QBs rarely win Superbowls on extension expensive contracts

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're ranting again. The bottom line is that in 3 consecutive years Dak, after leading the same team in a successful regular season, has failed ,due to his lack of composure, to lead the team at the crucial moment.
It doesn't really come down to contract, players around him, it's evident he has the mental make-up under pressure....AND this isn't the first year I've made this point to your good self.
what!!!? you are the one who has incessently going on complaining rant, yet here we are

yeah, in 3 consecutive years Dak has failed. your point? your solution? NADA. oh, wait you complain...got it :thumbup:

it didn't come down to contract. as we could have signed anyone we wanted. Jerry CHOSE not to. you failed again.

btw, you have made no point at all. you continuously failed to make any point. you just complain endlessly. but I get it. you are just following the crowd.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes the guy who patted the stats against the dregs and disappeared against the better teams and pick 6ed again when it mattered most, that’s the guy we are talking about, Dakchoka.
He plays the same teams that everybody else plays.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You just mentioned three of the top five QBs in the game. Those QBs are far better than Dak.

It's okay to pay the top QBs huge money. It's not okay to pay better than average or "pretty good" regular season QBs huge money.
Dak put up better numbers than all of them this season. Stroud did nothing against Baltimore in the playoffs. Had he played for the Cowboys this board would have been dumping on him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Dak put up better numbers than all of them this season. Stroud did nothing against Baltimore in the playoffs. Had he played for the Cowboys this board would have been dumping on him.
Do you think Dak is better than Stroud?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Do you think Dak is better than Stroud?
He was this season and the numbers prove it. Dak had more yards. TDs, and a higher completion percentage. Plus he had a higher passer rating and won more games. Stroud has more potential and if he continues to improve he will be better than Dak.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He plays the same teams that everybody else plays.
So how do you explain the differential between Regular Season Dak and Play-off Dak ...??? There has to be a concession that in times of highest pressure Dak goes missing. It's even evident during the GB game, once the game was lost (and pressure off) he became a different QB.

rambo2

Reaction score
So how do you explain the differential between Regular Season Dak and Play-off Dak ...??? There has to be a concession that in times of highest pressure Dak goes missing. It's even evident during the GB game, once the game was lost (and pressure off) he became a different QB.
I think that one of his best games was the playoff win last year over Tom Brady and the Bucs on the road.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol. All I needed to hear.
If you don’t believe me go compare their numbers. Dak led in every category. He clearly had a better season than Stroud. Dak was in the MVP conversation all season.:thumbup:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think that one of his best games was the playoff win last year over Tom Brady and the Bucs on the road.
Well it certainly was, but you've cherry picked the fact how bad the 8-9 Buccs were. It kind of supports the theory about performing in games vrs better teams and how Dak's a different QB when he's in the comfort zone and has a lead.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
what!!!? you are the one who has incessently going on complaining rant, yet here we are

yeah, in 3 consecutive years Dak has failed. your point? your solution? NADA. oh, wait you complain...got it :thumbup:

it didn't come down to contract. as we could have signed anyone we wanted. Jerry CHOSE not to. you failed again.

btw, you have made no point at all. you continuously failed to make any point. you just complain endlessly. but I get it. you are just following the crowd.

They're saying that Dak doesn't deserve to be paid such a big contract. Which okay if they believe he hasn't earned the money that is one point. However I don't see how them viewing a QB as being worthy or unworthy of a big contract somehow changes their logic of how a QB being paid a certain amount of money makes it impossible for a front office to build a team around him.

SO even in the scenario of the Cowboys moving on from Dak and drafting a rookie QB. They're saying that the Cowboys have a limited window to win a Super Bowl on that QB's rookie contract. Or that Cowboys will be doomed not to win a Super Bowl if he gets signed to a new deal before being able to win one. And they're saying the Joneses hands will be tied and they won't be able to do anything to keep and build a Super Bowl contending roster around the next Cowboys QB once he gets paid.

Don't see how the argument of whether or not a QB is deserving of getting paid a big contract would make a difference in the logic that it's impossible for an NFL front office to build a team once their QB has been paid. Since limited money is still limited money and cap space is still cap space for an NFL team, in this argument some are trying to use.

rambo2

Reaction score
Well it certainly was, but you've cherry picked the fact how bad the 8-9 Buccs were. It kind of supports the theory about performing in games vrs better teams and how Dak's a different QB when he's in the comfort zone and has a lead.
He beat the GOAT on the road and had a tremendous game.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
They're saying that Dak doesn't deserve to be paid such a big contract. Which okay if they believe he hasn't earned the money that is one point. However I don't see how them viewing a QB as being worthy or unworthy of a big contract somehow changes their logic of how a QB being paid a certain amount of money makes it impossible for a front office to build a team around him.

SO even in the scenario of the Cowboys moving on from Dak and drafting a rookie QB. They're saying that the Cowboys have a limited window to win a Super Bowl on that QB's rookie contract. Or that Cowboys will be doomed not to win a Super Bowl if he gets signed to a new deal before being able to win one. And they're saying the Joneses hands will be tied and they won't be able to do anything to keep and build a Super Bowl contending roster around the next Cowboys QB once he gets paid.

Don't see how the argument of whether or not a QB is deserving of getting paid a big contract would make a difference in the logic that it's impossible for an NFL front office to build a team once their QB has been paid. Since limited money is still limited money and cap space is still cap space for an NFL team, in this argument some are trying to use.
the money is spent but the human capital is low, and not likely to improve under any scenario. A lose/lose proposition created by owners and coaches.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

QBs typically win super bowls on rookie contracts or team friendly contracts, Brady , Aaron Rogers , Mahomes , Wilson etc .
But now Dak wants an SECOND. Extension mammoth contract ? He has had that and has not delivered .
sometimes I wonder is it Jerry or Stephen approving such decisions.

KC won the 2022 season SB.
- "Patrick Mahomes signed a 10 year, $450 million contract extension with the Chiefs on July 6, 2020."

Very few SB winning QBs were on their rookie contract.

Just by memory:
- The 1st one with Mahomes.
- The 2017 season Eagles.
- 2007 season Giants with Eli.

Between 2007 season (Eli) and 2017 season (Eagles) were there any other rookie contract QBs that won the SB?

Only 1 of Tom Brady's SB wins was during his rookie contract.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...but Brock Purdy only makes $889k. Why can't we just draft our starting QB with the last pick in the draft and go to back-to-back NFC Championship Games?

I'm thinking Kedon Slovis from BYU or Taulia Tagovailoa from Maryland should do the trick.
1-800-dial-a-QB