News: Pollard can't be "the guy."

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
t makes sense to you and handful of others.. Apparently it doesn't make sense to people who get fired for making the wrong decision in cases like this.

Agree with this.

You do what the boss says and the boss paid Zeke a lot of money. The boss says Zeke gets the rock.

Mr_437

Reaction score
So tell us....when has Tony proven he's the number 1 running back season after season. Ever?

I'm going to cheer him on....but I'm not gonna make him something he's not. Yet.
I think he can play past 14 carries, for one. NFL is a 2 RB system now, so imo it's overblown. How many true bell cow RBs are there now? TP doesn't need to be a 20-25 carry RB in a passing league.

I guess, I'm not debating your point, as much as, I'm doubting the relevance in this NFL.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he can play past 14 carries, for one. NFL is a 2 RB system now, so imo it's overblown. How many true bell cow RBs are there now? TP doesn't need to be a 20-25 carry RB in a passing league.

I guess, I'm not debating your point, as much as, I'm doubting the relevance in this NFL.
I get your point. I honestly don't know the carry ratio.
I truly feel Zeke doesn't get the credit he has earned, and gets too much blame for not meeting "expectations". It's as simple as that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So tell us....when has Tony proven he's the number 1 running back season after season. Ever?

I'm going to cheer him on....but I'm not gonna make him something he's not. Yet.

You don’t want RBs season after season.

You want them a few years and then get rid of them.

If you don’t you end up paying a shell of a great RB like Zeke and letting your better runner sit on the bench in Pollard.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
“Cowboys RB Tony Pollard said he can definitely play more than the 31 snaps he did vs. Bears. He was joking when he told RB coach Skip Peete he was done after his 54-yard TD. “That was more of joking, not really like, ‘I don’t got anything left.’” Wanted the young RBs to get reps.”

Weird…Pollard wasn’t being literal when he joked about being gassed.
We heard him complaining on the sideline, then according to one post above, he didn't get another touch after the TD he said he was done.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeah this is fair.. he has earned more PT to be sure.. Like I said.. the coaching staff just needs to watch his load. He just doesn't appear to be as well suited for a full game load as Zeke is.. But keeping them both fresh and involved is good for the team. There will days when one is "feelin it" and the other isn't. It's up to the coaches to figure out which is which on a given day.

Of course, I agree.I’m perfectly
fine with the hot hand. Ex Philly game - Zeke was rolling so let him pound it. Maybe as we get closer to the playoffs there is bad weather and we need to pound the rock more - cool, let’s run it 40 times a fairly equal amount of carrie’s spelling in RB3. I think where we disagree, which is fine, is I think at this stage of Zekes career TP will have the hot hand more often.

I’ve said a million times no one is asking for TP to be a RB workhorse. Don’t think he can be that guy…but do believe he’s one of our best playmakers so he needs the ball more. Zeke can still be an important part of the O he’s just not going to be horse he was his first 3 years.

cnuball21

Reaction score
We heard him complaining on the sideline, then according to one post above, he didn't get another touch after the TD he said he was done.

He said he was tired then busted a 50 yard run…I think he was fine.

Also we were up a gillion points after that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He said he was tired then busted a 50 yard run…I think he was fine.

Also we were up a gillion points after that.
He said, after the TD, that his legs were tired and he felt like he was barely moving. (Paraphrasing, since I don't remember his exact words.) Granted, he had a lot of yards, and also played downs where he didn't get the ball. I'd prefer to limit his carries and preserve his health for a playoff run.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don’t want RBs season after season.

You want them a few years and then get rid of them.

If you don’t you end up paying a shell of a great RB like Zeke and letting your better runner sit on the bench in Pollard.
Like qbs. Or Des. Or any good player?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He said, after the TD, that his legs were tired and he felt like he was barely moving. (Paraphrasing, since I don't remember his exact words.) Granted, he had a lot of yards, and also played downs where he didn't get the ball. I'd prefer to limit his carries and preserve his health for a playoff run.
Exactly. People are lying now. That is a well known sequence.

Why are we lying to put one if our players against the other.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course, I agree.I’m perfectly
fine with the hot hand. Ex Philly game - Zeke was rolling so let him pound it. Maybe as we get closer to the playoffs there is bad weather and we need to pound the rock more - cool, let’s run it 40 times a fairly equal amount of carrie’s spelling in RB3. I think where we disagree, which is fine, is I think at this stage of Zekes career TP will have the hot hand more often.

I’ve said a million times no one is asking for TP to be a RB workhorse. Don’t think he can be that guy…but do believe he’s one of our best playmakers so he needs the ball more. Zeke can still be an important part of the O he’s just not going to be horse he was his first 3 years.
I'm...yes.....people are calling for Zeke to get canned and Tony take over. You know this....why lie?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't think "being the guy" has to do with volume, it has to do with production. I don't care if he gets 10 or 15 carries, if he's breaking off long runs and scoring, he is "the guy".

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't think "being the guy" has to do with volume, it has to do with production. I don't care if he gets 10 or 15 carries, if he's breaking off long runs and scoring, he is "the guy".

Someone give this guy a medal