Prosecutor in Taylor's case screws up.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ArmchairRedskin said:
Sharpstein represents cops in trouble. Sean Taylor's dad is a cop. There's your match.

well then, sean should know better. i wonder if his dad pulls as many excuses out of his arse as skins fans do.

Mr. Grundle

Reaction score
sacase said:
No one onwed me, infact one of your posters even changed his mind and agreed with me that trying to get the case thrown out like this was a reach at best. So get off the we owned your for an hour on ES tip. You obviously need some reading comprehension classes.

Look man, I have partied in more places that you can posible dream of. both in the US and out (New York, London, Franfurt, Tokyo, Bangkok, Brussels, Amsterdam, Hawaii, LA, Vegas, etc), I know what the club scene is like. But guess what, problem is fixed. so sorry the case will not be thrown out, it is going to go to trial. The Defense figures.....we can't beat this in court so let's try and smear the prosecuter. Like I said numerous times, the DA knew that the assistant DA DJ'd in south beach, it wasn't a mystery like you guys want to make it out to be. Do you really think that the police and the DA don't know there is X and coke everywhere in teh miami club scene? Perhaps the DA will take the case over then ST is really screwed. Frankly I think it is rather pathetic that the defense is trying anythign to keep this out of court. If there is no case just go to trial. Oh and I did a little checking on sharpstein....interesting that he tends to represent people who are guilty but are trying to get off. In fact I bet that is why he knows so much about the south beach club scene, I mean half his clients are drug trafficers. Sharpstein is scum pure and simple, so I guess this is a match made in heaven.

By the way have you even been in Miami? For that matter have you even been outside of VA?

I'm pretty sure if Taylor or his attorneys thought there was any chance of him getting "screwed" in court, they would have accepted the plea bargain and taken some probation. He doesn't want to plead guilty to a felony either because he is innocent, or he knows the prosecution has no case. Either way, he is getting off, so no reason to get yourself all worked up.

That myspace page was hilarious though. What an idiot.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Mr. Grundle said:
I'm pretty sure if Taylor or his attorneys thought there was any chance of him getting "screwed" in court, they would have accepted the plea bargain and taken some probation. He doesn't want to plead guilty to a felony either because he is innocent, or he knows the prosecution has no case. Either way, he is getting off, so no reason to get yourself all worked up.

That myspace page was hilarious though. What an idiot.

he was innocent?

please, what did he do? what is the law?

he may have a "get out of jail free" card, but he's NOT innocent.

Reaction score
iceberg said:
well then, sean should know better. i wonder if his dad pulls as many excuses out of his arse as skins fans do.

Maybe he should. Who knows what really happened. The case hasn't gone to trial yet, so the details aren't exactly public knowledge.

The case is based on the accusations of people that since the incident last year have been caught with another stolen ATV and also have a history of criminal activity that included jail time for some of them.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Wow all kinds of Commander trolls on this thread. And Iceberg is owning them all ................ thats just sad.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
The playbook is getting pretty thin.

Attack the vicims' past .... check....... didn't work.

Attack the prosecutor ...... check .... not working.

Expect a grenade (not literal) thrown at the judge next.

Fourth and fifty for the defense.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
sacase said:
No one onwed me, infact one of your posters even changed his mind and agreed with me that trying to get the case thrown out like this was a reach at best. So get off the we owned your for an hour on ES tip. You obviously need some reading comprehension classes.

By the way have you even been in Miami? For that matter have you even been outside of VA?

Well considering I am Pakistani, yeah I have been outside of VA

Miami, yes, thanks to the fact my brother is an employee of the Ritz Carlton down there

So don't give me the "you have a limited life view" angle here. I have been around the block, and at places in Miami such as Space, and Vibe.

If you or I were moonlighting as DJ's and not prosecuting criminals that is one thing, but its the **** DA's assistant who is doing it. Someone who is around scummy people, and in places where as a prosecutor he should not be

There is a reason the FBI has such a strict limit on past drug use, it is because you have to testify in court and your character can be used against you. As a DA he should know better, and he screwed himself pretty good because he was trying to get in the pants of 22 year old chics at the southbeach clubs

As for ST's lawyers being scum, no surprise there. Name me a lawyer who isn't scum

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
iceberg said:
he was innocent?

