Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
If you saw all of Raw tonight, you know that Toxic Attraction is out of the Women's Tag Team Tournament. Gigi Dolin, the redhead, has an injury.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Triple H just got added to Christmas card list.

Same here my friend! Things continue to look up in WWE.

:yourock:

I’ve long felt that Gargano had ‘Daniel Bryan-like’ potential. Always great in the ring, and has the David vs Goliath size disadvantage.

rags

Reaction score
I thought he would mention it yesterday during his Tuesday podcast titled My World, but he didn't. Instead, he spent over two hours talking about the wrestling scene down in Mexico.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/979828...edly-suspended-for-altercation-with-aew-star/

Taking an impromptu poll:

Everybody still on board with AEW?

tenor.gif

rags

Reaction score

I still watch it mostly because it's there.

I have to say that I was very disappointed with the length of the Punk-Moxley match from last night. Way too short, IMHO.

That's one thing in HHH's favor. The matches in the WWE seem to be longer since he took over.

Don't worry about Kingston getting suspended. I have a feeling he'll return the first week of Sept. just in time for AEW's next PPV titled All Out.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to say that I was very disappointed with the length of the Punk-Moxley match from last night. Way too short, IMHO.
Remember there is a reason for everything that happens.

In this case, Punk wasn't ready for the PPV next weekend. So that's why they had a match last night. You can't have a championship match at a ppv last 3 minutes. Now Punk can finish rehabbing while Mox and Daniel put on a fantastic match.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still watch it mostly because it's there.

That's one thing in HHH's favor. The matches in the WWE seem to be longer since he took over.

Don't worry about Kingston getting suspended. I have a feeling he'll return the first week of Sept. just in time for AEW's next PPV titled All Out.

I’m not worried at all I think the waste of space should be fired.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember there is a reason for everything that happens.

In this case, Punk wasn't ready for the PPV next weekend. So that's why they had a match last night. You can't have a championship match at a ppv last 3 minutes. Now Punk can finish rehabbing while Mox and Daniel put on a fantastic match.

So what then was the reason for bringing him back too soon?

rags

Reaction score
Did MJF make an appearance last night? There was some speculation that he would. He may make an appearance at All Out next week.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what then was the reason for bringing him back too soon?
That's a really good question. Doesn't make any sense, yet. My ears are open and hope to hear an explanation soon.

Then there is this....

Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer is reporting today that Moxley-Punk is set for the main event at “All Out” on Sunday, Sept. 4, 10 days from now, though that hasn’t yet been announced publicly by AEW, online or on TV.

The thinking here from me is that the booking of the quick Moxley win with a Punk injury angle is being done to set up Punk for a win in the rematch in front of the hometown crowd in Chicago, akin to the booking in 1987 that saw Ric Flair drop the NWA world title to Ronnie Garvin on Sept. 25 to set up Flair winning it back in the main event at that year’s Starrcade pay-per-view in November.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a really good question. Doesn't make any sense, yet. My ears are open and hope to hear an explanation soon.

Then there is this....

Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer is reporting today that Moxley-Punk is set for the main event at “All Out” on Sunday, Sept. 4, 10 days from now, though that hasn’t yet been announced publicly by AEW, online or on TV.

The thinking here from me is that the booking of the quick Moxley win with a Punk injury angle is being done to set up Punk for a win in the rematch in front of the hometown crowd in Chicago, akin to the booking in 1987 that saw Ric Flair drop the NWA world title to Ronnie Garvin on Sept. 25 to set up Flair winning it back in the main event at that year’s Starrcade pay-per-view in November.

But wouldn’t that require a ridiculous two week recovery and turnaround?

:huh: