Please do not pay this guy

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The Aikman Cowboys had two things that this team doesn't have. A really good defense and special teams that both helped bail out Aikman on several occasions. The huge difference between then and now is then when the Cowboys scored the defense didn't let the other team march down the field and score too. Also that defense got turnovers for Aikman that this defense doesn't do. Lastly there wasn't a cap when that team was built so they could hang onto all their players and that's why the Cowboys had the best depth of any team.

I bet they introduced the CAP to spoil Dak's chances of winning a SB :)

Slick

Reaction score
The Aikman Cowboys had two things that this team doesn't have. A really good defense and special teams that both helped bail out Aikman on several occasions. The huge difference between then and now is then when the Cowboys scored the defense didn't let the other team march down the field and score too. Also that defense got turnovers for Aikman that this defense doesn't do. Lastly there wasn't a cap when that team was built so they could hang onto all their players and that's why the Cowboys had the best depth of any team.
I was referring to QB stats. This team lacks those things. Paying Dak, more than he's worth, won't get us a better defense, reinforcing my point. I would have loved to have seen Nick Foles take over. He stepped up and won a SB. I have yet to see Dak do anything close, same as Romo. I don't care how good the numbers are, what counts is leading the team to wins and Dak hasn't proven anything. Look at what Mahomes did in the SB. They were behind, and he led the charge back in. Dak was sitting on the bench looking lost these past few games. Where is the fire there?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You just dont get that the game is more than about a QB.....and the yards he makes.

I love your generic rants that have nothing to do with the post you're replying to.

The whole emphasis of my post is that Dak could be the greatest QB of all time, but if we keep losing (because of say: the whole defense or O-Line) and we dont have the available CAP space to improve the holes around him then it may be time to change direction.

If he were the QB that helps us gets wins DESPITE the weaknesses (like say Wilson) then he's my $40m man.

What you're not getting is in your rant about Prescott and not winning games like all of the losses are totally and completely his fault and because they lost and not to pay Prescott and I'm saying that there are MANY legit reasons besides Prescott for the losses. Not getting the most important position in maybe the entire sports world signed and hoping that some other QB is going to be as good is not that sound. The list of QB's that were thought to have been really good in the NFL that turned out to be busts is a mile long yet people here think that the next QB is guaranteed to be the answer. I think at least this year a lot of the problems on defense is trying to install a new scheme without the benefit of OTA's or mini camps and a preseason and that's why this defense has the look of keystone cops blowing coverages. It's like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Some better players on defense would help but I think if the Cowboys concentrated on a single base defense instead of trying to confuse the offense but just confusing the defense or make players play in a way that isn't there strong suite would help a lot.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I was referring to QB stats. This team lacks those things. Paying Dak, more than he's worth, won't get us a better defense, reinforcing my point. I would have loved to have seen Nick Foles take over. He stepped up and won a SB. I have yet to see Dak do anything close, same as Romo. I don't care how good the numbers are, what counts is leading the team to wins and Dak hasn't proven anything. Look at what Mahomes did in the SB. They were behind, and he led the charge back in. Dak was sitting on the bench looking lost these past few games. Where is the fire there?

Yet another person that thinks when a team come back that it's all the QB. Those teams came back in large part because the defense stiffened and kept the other team from scoring. The Cowboys defense doesn't do that, at least not often enough to count.; People think Wilson is a really good QB but seattle's only Super Bowl win was moire a credit to the Legion of Boom defense of seattle that was extremely stingy on allowing points and getting a lot of turnovers. Once that defense was split up they haven't gone back. Oh the year after their win they did make it back but what happened, Wilson threw a pick in the end zone on the last chance drive to win and they lost. Prescott haters think things like that only happen to him. I'm willing to bet that if the Cowboys defense was a top defense that we would see a heck of a lot more wins by the Cowboys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Dak walks at the end of the year. He isn't the problem. In fact,he's been the solution. I see no way his agent lets him stay here. Only way is if we make an unforeseen SB run.

Rayman70

Reaction score
he is worth every penny of 40m.
HE IS. That said, his agent will make sure he walks. Unless we make a deep playoff run and a SB appearance, he's gone. I can see a sign and trade scenario. Hate to see him walk and we get nothing at all in return. Thats just very bad business.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So as soon as Prescott gets into the team the much vaunted O-Line disappears.....do you like conspiracy theories?

Please tell me how many of those starting five from 2016 are still starting for the Cowboys now. I'll help you. If Smith wasn't injured there is exactly TWO so that means there's been a 60% change in the line and right now there is only Martin playing from that 2016 line. Homers seem to think this line is still one of the best but in reality they aren't anymore. This sin't any conspiracy theory, it's facts.

