QB option no 2 could be Derek Carr

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Derek Carr is complete trash! I would rather Dak throw the ball around and miss guys here and there over Carr dumping every single pass short and not pushing the ball down field..

garyo1954

Reaction score
Carr is garbage. What is wrong with this place lately? Come on, guys...

Carr's garbage with MVP season, career QB rate of 90.7, 18 4th Qtr comebacks, and 19 game winning drives in 93 games?
Carr's garbage with a 70.4 completion %, 4054 yards, 21 TDS, 8 picks, and a 100.8 QBR in 2019?

That garbage comes from a high dollar neighborhood.

morat1959

Reaction score
Carr's garbage with MVP season, career QB rate of 90.7, 18 4th Qtr comebacks, and 19 game winning drives in 93 games?
Carr's garbage with a 70.4 completion %, 4054 yards, 21 TDS, 8 picks, and a 100.8 QBR in 2019?

These #s are pale in comparison to future Hall of Famer Dak Prescott. You must not have seen his 4000+ passing yards last season.

RS12

Reaction score
Raiders supposedly have a 2 year offer to Brady at 30 mil per year. Good chance Carr needs a new home.

garyo1954

Reaction score
These #s are pale in comparison to future Hall of Famer Dak Prescott. You must not have seen his 4000+ passing yards last season.

LOL....I need to find a way to shut up, you know? I go through these numbers seeing QBs like Carr, Dalton, Keenum putting up similar numbers to Dak on truly inferior teams and they are garbage. While Dak is all-world, has superior talent, and can't make the play-offs.

LOL......

Last edited:

garyo1954

Reaction score
Raiders supposedly have a 2 year offer to Brady at 30 mil per year. Good chance Carr needs a new home.

Best landing spot would be Washington where Jack del Rio is the defensive coordinator. Del Rio was his coach when he won MVP and went to the play-offs.
Unless Rivera wants his old guy, Cam Newton.

Either case Haskins would become the backup, or up for trade.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
LOL....I need to find a way to shut up, you know? I g through these numbers seeing QBs like Carr, Dalton, Keenum putting up similar numbers to Dak on truly inferior teams and they are garbage. While Dak is all-world, has superior talent, and can't make the play-offs.

LOL......

Dak struggled late because of his injured shoulder. If healthy, they make the playoffs imo.

RoboQB

Reaction score

He may have 19 GW drives but he could've had 20, if not for the GOAT, Jeff Heath!...lol

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Yall are missing the point. You're making good points, but the rule is there for a reason. (What teams do has no bearing on what the rules are)

We could still insist on the 2 #1s, and I think you're right, no one is willing to give that up for Dak Prescott.

Of course, I could be wrong and there is a team stupid enough to pay Dak and offer 2 #1s.

I'll take that chance.

You go ahead and take the chance.....in your wildest dreams.

Or just face reality where Dak signs for a contract and becomes our QB for almost a decade.

I'll take my chances on more on what's real.

Forget pipe dreams.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I made the case for Matthew Stafford as a possibility and if Det decides to go with Tua I believe it would be a great move to trade for Stafford but only a smart f.o. would make that move. Feels like a Patriots or Saints maneuver.

I would not cave to Dak. I would tag him with the non-exclusive tag and offer him 4 options.
1. sign the tag and play for 27 mil
2. Sign a long term deal at 30 mil per
3. Sign the tag and find a team willing to trade for you.
4. Don't sign the tag and play in the XFL

He would either realize that 30 mil per plus the endorsement opps that come with being the QB for Americas team is a pretty good life or feel disrespected and find a team willing to pay him what he wants and pony up the picks.

So what happens if he finds another team?

This is where QB option no 2 comes in. Derek Carr!

Why would the Raiders do it?
Brady to Raiders is one of the hottest rumors around.
Their f.o is infatuated with Brady
moving to Las Vegas and want to establish a fan base.

Why would Dallas do it?
gain 2 1st rd picks
get a franchise QB at about half the price.
3 years left on a very affordable contract.
Would be able to keep and sign plenty of F.A's.

Carr threw for over 4000 yards last year with a completion percentage over 70% and a very good td to interception ratio. Had inferior receivers. I would rank him a notch below Dak but at half price a better option.

Posts of futility.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I made the case for Matthew Stafford as a possibility and if Det decides to go with Tua I believe it would be a great move to trade for Stafford but only a smart f.o. would make that move. Feels like a Patriots or Saints maneuver.

I would not cave to Dak. I would tag him with the non-exclusive tag and offer him 4 options.
1. sign the tag and play for 27 mil
2. Sign a long term deal at 30 mil per
3. Sign the tag and find a team willing to trade for you.
4. Don't sign the tag and play in the XFL

He would either realize that 30 mil per plus the endorsement opps that come with being the QB for Americas team is a pretty good life or feel disrespected and find a team willing to pay him what he wants and pony up the picks.

So what happens if he finds another team?

This is where QB option no 2 comes in. Derek Carr!

Why would the Raiders do it?
Brady to Raiders is one of the hottest rumors around.
Their f.o is infatuated with Brady
moving to Las Vegas and want to establish a fan base.

Why would Dallas do it?
gain 2 1st rd picks
get a franchise QB at about half the price.
3 years left on a very affordable contract.
Would be able to keep and sign plenty of F.A's.

Carr threw for over 4000 yards last year with a completion percentage over 70% and a very good td to interception ratio. Had inferior receivers. I would rank him a notch below Dak but at half price a better option.
Carr is getting 30 mill.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Rules is rules...

A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five cap hits at the player's position for the previous five years applied to the current salary cap, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if the player signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

So if the cap is $200 million we only have to offer $27 million. If he finds a team willing to pay more, we can match or pass and take the two picks.
I think Dak would have trouble finding a team that would pay him 30 mil even if that team didnt have to give up 2 first round picks.

Hadenough

Reaction score
LOL....I need to find a way to shut up, you know? I go through these numbers seeing QBs like Carr, Dalton, Keenum putting up similar numbers to Dak on truly inferior teams and they are garbage. While Dak is all-world, has superior talent, and can't make the play-offs.

LOL......
Well said!! This is the dirty truth that some of these people just cant digest. :clap: