Pollard: I feel like I'm faster

Rayman70

Reaction score
"I feel like I'm faster." Translates into..."PAY ME." What's he supposed to say really.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Britt Brown has done a good job on the rehab once again is what it sounds like. Dude is in his mid twenties. I have yet to hear of a high ankle sprain end a career.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you’ve been training for over 30 years pro athletes, come talk to me
I WAS talking to you. Educate me.

Hips MIGHT be the anchor/key...as a person who had hip replacement from extremely terrible arthritis (Ill show you the x-ray since you are an expert) I can attest to that!

But the other stuff plays a key role too. As a person with ACL repair and removed meniscus as well as bad ankles since childhood...I can attest!

It's my INEXPERT and anecdotal OPINION...real speed comes when all the parts are flawlessly synchronized...including brain and nerves. Like any physical activity. It's for special humans.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Hips MIGHT be the anchor/key...as a person who had hip replacement from extremely terrible arthritis (Ill show you the x-ray since you are an expert) I can attest to that!

But the other stuff plays a key role too. As a person with ACL repair and removed meniscus as well as bad ankles since childhood...I can attest!

It's my INEXPERT and anecdotal OPINION...real speed comes when all the parts are flawlessly synchronized...including brain and nerves. Like any physical activity. It's for special humans.
Bones don’t make you fast. They got a big laugh in the gym today. Ankles knees LMAO it’s all about the core. What’s so hard to understand.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I agree, so why are you arguing. The point is because you break a leg does it mean you’re slower? Absolutely not

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bones don’t make you fast. They got a big laugh in the gym today. Ankles knees LMAO it’s all about the core. What’s so hard to understand.
I never said it was just the bones that make you fast.

So if you have a broken ankle...you are faster? It's only the core that matters?

You and your dumb gym are stupid.

But of course it's all connected. It all needs to be healthy and superior. Speed comes from every single part of the system.

If a race car has a huge motor (the core)...but the transmission can't handle it....you BREAK IT! NO SPEED!
If the tires are cheap they burn right off and you wreck.

If the suspension isn't superb...you can't steer...and you WRECK. ZERO SPEED!

The human body is also a machine and it relies on every component.

Your and your stupid gym can fly right off man. DUMB!

"oh but my CORE bro...my CORE! "

Please dude....stop it...embarrassing nor sheesh!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, so why are you arguing. The point is because you break a leg does it mean you’re slower? Absolutely not
So here you agree that it's all the components? When you just objected earlier? You said it was ONLY the core.

I'm not sure what you are saying and I don't think you know what you are saying either. I only just now noticed you replied to my same reply..... twice with two different answers.

You don't know what you are saying.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So here you agree that it's all the components? When you just objected earlier? You said it was ONLY the core.

I'm not sure what you are saying and I don't think you know what you are saying either. I only just now noticed you replied to my same reply..... twice with two different answers.

You don't know what you are saying.

I never said it was only the core, that’s what you assumed I said. I said it starts with the core. I know exactly what I’m saying you just like to argue all the time. But that’s one of the things I like about you. I replied to your first answer, thinking did he really just say that. It’s the ankles. The knee caps LMAO think about it. How funny that was your bones. Make you faster. And I don’t know what I’m talking about. Lol.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I never said it was just the bones that make you fast.

So if you have a broken ankle...you are faster? It's only the core that matters?

You and your dumb gym are stupid.

But of course it's all connected. It all needs to be healthy and superior. Speed comes from every single part of the system.

If a race car has a huge motor (the core)...but the transmission can't handle it....you BREAK IT! NO SPEED!
If the tires are cheap they burn right off and you wreck.

If the suspension isn't superb...you can't steer...and you WRECK. ZERO SPEED!

The human body is also a machine and it relies on every component.

Your and your stupid gym can fly right off man. DUMB!

"oh but my CORE bro...my CORE! "

Please dude....stop it...embarrassing nor sheesh!
Wow, someone’s having a hissy fit. Lol it’s someone pissing your Cheerios this morning. Yes it’s the bones. The ankles and the knee caps. I still can’t believe you said that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, someone’s having a hissy fit. Lol it’s someone pissing your Cheerios this morning. Yes it’s the bones. The ankles and the knee caps. I still can’t believe you said that.
Said what? That all the speed is in the knee caps?

Never said that. Stop making stuff up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your core. Hips.
Well except you DID say "from core". Nit my fault you werent clear .
I never said it was only the core, that’s what you assumed I said. I said it starts with the core. I know exactly what I’m saying you just like to argue all the time. But that’s one of the things I like about you. I replied to your first answer, thinking did he really just say that. It’s the ankles. The knee caps LMAO think about it. How funny that was your bones. Make you faster. And I don’t know what I’m talking about. Lol.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Britt Brown has done a good job on the rehab once again is what it sounds like. Dude is in his mid twenties. I have yet to hear of a high ankle sprain end a career.
That was a pretty severe sprain. But yeah....he'll be back just fine.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Yup.

He ran a 4.52 at the combine workout.

That speed is likely north of 4.6 now.

Its a fine line.

He was very fast in those C gap runs.

If Jerry doesnt give him a new deal before the July deadline....likely UFA after the season.
For about the 10th time now, Pollard had food poisoning when he ran at the combine. But at least he ran.

When Pollard ran at his pro day, he ran a 4.37

And just because a guy is fast, doesnt mean they trained to be fast. These guys are natural athletes. And have focused on training to play football.

If, lets say, Pollard took a year off and worked with an olympic sprint coach. Trained specifically to get faster. He would get faster. Even at the ripe old age of 25.

But he didnt do that, at least not directly. What he has been doing is building back the strength and flexibility in his legs. Specialized workouts just for that. Probably doing things he never did before. Similar to workouts specialized for sprinters.

So yes, he actually may be a little faster. At the very least, its not this preposterous idea that many of you are claiming.