Pro Wrestling Updates

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From Fightful.com and Wrestling Inc:

Ric Flair has been released by the WWE.
HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check out the bolded part.

Exclusive: Ric Flair No Longer With WWE
By Raj Giri |August 2, 2021

ric-flair-charlotte.png

Wrestling Inc. and Fightful have confirmed that Ric Flair is no longer with WWE.

According to sources close to the situation, Flair requested the release and it was granted, effective today.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/08/exclusive-ric-flair-no-longer-with-wwe/

===================================

Ric Flair Reportedly Contacted Vince McMahon To Express Frustration & Ask For WWE Release
By Marc Middleton |August 2, 2021

ric-flair-vince-mcmahon-1.jpg

Ric Flair reportedly contacted WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon to ask for his release.

As noted earlier, Wrestling Inc and Fightful reported that the WWE Hall of Famer is no longer with the company after requesting his release, and being granted the departure, effective today.

In an update, Fightful Select adds that Flair reportedly grew frustrated with certain booking decisions on WWE TV, and contacted McMahon directly to voice his issues. Flair also asked Vince for his release.

Flair was involved in a relationship storyline with Lacey Evans on RAW earlier this year, but that was nixed when Evans revealed her legitimate pregnancy. Flair has been away since then, but word is that the booking issues he didn’t like were fairly recent.

Read much more: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...n-to-express-frustration-ask-for-wwe-release/

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Backstage Update On When Becky Lynch Is Returning To WWE
By Marc Middleton |August 2, 2021

becky-lynch.jpg

Becky Lynch will reportedly return to WWE after the SummerSlam pay-per-view.

There’s been a lot of speculation on Lynch returning to WWE this summer to go with the recent return to touring. However, PWInsider now reports that Lynch apparently will not be factored into SummerSlam plans as word going around at last week’s WWE TV tapings was that Lynch won’t be returning until the fall, with October being openly discussed.

This new report goes with a report made last week by Ringside News, that noted how Lynch is not expected to return before the WWE Draft, which is reportedly scheduled for October. It was noted last week that a source stated, “anything you hear about Becky being back before the Draft is fake news.”

Read much more: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/08/backstage-update-on-when-becky-lynch-is-returning-to-wwe/

RaZon

Reaction score
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair has a bust on that Mount Wrestlemore. All time legend.

But.......it really is time to try something else.

His prime was the mid 80's.

rags

Reaction score
What does it say about WWE's product now? Flair could take the money and run. Instead, he wants out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does it say about WWE's product now? Flair could take the money and run. Instead, he wants out.

It says what we all see. WWE is a **** show right now. They’re wasting money on has-been like Oldberg while losing or cutting actual talent. They’re effectively helping AEW and the rest of their competition by gifting them top talent and big names.

They’re definitely driving this fan away from watching wrestling at all.

rags

Reaction score
Programming note for tonight:

Since the USA Network is covering the Olympics tonight, NXT will be on the SyFy Channel tonight at 7:00 Central.

rags

Reaction score
WWE face losing top star Adam Cole with contract running out after SummerSlam as AEW and rivals circle to snap him up

Chisanga Malata
3:23 ET, Aug 2 2021

NINTCHDBPICT000598915230-1.png

WWE are on the brink of losing the services of fan-favourite Adam Cole, it's been claimed.

Last week, reports emerged that the 32-year-old's contract with wrestling's premier promotion is set to expire in 2024.

But according to Wrestling Inc, Cole's deal is set to come to an end after SummerSlam later this month.

They claim the former NXT champion's contract with WWE expired after the Great American Bash last month but was extended after the event.

An excerpt of their report read: "Adam Cole is going to become a free agent this month.

"Cole had been rumoured to have his contract expire in 2024, but Wrestling Inc. has learned that it is expiring this month after SummerSlam.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/3394970/adam-cole-wwe-contract-expire-summerslam/

tenor.gif

ADAM COLE BAY BAY!!!

I've seen reports that the WWE has offered Cole several deals, but he has turned them down.

Gee, I wonder why.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guarantee you AEW is in his ear already.

I don't think Cole has a future in WWE. He can stay in NXT and do well there, or he can try his luck at being a star in AEW. My bet would be on the latter.

WWE continues to set AEW up with talent.

But it will be interesting to see if AEW can reach profitability, especially as they continue to sign wrestlers to big money deals. Shad Khan may ultimately decide that he's pumped enough money into it and pull the plug. Dixie Carter's parents eventually did the same thing with TNA.

rags

Reaction score
Classy exit from the Nature Boy!

Wooo!

Agreed.

Concerning Cole, he's done just about everything he can do in NXT. I'd be shocked if he doesn't join his GF in AEW.

I've seen rumors that he and O'Reilly are going to have a Loser Leaves NXT match in the next NXT PPV. That would give give Cole a proper goodbye.

RaZon

Reaction score
Saw the Godfather a few days ago, as we know former pro rassler Lenny Montana played the big guy, that got me thinking about pro rasslers in the movies.

Current...

Dean Ambrose
Randy Orton
The Miz
Edge
John Morrison
John Cena
Goldberg

Retired

Andre the Giant
Kevin Nash
Rob Van Dam
Bautista
Hulk Hogan
The Rock
Terry Funk
Prof Taru Tanaka
Harold Sasaki...Odd Job
Hard Boiled Haggarty
The Undertaker
Big John Studd
Mike Mazurki......most movies by a former rassler
Earl "Mr. Universe" Maynard
Samson Burke
The Great Kali
Pepper Martin
Ox Baker
George "Animal" Steele
Mil Mascaras

So who did I miss?

timb2

Reaction score
Saw the Godfather a few days ago, as we know former pro rassler Lenny Montana played the big guy, that got me thinking about pro rasslers in the movies.

Current...

Dean Ambrose
Randy Orton
The Miz
Edge
John Morrison
John Cena
Goldberg

Retired

Andre the Giant
Kevin Nash
Rob Van Dam
Bautista
Hulk Hogan
The Rock
Terry Funk
Prof Taru Tanaka
Harold Sasaki...Odd Job
Hard Boiled Haggarty
The Undertaker
Big John Studd
Mike Mazurki......most movies by a former rassler
Earl "Mr. Universe" Maynard
Samson Burke
The Great Kali
Pepper Martin
Ox Baker
George "Animal" Steele
Mil Mascaras

So who did I miss?
Ernest Miller( The Wrestler)
Macho Man( Spiderman)
Roddy Piper( They Live)
Jesse Ventura( Predator & The Running Man)

Last edited: