Predict Dallas W-L record 1st 4 games

haleyrules

Reaction score
I hate this opening game at home against the Giants. Too much pressure on the young QB and NY will be loose and bring the heat. Prescott needs time and he isnt getting it. It will be a rough start to the season. The defense is missing too many decent players and the Giants have plenty of offensive weapons. I dont like this one.

haleyrules

Reaction score
1-3

Dak struggles adjusting as any rookie would. This allows defenses to shut down the running game and the anemic offense can't sustain drives which puts the defense on the field for the majority of games and the opposing teams are able to put the games out of reach.

There are a multitude of overreaction threads calling Dak a fraud, a failure, and a bust. Much rueing takes place over crowning Dak too early and there's a lot of sentiment of "How did this happen? I thought Dak was the real deal!??"
Agreed. Expectation about Prescott are way too high. Its certainly unfair to him. When the club starts playing for real its not going to be so easy. Maybe, Elliott and Morris can take some heat off of Dak. These division games are a tough crap shoot to begin with.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3-1 or 2-2, some team(s) will throw a lot of different looks and blitzes at the 2 rookies, in Dak and Zeke, it will take a little bit of adjustment time. more than we think, as they are rookies. But they will learn quick.
However, a strong running game, and the OL will counteract that, and get them in the game flow a bit. Dak burns them with passes to the WR's and TE's a few times, that will change the defenses some. Therefore allowing those wins.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2-2 is what I would hope and anything else is gravy. Still thinking 8-8.

Your thinker is still in preseason mode.....you need that 4th game to get it to think 10-6......:laugh:...even though it's not the 1st team guys.....

Verdict

Reaction score
With Romo at the helm I would honestly have expected to go 4 and 0 to start the season. The Giants really aren't very good. Washington is probably the best of that bunch on paper, and they have a guy at QB who they didn't have enough confidence in him to extend him. The other two are cellar dwellers.

I think anything less than 2 and 2 would be a major disappointment. If the Cowboys coaches game plan well we could go 3 and 1 or 4 and 0 if Dak stays healthy, because there isn't a lot of tape out on Dak and we will have a little bit of an advantage in that respect.

If the Cowboys let Dak play to win we could lose a game that we should probably win, but if we go back to the conservative bull**** we used last year with Weeden then we might tank early. That's the biggest concern I have

DBOY3141

Reaction score
until proven otherwise that this team can win without Romo....0-4. sorry, no faith in Garrett or Linehan to put a rookie QB in position to win a regular season game after what I saw last year when they had veteran QB's.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
1-3.

I think the only win in the first 6 if he plays all 6 is at SF.

I think Romo might even start the SF game because if he is feeling 80% and the team is 0-3 I see no way he doesn't play.

I hope I am dead wrong and they go 3-1. I just don't see a rookie matching score for score vs Washington and NY.

dfense

Reaction score
I worry much more about NY than the Commanders. Heck the only game the Cowboys won last year was in Washington.

3-1

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
We win at Washington if for no other reason than it will be my first Cowboys game ever! I say 3-1 with a loss to NY or Chi

Falco78

Reaction score
I want to believe in 4-0 but I think we will find a way for our coaching staff to lose a close one making us 3-1

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Well, over the past 20 seasons this team has won exactly half of the regular season games that they've played, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict we start 2-2

DFWJC

Reaction score
With the two tougher games being in weeks 5 and 6, and the schedule fairly manageable the first 4 weeks, they really need to get 3 of those games.
I'm on the fence between 2 and 3 wins through 4 weeks...then 2-4 or 3-3 after 6 games.
I'll say
2-2

(3-1 is very doable...please)

Silverstar

Reaction score
They say offense will get you in the playoffs, but defense wins championships. I think our defense will get better as the year goes, but these early games might be close. I still say 4-0, because our run game will be tough to stop and that helps the defense stay fresh. I'm just optimistic about our chances and a lot of that is coming from Dak and Zeke for sure.

Sydla

Reaction score
I liked waving monkey above at 2-2 but 3-1 is a real possibility. Chicago and San Fran stink and if we lose to either of those teams, even with Dak, that's an indictment of Garrett and this staff.

3-1 means we lost to the Skins on the road, which is very, very probable.

2-2 means we probably lost the first two out of the shoot.

Gooch

E-Dog
Reaction score
NY@DAL-------W
DAL@WASH--L
CHI@DAL------W
DAL@SF-------W

3-1. Gonna be optimistic for the first month.