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak had 4 INTs returned for a TD in half a season with a stacked roster. He completely falls apart under minimal pressure. Please... Dak wouldn’t last a game in Cinci...
Look at the Dak Hater complaining about INTs and suggesting the answer is Andy Dalton Career 14 Picks 6s 118 Career Ints

Yep issue solved:facepalm::lmao2:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I bet they introduced the CAP to spoil Dak's chances of winning a SB :)

Yes the NFL started the cap when Prescott was 5 years old knowing that the Cowboys were going to draft him. The league decided that if nothing else we are going spoil Prescott's chances to win a Super Bowl.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I think Dak walks at the end of the year. He isn't the problem. In fact,he's been the solution. I see no way his agent lets him stay here. Only way is if we make an unforeseen SB run.
I would.

Run as fast and as far as I could from the jonses.

With a solid kick to their nads, a show of my middle finger and wave goodbye pulling out of the parking lot. See ya bumpkins........

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
HE IS. That said, his agent will make sure he walks. Unless we make a deep playoff run and a SB appearance, he's gone. I can see a sign and trade scenario. Hate to see him walk and we get nothing at all in return. Thats just very bad business.

I think the chances are about 1% that Prescott walks. I just saw an interview with him on pregame yesterday where he was asked and he answered that he really hopes he plays his entire career in Dallas. Since the last hour on the last day to sign tagged players Prescott was doing his own negotiations so I think if the rumors aren't true that he's going to fire France, he will at least tell him that his hardball tactic won't be allowed. Prescott will tell him that if at least this much is offered that he will take it.

Qcard

Reaction score
Instead he had one of the best O-Lines in the past decade.
Past Decade.....Well Dak has only played 4 seasons, 3 Games and 3 playoff games

Simple math that does not equal Dak having "best O-Lines in the past decade".
Infact 2016 is the last season Dak had 3 All Pro Players Tyron, Zack and Frederick.

Since 2016 Zack is the only All Pro Olineman once in 2018 and 2019.

Tyron and Frederick haven't been All Pro since 2016.

You can take that media hype myth and used it against some uniformed person.

This OLine has been a debacle since 2016.

They've been best on paper for the past 3 seasons.

Qcard

Reaction score
Please tell me how many of those starting five from 2016 are still starting for the Cowboys now. I'll help you. If Smith wasn't injured there is exactly TWO so that means there's been a 60% change in the line and right now there is only Martin playing from that 2016 line. Homers seem to think this line is still one of the best but in reality they aren't anymore. This sin't any conspiracy theory, it's facts.
Best O-Line myth is another Dak Hater trope to slant his success.

If Dak and Cowboys won a Superbowl these Dak Haters would immediately replace Belichick with McCarthy as the best Coach ever.....He can win with anybody... Don't pay Dak.

Qcard

Reaction score
If u want to get paid $40m, you need to get a td there
Or you need the Legion of Boom Defense to watch your crib as you mature into Russell Wilson:huh:

Or you need to pass for over 800 yards with a Patch work O-Line in 2 weeks

Or you need Dak Haters to stop hating:lmao2:

erod

Reaction score
he is worth every penny of 40m.
He is?

If you haven't noticed, teams are going up and down the field every week on Atlanta and Seattle. The Seahawks have given up 1500 yards and 86 points in three weeks.

How do they play when it really matters? That's the one and only thing that should matter when it comes to paying elite money to any player.

Two minutes, three time outs, 75 yards. Checkdown, checkdown, checkdown, tick, tock, tick, tock..... The clock shouldn't have even been a factor there, but here he was, heaving it into a crowd with time expiring.

That ain't $40 million.

Qcard

Reaction score
He is?

If you haven't noticed, teams are going up and down the field every week on Atlanta and Seattle. The Seahawks have given up 1500 yards and 86 points in three weeks.

How do they play when it really matters? That's the one and only thing that should matter when it comes to paying elite money to any player.

Two minutes, three time outs, 75 yards. Checkdown, checkdown, checkdown, tick, tock, tick, tock..... The clock shouldn't have even been a factor there, but here he was, heaving it into a crowd with time expiring.

That ain't $40 million.
Or in an alternate reality

Dak had driven team down the field for 31-30 Lead with 3:59 in the 4th QTR. Giving his defense a chance to make at least one pivotal stand.

There you have it Safety by Committee is the reason....Dak ain't worth $40M

Do you Dak Haters realize this conversation started at about $25M per 2 seasons ago.

Keep betting on your myths:lmao2:

erod

Reaction score

Dak had driven team down the field for 31-30 Lead with 3:59 in the 4th QTR. Giving his defense a chance to make at least one pivotal stand.

Do you Dak Haters realize this conversation started at about $25M per 2 seasons ago.

Lol, any quarterback could have put up big numbers yesterday with this team. Dalton could have, too. Everybody does against Seattle these days.

That final drive was pathetic.

erod

Reaction score

Dak threw three interceptions yesterday. One of them hit a cornerback in the hands while he was sitting on the ground. LOL, he knocked it up in the air and Gallup went for a big play.

Statistics are dumb.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak keeps throwing the ball right at defenders. Luckly Flowers droped the second one. Dak's lack of pocket awareness cost us another turnover when he held the ball too long. DO NOT PAY THIS MAN.
He set a Cowboy record for most passes without an INT, so this clearly isn't true. He did throw a couple of ill advised passes this past Sunday, but let's not act like that is a constant thing.