Pro Wrestling Updates

RaZon

Reaction score
Never seen anything like that Jericho vs need dental work match before on regular TV, that was incredible. Yes seen where Cage came from before.

Guessing that legit cut on the arm was agreed on, part of the show,

Really having a hard time dealing with the WWE anymore.

What do we do with Chris Jericho? Top 50 all time and I am talking Lou Thesz, Bruno, Original Nature Boy, up to the right now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never seen anything like that Jericho vs need dental work match before on regular TV, that was incredible.
Brutal match. I'm a little surprised it went that far. I guarantee one thing, Jericho felt pretty sore when he woke up this morning.

RaZon

Reaction score
Brutal match. I'm a little surprised it went that far. I guarantee one thing, Jericho felt pretty sore when he woke up this morning.

I hear ya, don't expect to see that on reg tv, I was actually shocked.

Do think the cut was part of the show.

Guessing a one shot deal for Cage,

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nick Khan says WWE is competing against sleep after Vince McMahon dismisses AEW
By Cain A. Knight Jul 29, 2021, 9:16pm EDT

WWE held a call with investors today to discuss their financial results in the second quarter of 2021.

Here is what Vince McMahon had to say when he was asked about AEW’s current position in the pro wrestling landscape compared to WCW in the late 1990’s:

“Well it’s certainly not a situation where...that was when Ted Turner was coming after us with all of Time Warner’s assets as well. That was a different situation. AEW is where they are. I don’t really know what their plans are. All I know is what our plans are. I don’t consider them competition in the way that I would consider WCW back in the day...”

On the one hand, McMahon is absolutely correct that AEW doesn’t pose much of a threat to WWE in nearly the same way that WCW did in the mid to late 1990’s. On the other hand, McMahon should remember that WCW surged to the top of the industry in short order after adding Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall to the roster, as well as the creation of WCW Monday Nitro. AEW doesn’t threaten WWE in that same way now, but it’s at least possible that major moves like the rumored signings of CM Punk and Daniel Bryan could significantly alter AEW’s growth and trajectory in the market.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...on-wcw-sleep-nick-khan-vince-mcmahon-eyeballs

RaZon

Reaction score
Been into the rasslin' since the late 50's, seen it all, I am getting a far more entertaining program from the AEW than the WWE. Took awhile for that happen but that is how it is right now.

WWE, yep, boring!

RaZon

Reaction score
Love the rasslin'. so....

My top 10 All Time

Before Hulk Hogan

1.Lou Thesz
2.Bruno Sammartino
3."Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers
4.Verne Gagne
5.Killer Kowalski
6.Harley Race
7.Fred Blassie
8.Superstar Billy Graham
9.The Sheik
10.Dick the Brusier

After Hulk Hogan

1.Hulk Hogan
2."Nature Boy" Ric Fair
3.Andre the Giant
4.Dusty Rhodes
5.Randy "Macho Man" Savage
6."Stonecold" Steve Austin
7.John Cena

Well?

rags

Reaction score
Saw something on Twitter that said Becky Lynch was going to appear tomorrow night on Smackdown to challenge Bianca for the women's title belt at SummerSlam.

Stay tuned.

rags

Reaction score
Twitter is reporting that Sasha Banks is in Minneapolis tonight, site of tonight's Smackdown.

rags

Reaction score
I just saw on Twitter that the WWE has decided to release The Fiend, Bray Wyatt.

I bet after 90 days he signs with AEW.

Who agrees?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just saw on Twitter that the WWE has decided to release The Fiend, Bray Wyatt.

I bet after 90 days he signs with AEW.

Who agrees?
Me.

Something happened. He just disappeared in a NY minute. Hopefully we'll find out.

Now they can change Alexa Bliss' stupid gimmick and give her something better including another run at the title.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Former three-time world champion Bray Wyatt released by WWE after 12 years with promotion
Wyatt had last wrestled at WrestleMania, losing to Randy Orton
By Brent Brookhouse

bray.jpg

WWE announced the shocking release of Bray Wyatt on Saturday afternoon, ending a long tenure of the wrestler, who'd seen success as the leader of the Wyatt Family as well as under his more recent persona as "The Fiend."

Wyatt is a three-time world champion in WWE, having held the universal title twice and the WWE championship once. He debuted in NXT in 2010 -- during the period the show was more reality competition than wrestling brand -- as Husky Harris and briefly had a place in the Nexus faction before returning to WWE developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling for character retooling.

With Wyatt's release, no member of the original Wyatt Family remains under WWE contract.

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/...eleased-by-wwe-after-12-years-with-promotion/

rags

Reaction score
I saw something that said he has had a hard time getting over the death of AEW wrestler Brodie Lee (Jon Huber).

rags

Reaction score
I'd let Trips do his magic first. That should have already happened. The rasslin business has passed Vince by. Obvious as anything.

While I agree with you, I think if that was going to happen, it would have happened before now.