Please do not pay this guy

NotForLong

Reaction score
We have a makeshift OL he was lucky just to avoid the sack and get the ball off. It was a desperation throw with time running out. We would have been blown out with a lesser QB.
Who has a makeshift offensive line? Russel Wilson. Because that dude balled out, even made our defense look bad.

That man, Russel is worth every penny. If he were my QB I would never complain. . . and you never have to make excuses

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I’m not trying to persuade you of anything. You’re the one creating posts whining about Dak after every loss. I simply chimed in to ask a simple question - what QBs would you take over him. You retorted that you would take a guy who currently has 4 TDs and 5 INTs because of some magical “upside”. There’s no logic here and there’s no sense in pretending anyone here should take any of your posts seriously going forward (frankly - few did before this). But you’ve pretty well exposed yourself in this thread.

You take a QB that's:
- not being paid $40m
- not being paid $40m that seriously impacts on the ability to plug obvious holes and depth issues with in the team
- a QB that gives you better value for your $.....if D cant push the team to success with x$, how come he will with XX$.
- a QB that may well not be great at accumulating yards marching up the field only to stall when the space starts to restrict and his throwing isnt accurate enough.
- a QB that (with the saved money and thus improved O-LINE) will be able to feed that extremely talented WR corp
- a QB that MM wants, as @gjkoeppen mentions, we are not the front office.

At $30m I suppose i'd take Dak, but at $40m (and more than someone like Wilson, even at his age), no.

Look at the Texans, pay Watson his $40m (a good QB), but they've got no money for near bottom ranked Rush Offense and Defense.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Nothing about the last two games can justify the idea that Dak isn't worth the money. 40m...okay that seems high, but that's the way the league is going unfortunately. We lost today against one of the best QBs in the game (and perhaps one of the all-timers when his career is over), but we were in it until the end. We had no run game, horrible special teams play, and one of the most banged up offensive lines in his career, and yet Dak kept fighting back.

Much more concerning to me are these massive holes in the secondary. Seems like the defense has no clue what the coverage is, about half the game. How many TDs now have we given up this year with no defender in sight?

Getting tired of this lame excuse. . . He is not that good and if the league is going that way, buck the trend. There is no reason to ransom a team because QB contracts are high

NotForLong

Reaction score
The defense has given up 97 points through 3 games. 3rd most in the league at the moment. The special teams have made critical errors in every game. But sure, let's put it on the QB bc 1 drive didn't end in a TD. You can't expect perfection. Dak has been one of the best at his position this year, and every year he's been in the league....and he's only going to get better. If that's not a guy you pay, I don't know who is.
How many of those pts came off of offensive turnovers

NotForLong

Reaction score
The first four are fine, although Rodgers is not better than Dak at this point. But we’ll give him benefit of the doubt based off his resume. Fine.

The bottom four are laughable. And If that’s an honest take, then it’s hard to take anything you say going forward seriously. I like Kyler but he stunk it up against the lowly Lions today. What would you be saying about Dak after a performance like that?
Damn you really, really love Dak. . . I thought your act was just to be difficult and argumentative. . . but NO you really think he is great. . . :facepalm:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Sign him or don't sign him whatever but he is far down the list of problems with this team. His running mate looks like he hates going to work on Sunday. Our highest paid players on defense are the worst performers. The front office are thrilled with what they see each week. It is hard to believe how far the team has fallen from Dak and Zeke rookie year.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Even watching it I knew the game was over. I mean this is not 1988 where Phil Simms would lead big blue to a 1 point lead and LT and Banks holds them. In the modern NFL gray QB’s are never going to be stopped. It just doesn’t happen.
Yet Dak is always "Stopped, hence his mediocrity. . . can we all move on from this scrub already.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
If u want to get paid $40m, you need to get a td there

I agree and I want Dak as the QB just not at elite level pay. He is good enough to win but he is not great enough to carry a team. Seattle’s defense was more banged up than the Dallas defense and the only difference was Wilson could make the plays to cover it. Dak’s interception before halftime was horrendous and it lead to 7 points. You can’t do that when your defense is horrible.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Did you see his OLine today? you might want to check that out before u say all these great players were surrounding him lol.
Did you see Wilson's O-Line today? I find it hilarious that both QB's had the same situation on offense. Yet Dak Fans want to grasp to the O-Line excuse.

Dak wants Wilson Money. . . and Russel was like No Son, you ain't at this level and never will be