What America do you live in? Presumed innocent before guilty. From the facts we have in the case now, it is beyond a shadow of a doubt that Sean Taylor is NOT guilty.

Come on man, you are in a red state for God sakes. I always thought Micheal Irvin was set up by the Dallas PD and faced some overzealous prosecutors. Same thing here, you had a prosecutor trying to make himself big so he could get some hot *** in South Beach. Failure

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
The playbook is getting pretty thin.

Attack the vicims' past .... check....... didn't work.

Attack the prosecutor ...... check .... not working.

Expect a grenade (not literal) thrown at the judge next.

Fourth and fifty for the defense.

Actually though if the defense was in such a bind here, why not take the plea bargin? And why did the prosecutor offer the deal?

Why even allow this to get to trial?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
What America do you live in? Presumed innocent before guilty. From the facts we have in the case now, it is beyond a shadow of a doubt that Sean Taylor is NOT guilty.

Come on man, you are in a red state for God sakes. I always thought Micheal Irvin was set up by the Dallas PD and faced some overzealous prosecutors. Same thing here, you had a prosecutor trying to make himself big so he could get some hot *** in South Beach. Failure

i'm pretty sure i live in *this* america.

presumed innocent looks good on paper but please spare me - NO celebrity has that luxury do they?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BOREme.jpg

sacase

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Well considering I am Pakistani, yeah I have been outside of VA

Miami, yes, thanks to the fact my brother is an employee of the Ritz Carlton down there

So don't give me the "you have a limited life view" angle here. I have been around the block, and at places in Miami such as Space, and Vibe.

If you or I were moonlighting as DJ's and not prosecuting criminals that is one thing, but its the ******** DA's assistant who is doing it. Someone who is around scummy people, and in places where as a prosecutor he should not be

There is a reason the FBI has such a strict limit on past drug use, it is because you have to testify in court and your character can be used against you. As a DA he should know better, and he screwed himself pretty good because he was trying to get in the pants of 22 year old chics at the southbeach clubs

As for ST's lawyers being scum, no surprise there. Name me a lawyer who isn't scum

See look at what you just said the FBI has a strict limit on drug use. Not a strict limit on being around people who use drugs or a strict limit on being in clubs where drug use may occur. I think I know a little something about the requirements for some government service jobs, especially since I have a full scope polygraph done every 5 years as a condition of my employment. Not once have I been asked about being around people who use them or being in a club that has it going on. Again, he did nothing wrong and being a DJ is not showing he has poor ethics or character.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
And I thought people on here were intelligent

You wouldn't recognize "intelligent" if it jumped up and bit you on the butt...

Read the news article, and the assertions made by the defense.

I have, and the assertions made by the defense are RIDICULOUS... go on and dream that this stupid garbage will be enough to get the case dismissed, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment...

It's real simply, homer-- what the prosecutor has done is silly in the extremest, it's quite embarrassing for him, but it doesn't come CLOSE to qualifying as prosecutorial misconduct...

I repeat, since you're apparently right slow-- IT DOESN'T COME CLOSE TO QUALIFYING AS PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT...

The assertion that he's just pursuing this case to promote his DJ career is just ASININE... if his lawyers really believe that BS, Sean's done went and hired himself MORONS to defend him...

Look at the myspace page. Then ask yourself "is this guy fit to be a prosecutor

What, a wannabe DJ can't be a DA too?? LOL...

"and has he used this case for his personal gain?"

Even if he has, it doesn't amount to prosecutorial misconduct... no matter how long you obsess over it... oded American would love to do

Legal? I guess.

Well, well, progress IS being made...

This is ALL that matters... everything else is just your hot air...

Unethical, certainly. And it gives a motive as to why he hasn't dropped the case when once again it is a very flimsy case.

Again, you just don't know what kind of case it is... and you make yourself look like a card-carrying IDIOT by continuing to insist you do... you see, the defense might be willing to try this case in the press, but you haven't heard word one from the prosecutor...

IOW, you're just HOPING the case against Taylor is weak... which goes back to the simple fact that you don't really CARE if Sean pointed a gun at anybody, you just want him available to play for the Skins...

Which renders you completely unfit to pass judgement on what is or isn't "ethical", since you have no discernible ethics of your own...

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2406407

The guy stepped down. Loser

MIAMI -- The lead prosecutor in the assault case against Washington Commanders safety Sean Taylor stepped aside Wednesday after defense lawyers charged that he was using his prominence in the case to promote his moonlighting work as a nightclub disc jockey.

Michael Grieco, the assistant state attorney handling the Taylor case, asked to be replaced because "he sees himself becoming the courtroom focus, rather than the individual charged with the criminal offense," said a statement from the office of his boss, Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle.

The move came a few hours after Taylor's attorney Richard Sharpstein said he would seek dismissal of the charges because of "inappropriate and unethical" prosecutorial conduct by Grieco, who had posted news articles about the Taylor case on a Web site that promotes his side business as a DJ in Miami Beach clubs.

"It's obvious he's exploiting his job as a prosecutor for private gain," Sharpstein said. "It has clouded his view of justice."

After being told of Grieco's departure from the case, Sharpstein said: "Now we look forward to a fair and impartial prosecutor looking at this matter and doing the right thing, which is to dismiss this case."

Stepping down is not the same thing as dismissing the case...

silverbear

Reaction score
sacase said:
The Defense figures.....we can't beat this in court so let's try and smear the prosecuter.

I don't know that I'd go that far, it was just a case of the defense lawyers trying everything they can to avoid going to trial... it's always better not to have to stand in front of that judge and a jury, because no matter the evidence, a jury trial is always a crap shoot... OJ proved that, so did the Chmura rape case...

silverbear

Reaction score
ArmchairRedskin said:
Maybe he should. Who knows what really happened. The case hasn't gone to trial yet, so the details aren't exactly public knowledge.

And yet, many of your brother Skins fans have been telling us over and over and over again how "weak" the case against Sean is...

Congratulations for recognizing that you don't have the whole story... just because of that, I'll be a little more inclined to listen to what you have to say...

The case is based on the accusations of people that since the incident last year have been caught with another stolen ATV and also have a history of criminal activity that included jail time for some of them.

Yup, those are the accusers, but as you've already noted, you don't know who the prosecution has as witnesses... even criminals can be victims of a crime...

Renesis

Reaction score
iceberg said:
he was innocent?

Wait what? What exactly DID he do? He hasn't been proven guilty of anything, there's no physical evidence(that I've been made aware of anyhow), only the eye witness accounts of people who allegedly have less than stellar criminal records, and while that certainly doesn't discount them, it makes me at least weary of them.

So before you sentence him, I'd like to see your evidence, and hear your eyewitness testimony. The burden of proof falls to the accuser.

If he's found guilty, then he deserves whatever punishment he gets, but until then........what exactly has he done?

To the people throwing the word "owned" around. If you have to resort to saying that you "owned" someone......you didn't. When "ownage" occurs, it doesn't need to be pointed out, everyone, including the "owned", knows.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Renesis said:
Wait what? What exactly DID he do? He hasn't been proven guilty of anything, there's no physical evidence(that I've been made aware of anyhow), only the eye witness accounts of people who allegedly have less than stellar criminal records, and while that certainly doesn't discount them, it makes me at least weary of them.

So before you sentence him, I'd like to see your evidence, and hear your eyewitness testimony. The burden of proof falls to the accuser.

If he's found guilty, then he deserves whatever punishment he gets, but until then........what exactly has he done?

To the people throwing the word "owned" around. If you have to resort to saying that you "owned" someone......you didn't. When "ownage" occurs, it doesn't need to be pointed out, everyone, including the "owned", knows.

i didn't point it out, did i?