QB Competition

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't know.

Like I told ya...he often PLAYED hurt, and came back not fully healed. That's one way to look "frail". He finally took several months off, and could have just handed off to Zeke like Dak did.
Yeah, Dak just handed off the ball to Zeke his rookie year...

DAL
3,667 passing yards
23 passing TDs
4 INTs
104.9 passer rating

Does it look like Dak "just handed off the ball to Zeke"??? :rolleyes:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry needs to trade Trey Lance. Vikings are looking for a young QB. Try to get their early 4th round pick for him (Vikings also have a late 4th round pick). Cowboys have too many holes to fill with this draft for serious positions of need this 2024 season, especially with Tyron Smith leaving via free agency and possibly Tyler Biadasz as well. Time to bite the bullet and get rid of your "projects" while you fill holes of immediate need this year.
We need Lance too he’s out. Backup.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You might want to read the warning that was posted today. You always seem to follow me around looking for an opportunity to get personal. If you have a problem with me, simply ignore me. I’m no longer wasting anymore time with you, :thumbup:
This is what he does. I thought he just did it to me…..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You might want to read the warning that was posted today. You always seem to follow me around looking for an opportunity to get personal. If you have a problem with me, simply ignore me. I’m no longer wasting anymore time with you, :thumbup:
Oh...so what I said...insulted you? Was it the "you don't have power"...or the "sonny"? I will tell the mods/admin which one.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dak has never beat out anyone..he was gifted the job by injury,HS, college and pro.
This take literally is insane.
If a player is so good when they play the guy can never get his job back? Yea they beat then out.
Dak played so well as a rookie that Romo was forced into retirement.
Tony Romo's best friend on the team at the time, Jason Witten even said hey it is Dak's team.
That's as thorough of a beating out that exists.

At Miss St, Tyler Russell was a Parade All-America and Dak flat won that job in Russell's senior year.
Russell had a concussion in game 1 and started 2 other games after Dak injured his shoulder but ended up a back up to Dak.
A guy that is 5th all-time in Miss St passing was just a back up to finish his career because of Dak.

Dak is not only a legend at MissSt he is on pace to break every Cowbioys passing record there is.
I certainly do not want to pay him 60M AAV but it is completely corny to offer up these types of wack takes.

LysleE

Reaction score
Should Dak get beat out at QB it would mean that JJ and Stephen overestimated Dak’s ability as a “franchise” QB and their collective egos and reputations as “football guys” would be tarnished.
More importantly, it’s a function of ROI; if Dak sits on the bench their money isn’t working for them.
Jerry and Stephen have treated Dak with Kid Gloves…competition is important to ensure the best players play; lack of competition makes players complacent…Dak is an example of what happens when one is just handed the job without winning it on his abilities.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This take literally is insane.
If a player is so good when they play the guy can never get his job back? Yea they beat then out.
Dak played so well as a rookie that Romo was forced into retirement.
Tony Romo's best friend on the team at the time, Jason Witten even said hey it is Dak's team.
That's as thorough of a beating out that exists.

At Miss St, Tyler Russell was a Parade All-America and Dak flat won that job in Russell's senior year.
Russell had a concussion in game 1 and started 2 other games after Dak injured his shoulder but ended up a back up to Dak.
A guy that is 5th all-time in Miss St passing was just a back up to finish his career because of Dak.

Dak is not only a legend at MissSt he is on pace to break every Cowbioys passing record there is.
I certainly do not want to pay him 60M AAV but it is completely corny to offer up these types of wack takes.
Dak is our legend now and he's been JJ's legend for sure coming up on year nine, until further notice.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I did not make any excuses, nor did I say he was a hidden gem.

We don’t know what he can and can’t do. Why do you think he is a bum. There is nothing to say one way or the other.
I am not basing what I think on a few games with SF or the fact they traded him for a 4th.

I have been saying, I look forward to TC and see him in PS games. Then go from there.
We know what he can't do. Is get 60% completion percentage. Throw for 200 yards consistently. We know what he can do is struggle in NFL. We k own what he can't do is read NFL defenses. He played real NFL games. He showed he is not ready.

Never said he is a bum. I just don't see a lot of NFL talent.

PS games are meaningless. But if he can't dominate in preseason, then yeah he maybe a bum. Who knows.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Romo had a chance to get his job back and you know it. But the greatest coach and owner in football did not let him after he got medically cleared.

Now, I know you are probably one of those posters that can see the future and will say that Romo would have just gotten hurt again, I see that all the time, yet, they won't tell me the lottery numbers!
Never said that. But if Dak wasn't playing at a high level then Romo would have gotten his job back.

And BTW, I advocated for Romo to get his job back. Specially for playoffs. No rookie has ever gone to the superbowl, nor win it. There is a reason. I liked Dak but thought Romo should have played.

With that said, given your baseless assumption, Romo didn't get his job back. That fact doesn't change.

And my Comment t was to all those 2nd and 3rd stringers that got a chance and took advantage by playing well. Others did get similar chances and they didn't play well and lost their job...happens all the time in NFL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Apparently, Jerry believes competition isn't good for his Cowboys. Plus, many athletes today have very thin skin.
What has Dak done that warrants him being protected from competition?
:rolleyes:
Nothing. Competition is good. But let's get real competition not Rush or Lance. That's trying to find diamond in a pile of elephant dung