Please do not pay this guy

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alot of people around here are going to be in for a rude awakening when we actually play some teams with a good defense. 31st and 32nd ranked D's in the NFL right now are Atlanta and Seattle, Rams are ranked 18th

We'll Dak did score 3 points in the 2nd Half against the Rams!:rolleyes:

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
You take a QB that's:
- not being paid $40m
- not being paid $40m that seriously impacts on the ability to plug obvious holes and depth issues with in the team
- a QB that gives you better value for your $.....if D cant push the team to success with x$, how come he will with XX$.
- a QB that may well not be great at accumulating yards marching up the field only to stall when the space starts to restrict and his throwing isnt accurate enough.
- a QB that (with the saved money and thus improved O-LINE) will be able to feed that extremely talented WR corp
- a QB that MM wants, as @gjkoeppen mentions, we are not the front office.

At $30m I suppose i'd take Dak, but at $40m (and more than someone like Wilson, even at his age), no.

Look at the Texans, pay Watson his $40m (a good QB), but they've got no money for near bottom ranked Rush Offense and Defense.

Who is this QB? Can you name him? How do we acquire him?

lopey

Reaction score
We did not lose this game only on Dak. Mental mistakes killed us. Bad defense killed us. Turnovers killed us. Poor coaching decisions killed us. If we do not play a clean game against good teams we will not win. Our defense is not good enough to overcome these mistakes. We will score a lot of points, but can we limit teams to scoring just as many or more.

triplets_93

Reaction score
That last play wasn't bad. He had nothing there. The last thing he needed to do was take a sack.

It was the drive before that, when he was overthrowing receivers in the end zone, and we settled (again) for a FG when what was NEEDED was a TD. Dak just isn't elite. He's just average, when you look at the results, ie winning or losing, not the friggin "stats"... :facepalm:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was the drive before that, when he was overthrowing receivers in the end zone, and we settled (again) for a FG when what was NEEDED was a TD. Dak just isn't elite. He's just average, when you look at the results, ie winning or losing, not the friggin "stats"... :facepalm:

I didn't understand why they were throwing every down anyway. Seems like there was a smarter way to run that drive IMO.

And its fine if you feel he's average. He's performed better than average to me.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dak is a good enough passer but he has no pocket instincts. He needs clean pockets or he’s bad. Limits our ability to be successful.

Cowherd gets a lot of hate here but I think his take on Dak is right on. He’s a great bus driver, but once the bus springs a leak or busts a tire, he’s pretty mediocre.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
3 players do normal routine plays , 2 extra points missed, a muffed kick off and a helmet to helmet and we win game with a field goal in the end but yeah it’s Dak. SMH
This is Romo all over again . It’s ground hog day.

triplets_93

Reaction score
sure feels like 2012 all over again....team gives up 38 and the blame is on the QB. Until Dallas has a defense this will be a broken record like it has been for the last 20 years.

Great ($40 Million) QBs make plays when they need to REGARDLESS of what the D has or has not been able to accomplish in the game.

Why don't you see that ? ? ? ?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We face the Ravens.
We do and that will be a tough competition no doubt. Thankfully we don't see them until December. There's only one Ravens on the schedule. Maybe the 9ers but they have so many injuries I don't think that defense will be the same.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Mahommes
Jackson
Rogers
Wilson
Brees
Watson
Rothlesburger
Brady
That list is off the top of my head

First four are fine and perfectly understandable.

What puts Watson above Dak?

Brees is washed. Brady and Roethlisberger aren't far behind. They have better resumes, certainly. Are they better QB's as we sit here today?