Pro Wrestling Updates

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Always seem like they break up factions before it really is necessary (if it ever is).

Agreed. And tag teams as well. It’s like Vince McMahon hates tag team wrestling and shows no respect for them. I can’t tell you how many of them he’s split up over the years, only for one or both of the performers to struggle afterwards.

rags

Reaction score
Agreed. And tag teams as well. It’s like Vince McMahon hates tag team wrestling and shows no respect for them. I can’t tell you how many of them he’s split up over the years, only for one or both of the performers to struggle afterwards.

It's not exactly a secret that Vince doesn't like tag team wrestling.

timb2

Reaction score
Vince is becoming Jerry they need to understand the meaning " Less is more". Stop sticking their nose into everything, just get out of the way.

rags

Reaction score
If you missed last Friday night's episode of Smackdown, it is supposed to be repeated tonight at 6:00 Central on FS1.

rags

Reaction score
Programming note:

If you're an AEW fan, don't forget that tonight is the debut episode of AEW: Rampage. Start time is 9:00 Central on TNT.

Duane

Reaction score
Jim Cornette podcast on the late Bobby Eaton.

Hard to listen to at the beginning.

The wrestling podcasts are about all the wresting I consume these days. I'm really looking forward to Punk coming back to give me reason to watch on TV again.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AEW better deliver on CM Punk at this point
By Geno Mrosko Aug 15, 2021, 1:00pm EDT

usa_today_11852543.0.jpg

With reports flying all about that CM Punk is likely headed for AEW, if he hasn’t signed already, the company has engaged in a brilliant bit of promotional business by teasing out his arrival across several weeks of television. The target date seems to be this coming Fri., Aug. 20, 2021, at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois, on Rampage.

I say “seems to be” because we can’t know for certain unless they confirm as much and so far they have been unable or unwilling to do so. Instead, we’re getting things like Tony Khan all but saying it during an interview with SI:

“Next week’s Rampage is ‘The First Dance’, and I think everyone knows what to expect—and everyone is very excited. We built a foundation here for what you’re going to see next week. This was a huge premiere, and there is tons of anticipation for next week in Chicago.”

More: https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2021/8/15/22625877/cm-punk-aew-rampage-chicago-tony-khan

KAHN BETTER DELIVER!!!

DanteEXT

Reaction score
AEW better deliver on CM Punk at this point
By Geno Mrosko Aug 15, 2021, 1:00pm EDT

usa_today_11852543.0.jpg

With reports flying all about that CM Punk is likely headed for AEW, if he hasn’t signed already, the company has engaged in a brilliant bit of promotional business by teasing out his arrival across several weeks of television. The target date seems to be this coming Fri., Aug. 20, 2021, at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois, on Rampage.

I say “seems to be” because we can’t know for certain unless they confirm as much and so far they have been unable or unwilling to do so. Instead, we’re getting things like Tony Khan all but saying it during an interview with SI:

“Next week’s Rampage is ‘The First Dance’, and I think everyone knows what to expect—and everyone is very excited. We built a foundation here for what you’re going to see next week. This was a huge premiere, and there is tons of anticipation for next week in Chicago.”

More: https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2021/8/15/22625877/cm-punk-aew-rampage-chicago-tony-khan

KAHN BETTER DELIVER!!!

I've been keeping up on this a bit online. Reads like quite a few hints and such have been dropped. While it wouldn't be unprecedented for wrestling to build up fake anticipation with their audience if it doesn't deliver on this one I could see some backlash.

This whole thing has me interested enough that I may actually subscribe to Sling TV again and watch AEW this week just to see if it happens.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been keeping up on this a bit online. Reads like quite a few hints and such have been dropped. While it wouldn't be unprecedented for wrestling to build up fake anticipation with their audience if it doesn't deliver on this one I could see some backlash.

This whole thing has me interested enough that I may actually subscribe to Sling TV again and watch AEW this week just to see if it happens.

I have to think that it's a certainty that he will return for AEW at this show. If not, the company has done themselves and their fans an incredible disservice by not putting out a formal denial.

Vince McMahon and WWE are asleep at the wheel - much like when Bischoff and WCW rose to prominence - and they're allowing a rival wrestling promotion to stockpile talent, excitement, and momentum.

I see nothing from WWE to counter AEW's momentum and nothing on the horizon which might reinvigorate interest in WWE's product.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan