Prime Romo would win the Super Bowl with the current Cowboys

links18

Reaction score
The question ins't what Romo would do with this team, but what would Cooper Rush do, because that is pretty much your only alternative to Dak right now and Jerry and company want it that way.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yea. It’s perfect. Dak slobberers. Lol

I was surprised it was allowed but the author of it is a well renowned member and critic here. I don’t align with all of his criticism but love that.
I think Romosexual is a better nickname IMO.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't know if he would win the Superbowl but we would be a 2 loss team at worst and possibly undefeated.

So he would have his best record ever, despite having absolute trash at receiver and tight end? And despite the fact that he has had comparable defenses before and didn’t go 14-2 or undefeated?

Doubtful.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So he would have his best record ever, despite having absolute trash at receiver and tight end? And despite the fact that he has had comparable defenses before and didn’t go 14-2 or undefeated?

Doubtful.

Yes because with this team we have a defense and a run game we can fall back on.

When we had Romo the defense was almost always unreliable and the run game was not good except for Barber in spurts in 2007 and 2014 with Demarco.

Romo would also make the Oline better just like he did when we switched to him over Bledsoe.

Dallas with Prime Tony Romo is a No loss to 2 loss team at worst right now.

Ken

Reaction score
Romo never had a Defense that was this good. He also never got to play with Zeke. Romo’s Quick release, sliding within the pocket, and Houdini escapability would make the o-line better. His accuracy would make Cooper, Beasley, and Gallup better. Too bad Dak makes receivers and the o-line worse.
lol

Other than when he had the #9 defense in the league and a team with 13 pro bowlers in 2007?

Dak gave Bease his best season in 16 and is working on topping that this year. He is also building rapport with Gallup.

I love Tony...but this constant bagging on Dak is a joke. Romo would be in tracktion after week 1 with that beating Dak took.

Come on man...

Last edited:

sean10mm

Reaction score
You can "what if" Romo's career forever, but the fact is that Cowboys fans mostly hate him too much for the "crime" of making the most of a trash organization run by a senile old drunk yahoo owner and a ginger moron head coach.

Where in professional sports does that combination at the top win a damn thing? What about the 2006-2016 Cowboys in any way seems like the Patriots, or even the Ravens or Steelers?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes because with this team we have a defense and a run game we can fall back on.

When we had Romo the defense was almost always unreliable and the run game was not good except for Barber in spurts in 2007 and 2014 with Demarco.

Romo would also make the Oline better just like he did when we switched to him over Bledsoe.

Dallas with Prime Tony Romo is a No loss to 2 loss team at worst right now.
Right. And why the team usually totally collapsed without Romo.

This team is much more competitive and can win without a good QB. Imagine what it could do with a good QB.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

The run game not being good is bogus. We just wouldn't commit to using it, even when it was working. We were typically top half in the league in average yards per carry but bottom half of league in rushing attempts. We even did well converting 3rd and short running the ball contrary to popular opinion.

Here is an article in 2013 wondering why the team won't run.

https://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2013/12/17/the-all-22-cowboys-run-game-demarco-murray-packers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000299618/article/packers-happy-cowboys-abandoned-running-game

"That's just who they are," cornerback Tramon Williams said. "They run the ball really well against everybody they play, but they just never stick with it."

"Oh, my God. It's the best zone scheme in the league," Pickett continued. "The last four weeks, nobody could stop it -- their zone scheme. And they gave up on it. We're just happy they did. We were, like, 'OK, we'll take it.'"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Right. And why the team usually totally collapsed without Romo.

This team is much more competitive and can win without a good QB. Imagine what it could do with a good QB.

Yep.

This team has a rock solid foundation.

The passing game just stinks so bad that it's keeping us in mediocre ville.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What do you mean. Fans are cheering for Dak because he is our QB this season and fans want to win. You are cheering for him to fail so you can shove your ***** with romo's face on it further up your ***.
That’s your interpretation not reality.

I’m cheering on Jerry to succeed too but I think he’s a big part of why we’re not having more success. Get it?

Ken

Reaction score
Romo never had a Defense that was this good. He also never got to play with Zeke. Romo’s Quick release, sliding within the pocket, and Houdini escapability would make the o-line better. His accuracy would make Cooper, Beasley, and Gallup better. Too bad Dak makes receivers and the o-line worse.
Also...

I wonder what would happen if we let Dak get to his prime??????.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That’s your interpretation not reality.

I’m cheering on Jerry to succeed too but I think he’s a big part of why we’re not having more success. Get it?
Go take a poll there is no fan here that thinks Dak is a top 5 QB that should be paid 100 million. You think Romo was a god and would turn **** into gold.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The run game not being good is bogus. We just wouldn't commit to using it, even when it was working. We were typically top half in the league in average yards per carry but bottom half of league in rushing attempts. We even did well converting 3rd and short running the ball contrary to popular opinion.

Here is an article in 2013 wondering why the team won't run.

https://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2013/12/17/the-all-22-cowboys-run-game-demarco-murray-packers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000299618/article/packers-happy-cowboys-abandoned-running-game

"That's just who they are," cornerback Tramon Williams said. "They run the ball really well against everybody they play, but they just never stick with it."

"Oh, my God. It's the best zone scheme in the league," Pickett continued. "The last four weeks, nobody could stop it -- their zone scheme. And they gave up on it. We're just happy they did. We were, like, 'OK, we'll take it.'"
But romo is the best at calling an audible out of run plays lol.