Prescott doesn’t care about Cowboys critics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Here is the #1 bonafied kind of choking...

image000000-6.jpg

Now go bust the top off of a beer and cry your tears into it. Idc anymore about you haters.
Really? Romo has over 30 4th quarter comebacks for wins... Dak has like almost none/under 5. Talk about hating a player and making stuff up.

Adreme

Reaction score
Really? Romo has over 30 4th quarter comebacks for wins... Dak has like almost none/under 5. Talk about hating a player and making stuff up.
Quick google search says Dak has 12 4th quarter comebacks and 19 game winning drives which is less than Romo's 24 4th quarter comebacks and 29 game winning drives. Not that either of those statistics matter, as wins are not a QB stat and if they were why would it be better to be losing in the 4th quarter and considering Dak averages more wins that seems to imply Dak avoids falling behind which is just as good, but was was merely pointing out that every number you gave was wrong.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Really? Let's see who is making stuff up. You said Romo has 30 4th quarter comebacks? Hmm? Let's see...

Screenshot-20231027-050740-Chrome.jpg

Oooh, look! Romo actually has 24 career comebacks, NOT 30 AS YOU SAID.

You also said Dak has "like almost none/under 5" career comebacks. Hmm, let's see...

Screenshot-20231027-050823-Chrome.jpg

Oooh, look! Dak actually has 12 career comebacks, NOT ALMOST NONE/UNDER 5 like you said.

So who is the one making stuff up? You or me?

There is no need to make stuff up or falsely accuse someone of doing so when all the evidence shows differently. If you don't like the player, no problem. That's your right. But let's stop with making stuff up to belittle Dak or falsely accuse someone of making stuff up when that is definitely not the case.

As for Romo being labeled the king of choking, well, once again, all you have to do is do some research before posting. There are many articles from during his playing years where so many sports writers called him the biggest choker in NFL history...or the king of choking, etc.

Don't believe me? Here you go...just so no one can accuse me of making stuff up...

December 29, 2008
https://syndication.bleacherreport....mo-the-biggest-choker-in-nfl-history.amp.html

October 8, 2013
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-week-in-overreactions-tony-romo-is-a-choker/

There are more, but there is no need to include them. You get the point.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Really? Let's see who is making stuff up. You said Romo has 30 4th quarter comebacks? Hmm? Let's see...

Screenshot-20231027-050740-Chrome.jpg

Oooh, look! Romo actually has 24 career comebacks, NOT 30 AS YOU SAID.

You also said Dak has "like almost none/under 5" career comebacks. Hmm, let's see...

Screenshot-20231027-050823-Chrome.jpg

Oooh, look! Dak actually has 12 career comebacks, NOT ALMOST NONE/UNDER 5 like you said.

So who is the one making stuff up? You or me?

There is no need to make stuff up or falsely accuse someone of doing so when all the evidence shows differently. If you don't like the player, no problem. That's your right. But let's stop with making stuff up to belittle Dak or falsely accuse someone of making stuff up when that is definitely not the case.

As for Romo being labeled the king of choking, well, once again, all you have to do is do some research before posting. There are many articles from during his playing years where so many sports writers called him the biggest choker in NFL history...or the king of choking, etc.

Don't believe me? Here you go...just so no one can accuse me of making stuff up...

December 29, 2008
https://syndication.bleacherreport....mo-the-biggest-choker-in-nfl-history.amp.html

October 8, 2013
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-week-in-overreactions-tony-romo-is-a-choker/

There are more, but there is no need to include them. You get the point.
OK that's fine but that's HALF of Romo's comebacks. So if Romo is a choker what is Dak Prescott in comparison?
You run around the forum like a lunatic kicking and screaming at everyone who questions Prescott's play yet you're posting that Romo is a choker?

Go ahead and post some NY media opinion stuff haha.
He has double the combebacks and almost 50% more GWD's than Prescott :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Brax

Reaction score
Hoping your team win it all is just being a fan.

Hating your team if they don’t is what is pathetic.
Don’t hate the team but being happy for a one and done and rejoicing over hollow wins and participation trophies is sad. Some hold the team to a higher standard but what ever you’re happy with is ok.

starfan1

Reaction score
OK that's fine but that's HALF of Romo's comebacks. So if Romo is a choker what is Dak Prescott in comparison?
You run around the forum like a lunatic kicking and screaming at everyone who questions Prescott's play yet you're posting that Romo is a choker?

He has double the combebacks and almost 50% more GWD's than Prescott :laugh::laugh::laugh:
They are both sides of same coin. Elevating one to disparage the other is just stupid

Each of them has had their chances and failed as has the rest of the team

I blame skelator more than anyone but at this point Dak is our best option

Of course I’m not one who has to have a Lombardi . I want another but I’ll enjoy the ride

Dak has never been the sole reason for not getting another one. He’s been part of it just like Romo

Brooksey

Reaction score
They are both sides of same coin. Elevating one to disparage the other is just stupid

Each of them has had their chances and failed as has the rest of the team

I blame skelator more than anyone but at this point Dak is our best option

Of course I’m not one who has to have a Lombardi . I want another but I’ll enjoy the ride

Dak has never been the sole reason for not getting another one. He’s been part of it just like Romo
I don't disagree with you. I disagree with a Dak looney attacking everyone on the forum for questioning questionable play by Prescott.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I think he brings this up because he does care what's said in the media and online ... and that's a problem. The game is played on the field, not in social media. As long as the team performs well, it doesn't matter what anyone says. It's all talk. A player should focus in on the team's next game plan, and on whatever he can do to improve and give his team the best chance possible to win. Reading up on what critics say won't help with that. I remember back when Staubach was quarterback and had a bad day, some fans would scream that Landry screwed up and that he should have kept Morton as the starter. I would hope that Staubach wasn't up at night crying about that. I'm sure he wasn't. He had better things to worry about, and he was eventually proven the right athlete for the job. Then when Quincy Carter was quarterback, at lot of fans screamed that he wasn't the right man for the job, the difference being that these fans were eventually proven right. Even in that case, it wasn't the talk that mattered. It was Carter's play on the field that did.
If Dak is worrying about about the ten zillion different opinions out there, he's doing himself a disservice. That distracts from his focus on the game plan, the playbook, the meetings, the practices, etc. If he has any chance of proving the critics wrong, it will be by staying focused on all the things that can actually affect the play on the field. From what I've seen, it doesn't look like Dak is the guy to me. But I'm just another fan. If he plays lights out and actually does win the NFC Championship, and maybe even the Super Bowl, that will prove me wrong. I'm fine with that! If Dak has ever logged on here and has gotten his feelings hurt by one of my posts complaining about his picks, I would worry about him. In the end, the play on the field is the only thing that matters.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Well, what do you expect? If Dak had the Olines, WRs, RBs and TEs that Romo had, I'm pretty sure the comebacks and 4th Quarter drives would be a lot closer to each other right now. Heck, Romo had a franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers around him, along with an NFL Top 3 HOF WR in Terrell Owens early on and future HOF'er TE in Jason Witten throughout his career. If Dak had that, I'm sure his career comebacks and 4th Quarter drives would be much closer to Romo's. Even then, Dak has thrown for almost half the amount of INTs and is on pace to ultimately pass Romo in career passing yards along with breaking most of Romo's franchise records. So go ahead and dwell on those facts. :cool:
:muttley: :muttley::muttley:

Imagine how much worse it will be for your hateful feelings if Dak is able to lead the Cowboys to an NFC Championship Game or even a Super Bowl? Your heart is going to break into a million pieces!

:lmao: :laugh::lmao:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don’t hate the team but being happy for a one and done and rejoicing over hollow wins and participation trophies is sad. Some hold the team to a higher standard but what ever you’re happy with is ok.
There was a time when I’d of agreed with you. But unfortunately the bar has been lowered this era by Jethro. The Cowboys are no longer the championship caliber pedigree many of us grew up with from the glory eras.

Many fans from this generation have never witnessed a championship team in Dallas. And are raising kids now which haven’t seen one .

As time goes on this segment is going to grow and at some point our glory eras are going to look like those in Cleveland and Detroit for example look back to pre Super Bowl era.

This is how far this ownership has lowered the bar . And he doesn’t appear willing enough to make the changes at the top most feel are as necessary to get back to that level of winning ways.

So we are reduced to this new mentality . For me I’m just pleased with 17 meaningful games . Any playoff games is sheer bonus . Sad but true . And as long as our popularity and record revenue continue don’t expect any changes at the top. It is what it is and we are what we have become . This is no longer a championship or elite caliber franchise .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't disagree with you. I disagree with a Dak looney attacking everyone on the forum for questioning questionable play by Prescott.
Looney is the one being proven wrong with stats and videos, yet still in denial because his achey-breaky player hate-filled heart can't handle the truth.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Wow, now that is really some impressive stuff, going out of one's way to support categorization of a loser. Dallas still entering what will be a very tough season and still have a good shot at 12 wins for the 3rd year. With a 10 game win streak at home....having to as labeled, 'carry' Dak Prescott. C'mon live supporting some reasonable truth.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cerebral thread, once again.
Cerebral...alright declare whether or not the Cowboys defeat the Rams and why...let's go. That is what really is here or not and not instead a production by Walt Disney from the past. Or just walk on past the current truths like many on thread now. Did you know my Dad and I watched the Cowboys from their very start.

I'm STILL a fan...you probably just want to insult on that basis...well, let's go there, but ALSO. That, or just blow the suds off one's beer and cry in it...I don't live your lie out.

I'll start:

Dallas 31
Rams 20

They will continue growing strongly for the rest of the season. With or without a win against Philadelphia the very next week.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can’t wait for the day for me to eat crow …. i have been waiting for him to make me eat my words since 2017
It’s really doubtful any Cowboys team this era under Jethro’s Mgmt style ever sees the light of a Super Bowl again regardless who our QB is.

If not for QB’s like Romo and Dak it would have been much worse like with Quincy and others this era .

Status
Not open for further replies.