..
But we also get 118 Career INTs and 14 Career Pick 6s.

Andy Dalton is trash and not an option

Qcard

Reaction score
Russell Wilson showed us what a $40 million QB looks like.. Just imagine what he could do if he had the weapons that Dak has.
Also imagine if Dak had the Legion Of Boom in his first 4 seasons...

Dak Haters are duplicitous

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. I made the same point earlier.

The Corners couldn't cover a chair. We just let a guy walk who covered WR1's last season. Idiotic
A true shut-down corner that teams just stayed away from throwing to his direction and someone please say it isn't so!
But another Dak extinction and casualty to cover his 31 million Tag.
And with Jerry GM there could be more to follow.....Mr. Gallup, you listening?

lukin2006

Reaction score
Dak is not woth 40 million...

But the Jones have a history of overpaying mediocre talent...

But this team is a mess. The FO has no idea how to build a SB contending team. This team needs a real GM who has complete contol. We know that will never happen.

Who's life would you rather have Kraft or the Jones...they got the money and the franchise to hire the best GM but they'd rather do it there way and watch this team sink deeper into the abyss...

catiii

Reaction score
Can you say Superbowl baby.....
Our guy is a bonehead. "Mr Panic" turnover machine with any pressure at all and who can never get past his first read, from whom he never diverts his eyes. For a pathetic D, our guys did their best. #27 Diggs personally saved 3 scores. Our "top 5 QB" (in your dreams) gave the Seahawks 14 points and couldn't get it done once again against a good team. Elliot drops 3. Our QB is a great backup. Let him walk - we'll see just WHO would pay this guy 40 mil per year LOL. Time we went for a #1 QB in the draft. I'm not watching another 10 years (time I haven't got on this Earth) be wasted by the Jones boys with no post-season progress because of one his pet projects. We should've won this game. The ghost of Garrett lives on, too, in a retread vet coach here for a paycheck. When we change the entire coaching staff and give Dak this receiving corps, and Dak still does what he does, people can't keep making excuses for the elephant in the room. Sits back and waits for the nashing of teeth and personal attacks from the DakBots. Pathetic. Anyone doesn't like my opinion, you know where the ignore button is. Make sure you smash that button.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our guy is a bonehead. "Mr Panic" turnover machine with any pressure at all and who can never get past his first read, from whom he never diverts his eyes. For a pathetic D, our guys did their best. #27 Diggs personally saved 3 scores. Our "top 5 QB" (in your dreams) gave the Seahawks 14 points and couldn't get it done once again against a good team. Elliot drops 3. Our QB is a great backup. Let him walk - we'll see just WHO would pay this guy 40 mil per year LOL. Time we went for a #1 QB in the draft. I'm not watching another 10 years (time I haven't got on this Earth) be wasted by the Jones boys with no post-season progress because of one his pet projects. We should've won this game. The ghost of Garrett lives on, too, in a retread vet coach here for a paycheck. When we change the entire coaching staff and give Dak this receiving corps, and Dak still does what he does, people can't keep making excuses for the elephant in the room. Sits back and waits for the nashing of teeth and personal attacks from the DakBots. Pathetic. Anyone doesn't like my opinion, you know where the ignore button is. Make sure you smash that button.
:hammer:

Wapp5200

Reaction score
Dak keeps throwing the ball right at defenders. Luckly Flowers droped the second one. Dak's lack of pocket awareness cost us another turnover when he held the ball too long. DO NOT PAY THIS MAN.
Agreed, but can the defense ge t a stop. Defensive backs plain and simply stink!!!

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wait I remember Romo making a desperation heaves and the narrative was he threw a interception to cost them the game..
Yeah the narrative here since Romo retired has been. “I would rather someone throw a pick trying to win the game”

Blue64

Reaction score
No matter what numbers a quarteback puts up three turnovers are unacceptable. Should have been 4 with that easy missed INT in the 4th
Well said, unfortunately the only statistic Dak fans look at is number of yards thrown.

Which by some on this site, should be the true measuring stick on how QB’s are evaluated

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I'll give you Foles. I will not give you Brady and the fact that you even brought arguably the best QB to ever play the game to the argument is absurd. Good day

You just dont get it.

The only figure that matters is the final score.

Brady is the king of the Bus Drivers. He manages and organises, he trusts the people around him.... and he is one of the best ever QB's.

His QBR over the past three years is: 66.6, 54.5 and 45.3....but he still has winning records in that period 24-10.

Its not all about $40m QB's