Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Bad pass that should have been caught.

The asterisk though is that this happens far too often with Dak.

Just maybe this inconsistency is why we never see fades which limits our struggling RZ offense.

Well schemed play though...

Ken

Reaction score
I uploaded the video yesterday for another thread. Here it is:

Horrible options lol

Where is the "Dak could have made a better pass but Olawali dropped an easy catch that my 10 year old routinely makes."?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
That’s a ridiculous and inaccurate description of the play. Watch it again. Olawale wasn’t running full speed, had practically stopped.the pass wasn’t behind him. It was lobbed a little short and his eye/hand coordination was off as he slapped his hands together missing the ball completely. I’m 61 years old, and other than the fear of being hit and hospitalized, I know I’d catch that pass every time.
I did watch it we just disagree on what happened. Don't worry the famed Dak groupie @America's Cowboy is here to have your back

Ken

Reaction score
Dak supporters - "greatest pass in NFL history dropped by scrub FB."
Nope.

It could have had much better pace on it but O should have caught that and he would tell you that. A joke to say otherwise.

The Natural

Reaction score
In real time I thought it was a bad pass, too short. Watching the video at .25 speed confirmed what I saw live. If Dak put the ball out in front where it was supposed to be we’re not having this discussion. It should’ve been easy 6.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
You have to make that catch, but Dak needs to just throw the damn ball he lobbed one to a wide open Schultz later in the game that cost them another big play.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
This is what's wrong with our Fan Base. You can't call it out for what it is. Man, you know that pass was bad. How could it not be? Now, that is not an excuse for the FB screwing this up. There is no excuse for that but just because the FB made an even worse play doesn't mean that we can't be honest about the actual throw. The pass was bad and because you call that out doesn't mean you hate anybody. It means your watching the game. That's just honesty. Gotta be honest about this stuff.
So you are saying that it was not a catch-able ball and that he had no way of pulling it in? There are not many perfect passes being thrown, you see WR's diving, jumping, falling and doing whatever they can to get the ball. None of those throws can be considered perfect.
Regardless if Dak kicked,wobbled or bumped it off of his head it could've and should've been caught, can you agree with that?
That's all I'm saying

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So you are saying that it was not a catch-able ball and that he had no way of pulling it in? There are not many perfect passes being thrown, you see WR's diving, jumping, falling and doing whatever they can to get the ball. None of those throws can be considered perfect.
Regardless if Dak kicked,wobbled or bumped it off of his head it could've and should've been caught, can you agree with that?
That's all I'm saying

Did you read my post? Seriously, I don't know how you can ask that question if you read my post.

foofighters

Reaction score
Anyone who is calling that a difficult catch has an agenda. The pass stunk, but that's a catch my 16 year old with Down syndrome could have made. He clutched his hands a half second before the ball got there. Inexcusable.
Meh, you Dak lovers are funny. It was a difficult catch but that there is no excuse for not catching it. However, those of us that deal in reality see a few other things.

1. Does he get in the endzone if he catches it? He's got to come back and by then, he could have been tackled right before the goal line.
2. Clutch QB's make things happen when it counts. Dak choked on that throw. We see it all the time when he's got to get the ball in the air, he's always long or short but rarely on. He's better at shorter passes when he can throw a dart but anything that needs air and he struggles more often than not.

My agenda is purely for this team to get better. If they get better with Dak, great. My feeling is this is the best we are getting from him so let's add some competition this Spring.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I uploaded the video yesterday for another thread. Here it is:

Obviously they were doing this to surprise the defense that would never consider him a target.

But you have to use somebody who catches the ball.

This guy has been a dud signing.

What else is new?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
There's several things to get on Dak about, but this pass ain't one of them. No. It wasn't a great throw, but it was one a receiver catches 99.9% of the time.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I went with #2 but that option should have also included not having Olawale even on the field. Insert any other play in that spot except him :cool: