QB option no 2 could be Derek Carr

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I like Carr way more then most on this board. Again, it depends the money but I think that if you put Carr on this team, he could have success. I would not be inclined to pay more for Carr over Dak but if we got him for say 27, I think the production would remain on par.

I'm going to go ahead and go open a beer now. I feel like I will need it after the shelling starts over this post.

Everybody, have a great weekend!
lol dont think you like him more then me. I remember having convos with you his last yr at fresno state. He's probably the only QB id like over Dak. Well that is available.

Raiders have done this guy no favors in going thru so many coaches in his short time in the nfl.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
People saying teams won't give up 2 number 1 draft picks for Dak are just assuming. QBs command most value in picks and in salary. Teams trade more than 2 number 1s for lesser known QBs before. Commanders gave up 3 number 1s plus some to get RG3 and wasn't even proven in the league. Even veteran QBs bring a ton of value. Sam Bradford brought in a 1st and 3rd if I'm not mistaken and he couldn't even stay healthy in a season. Teams also have no issue giving out big contracts to QBs that feel is that franchise guy.

Colts have plenty of cap space and want Dak, that's just 1 team I'm naming. Other teams would do the same.

Dallas isn't going to trade Dak or somehow let him go. They believe he is their franchise QB, and I agree with them. You don't let those types of guys get away. I think those Dak haters are forgetting what it was like after Aikman, or the Weeden/Cassel/Sanchez/Moore games were like. McCarthy has already said he wants Dak and his track record working with QBs speak for themselves. McCarthy could very well put Dak in top 3 QB conversation by next year but yet his doubters/haters will flip flop again and use some other stupid, silly argument instead of admitting they we're wrong

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
People saying teams won't give up 2 number 1 draft picks for Dak are just assuming. QBs command most value in picks and in salary. Teams trade more than 2 number 1s for lesser known QBs before. Commanders gave up 3 number 1s plus some to get RG3 and wasn't even proven in the league. Even veteran QBs bring a ton of value. Sam Bradford brought in a 1st and 3rd if I'm not mistaken and he couldn't even stay healthy in a season. Teams also have no issue giving out big contracts to QBs that feel is that franchise guy.

Colts have plenty of cap space and want Dak, that's just 1 team I'm naming. Other teams would do the same.

Dallas isn't going to trade Dak or somehow let him go. They believe he is their franchise QB, and I agree with them. You don't let those types of guys get away. I think those Dak haters are forgetting what it was like after Aikman, or the Weeden/Cassel/Sanchez/Moore games were like. McCarthy has already said he wants Dak and his track record working with QBs speak for themselves. McCarthy could very well put Dak in top 3 QB conversation by next year but yet his doubters/haters will flip flop again and use some other stupid, silly argument instead of admitting they we're wrong

I think multiple teams would give up 2 1s for Dak.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Carr sucks. Stafford is too old.

Some of you may not like it, but Dak Prescott is a top 6-10 QB. Sometimes he played like a top three, other times he played like an 8-11. Point is: He will get paid by the Dallas Cowboys.

Carr is slightly above mediocre and would be similar to Dak here.

cowboyec

Reaction score
if Dak sucks.....why would anyone trade for him?

stop hating your QB.

cowboyec

Reaction score
If Dak is as good as some here claim to be then 2 firsts is what we should be able to get somewhat easily. Funny how there are crickets after that...
but if he sucks....why do you think we'd get anything for him.

more crikets.

conner01

Reaction score
I like Dak but no one and I mean no one in their right mind is going to trade 2 1s for Dak. There is only 1 qb that I think a team would trade 2 1s for and that is Patrick Mahomes.
QB’s can bring 2 ones but Not ones who aren’t signed

irving

Reaction score
Dak would be a downgrade for the Raiders. Carr had a slightly higher QB rating overall and a much higher rating when Dak wasn't padding his stats against the Skins/Giants combo.

Dak doesn't have this high league wide value like his slobberers think. I was reading an article where some former league executives don't even think Dak is as good as Darnold. The league wide perception is that he's just a guy standing in a pocket throwing to open guys and I think Dak would get his feelings hurt if he were slapped with a transition tag.
Not to argue with you, but I’m sure you realize Darnold was drafted in the 1st round of the draft. Dak was taken in the 4th round of the draft. Rest assured the executives you speak of probably did not have Dak rated as a starting NFL quarterback and many may not have had him on their draft board. Had these executives been smart enough to draft a starting quarterback in the 4th round, they would be telling a different story. I’m not a slobber as you say, but common sense tells me that if those executives passed on Dak, or didn’t think he could play, they definitely won’t admit they were wrong now. We can say a lot of things but the fact is Dak has shown he can play in the NFL, and on many occasions play well.

jnday

Reaction score
If Dak is as good as some here claim to be then 2 firsts is what we should be able to get somewhat easily. Funny how there are crickets after that...
He would be worth 3-4 first round picks along with some 2nd and 3rds if he was the QB that Dak-lovers claim he is. He is on the same level as Brady and Rodgers in their eyes.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Interestingly enough ,what I'm reading , to tag Dak would cost around 26M .

26 million vs. 40 million .

Thats a tough choice for Jerrah and Johnny Walker ; for everybody else (excluding Dak fanatics) it should be a fairly simple choice .

conner01

Reaction score
I think multiple teams would give up 2 1s for Dak.
If he was under contract I would agree
But being as he’s not I don’t see any QB not named Mahommes bringing two first rnd picks without being under contract
No team is giving 2 first and then turn around and pay him 35 million

garyo1954

Reaction score
but if he sucks....why do you think we'd get anything for him.

more crikets.

1) Tag him non-exclusive.
2) He gets to negotiate with any team(s) he wants.
3) If he signs a tender with another team we have the option of
a) matching the offer
b) accepting 2 #1s from the signing team

Them the rules.

conner01

Reaction score

Thats a tough choice for Jerrah and Johnny Walker ; for everybody else (excluding Dak fanatics) it should be a fairly simple choice .
It’s an easy choice
Sign him for 35 and get ready for training camp

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

The problem is that the FT only delays and worsens the problem. QB salaries have jumped drastically every year for the past 4 or so years. You tag Dak, and next year you have the same problem; do you release him, or do you pay him an even bigger contract than he wants now.

FTs also destroy any goodwill between the team and player. Best case, Dak hardballs the Cowboys and demands the $40M/yr deal he had never asked for prior. At worst, he holds out and ends our 2020 season before it even begins.

You know how DLaw refused to get surgery on his jacked-up shoulder until the team reached a long-term deal with him, and it caused him to basically suck for the first half of the season? That's the kind of hardball tactics you get when you break out the FTs. In general, I don't like using them. They are useful to extend negotiating deadlines, but when you use it as a 1 year contract, things get nasty afterwards.

IMO, the tag was the correct play for DLaw, who had only had one big NFL season out of 4 before we tagged him the first time. But with Dak, he's proven his worth. No need to piss him off, just get the deal done now when you can talk him down on amiable terms.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Carr sucks. Stafford is too old.

Some of you may not like it, but Dak Prescott is a top 6-10 QB. Sometimes he played like a top three, other times he played like an 8-11. Point is: He will get paid by the Dallas Cowboys.
Not according to some in here. I'll respect them by not mentioning who. They know who they are. Carr is another one who had ONE (like Wentz) good season and received a mega contract before the next season even started. Raiders haven't made playoffs since. :rolleyes: