Game Day ***Pre-season Cowboys vs Bengals post game thread***

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Starting offense looked pretty good. Starting defense was phenomenal. Loads of depth at DE, LBs look good. Might have a decent 1T in Antwaun Woods. Byron and Chido looked real good. Safety is a real concern, as is slot Corner. What happend to Lewis? Brown isn't very good. OL depth is bad. I do like Gallup and Hurns. Getting Beasley back should help. Even T-Will made a play. More good than bad. As always, we can't afford an injury to Dak, backups are bad.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I blame this loss on the lack of a home field advantage. No excitement and the road team was comfortable again.

Sydla

Reaction score
Our two deep threats arent playing. Thompson and Austin.

Thompson is a JAG and likely not a guy that suddenly opens it up for other players.

Austin has, in 5 seasons, never been that kind of player either. We are left hoping we somehow can rub that genie and make it work.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I can't grade the backup qb's with the blocking they had in front of them. But I'm not sold on White.
I hear you.
No protection at all.
I just have draft day flashbacks for both White and Shutlz
Tim Settle and Deshon Elliott would sure look good in a Cowboys uni.
And so many of us wanted them
Oh well

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Starting offense looked pretty good. Starting defense was phenomenal. Loads of depth at DE, LBs look good. Might have a decent 1T in Antwaun Woods. Byron and Chido looked real good. Safety is a real concern, as is slot Corner. What happend to Lewis? Brown isn't very good. OL depth is bad. I do like Gallup and Hurns. Getting Beasley back should help. Even T-Will made a play. More good than bad. As always, we can't afford an injury to Dak, backups are bad.
These are all peripheral.

The core of your team, the meat, the middle has to be sound.

We have real problems there.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Safety is a concern because of depth but i like Woods and Heath. Woods showed me he can play that deep safety because of his range. He should've intercepted that ball. If one of those guys go down we are in trouble.

CWR

Reaction score
Woods' hamstring.

We were already thin at S and weren't exactly dripping with talent there anyway. If his hamstring is a big issue, we are down to Frazier, who isn't very good in coverage and Heath. That is not good at all.

I think we know what needs to be done ;)

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Preseason disclaimer obviously, but honestly it looks like a rerun from the end of last year. Same anemic passing game, workman running game, “good enough” defense (against Bungles/49ers anyway). They can beat some teams playing like this, but they will continue to get rolled if the other team jumps out in front early.

sideon

Reaction score
The defense might be legit top 5 by the end of the year, but this offense will not survive if Zeke doesn't play all 16 games. The play to Rod Smith and the Williams TD made people forget that Dak was bad tonight. The OL has real issues and even thought he was on the sidelines we don't know how bad Zack's injury is.