Quick Brugler nugget on drafting QBs

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Draft a QB.

Do what you need to do. The Chiefs had to trade up to get Mahomes because they were making the playoffs with Smith.

You play scared. You’re scared of trying. Then have the nerve to call someone a “coward” because they want to move on from your safe space comfort QB.
So in other words you don't have a plan. You can't name names. You can't tell me what draft position you want to target. You can't tell me what year you think that QB will be available.

It is not cowardly to want to keep a QB who has won 12 games three years in a row, and it's not brave to just say "draft one!" It's stupid, and devoid of any rational thinking. I suppose your more the product of a bot farm, than a coward, but useless nonetheless.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But what you fail to understand is Daks play drops off so dramatically it as though he is a back up QB. When he gets that deer in the headlights he's done. He goes cold for 3/4 of the game. When the other team gets on top and pulls their starters Dak comes up for air when he has nothing to lose. We've seen that too many times with him. He's not worth keeping. I think that GB fiasco sealed his fate. Jerry looked so upset. How many times is Jerry going to let Dak disappoint him.
Woof Woof Prescott baby give him the back-ups and that prevent defense watch his stats hit the moon baby!
Cowboys lose again..................

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Every player in the NFL, from Mahomes to the last guy on the worst practice squad has flaws in their game. It is the job of the head coach to determine what those are, then put the player in a position of success. Success being relative to the players skill sets.

Dak wins. But Dak requires a relatively clean pocket to overcome the better teams. Dallas has not built that offensive line in the last three years to put him in a position to win. The usual fan sees this as Dak failing. Yet the front office has danced around giving him the best opportunity to overcome this flaw.

There is a strong possibility Dallas might have gotten the draft right this season and put in place some real meat eaters to protect Dak. But what is even more important is to create a running game which takes some of the pressure off Dak to be required to lift his game above just being competent.

This also requires a defense that does not allow the team to get blown out which would put Dak in the position to play at a level which creates problems.

This team has won 12 games three years in a row. So much of the failure of this team does not lie at the feet of Dak as much as it falls to other squads not doing their job.
The front office makes decisions with an eye on the cap. Maybe more than other teams. Perhaps the best example is Dallas stood toe to toe with the 49ers in the play-offs, until the running game went down.

Jones has stated he is the owner GM because he sees all the pieces and how they fit. Otherwise, if he hired a GM, that guy would be required to check with Jerry on every move before a decision could be made. Broaddus discussed this yesterday, that the level of competency is capped because Jerry either does not understand how to risk enough to get over this hump. Or he is purposely choosing to remain close but no cigar, avoiding risk that might be feast or famine.

The opinion of so many that you get rid of Dak, and that will eventually solve your problem ignores finding a player at QB who can repeat those seasons of 12 wins to get into the tourney. And that search will not produce anything but starting over to build this team. There will not be some savior arrive through the draft. Or especially free agency, that will rise to the level of 12 wins, then magically push through.

Landry stated, "You stay close to get into the play-offs. Then pop through to the championship game every few years."

I don't care for the one and done, just like everyone else here. Even though Dak did take apart Brady's Bucs, which, if examined, reveals he can play at this level if protected along with a strong defense. But essentially blowing up the team because of this one player just puts the Cowboys back to the worst possible position, which is 6 to 8 wins. And that is a perpetual purgatory.

Just my opinion.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So in other words you don't have a plan. You can't name names. You can't tell me what draft position you want to target. You can't tell me what year you think that QB will be available.

It is not cowardly to want to keep a QB who has won 12 games three years in a row, and it's not brave to just say "draft one!" It's stupid, and devoid of any rational thinking. I suppose your more the product of a bot farm, than a coward, but useless nonetheless.
How can I tell you any of that stuff right now? The draft is a year away and we don’t know how far we’d need to move up.

The college season hasn’t been played so we don’t know what the QBs will look like a year from now.

Jayden Daniel’s was on no radars a year ago. He then wins the Heisman trophy and looks like a stud for Washington right now.

You're a Dak over Dallas fans so none of this matters to you anyways. You’d rather roll with your loser comfort QB because taking chances is scary.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
How can I tell you any of that stuff right now? The draft is a year away and we don’t know how far we’d need to move up.

The college season hasn’t been played so we don’t know what the QBs will look like a year from now.

Jayden Daniel’s was on no radars a year ago. He then wins the Heisman trophy and looks like a stud for Washington right now.

You're a Dak over Dallas fans so none of this matters to you anyways. You’d rather roll with your loser comfort QB because taking chances is scary.
So in other words, you don't have a plan. We already know who the 2025 and 2026 prospects are, and anyone who pays half attention knew exactly who Jayden Daniels was.

Wrong. Taking chances that are more likely to not work than to work is a stupid plan, and that's what I don't want to do.

It is easy to say "take a chance blah blah blah" and be totally generic because you can never be wrong. You refuse to acknowledge the fact that your approach does not work more often than it does. Even for the internet, your disposition is pathetic.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So in other words, you don't have a plan. We already know who the 2025 and 2026 prospects are, and anyone who pays half attention knew exactly who Jayden Daniels was.

Wrong. Taking chances that are more likely to not work than to work is a stupid plan, and that's what I don't want to do.

It is easy to say "take a chance blah blah blah" and be totally generic because you can never be wrong. You refuse to acknowledge the fact that your approach does not work more often than it does. Even for the internet, your disposition is pathetic.
My approach has worked though. Even if it fails more often than not.

The Dak approach has NEVER worked.

You’re asking a 4th round pick, 30 years or older, still on the team that drafted him to win his first Super Bowl with that team.

It has NEVER been done. I repeat. NEVER.

So, tell me why are you so scared to draft a QB and move on from Dak again?

Retro88

Reaction score
Every player in the NFL, from Mahomes to the last guy on the worst practice squad has flaws in their game. It is the job of the head coach to determine what those are, then put the player in a position of success. Success being relative to the players skill sets.

Dak wins. But Dak requires a relatively clean pocket to overcome the better teams. Dallas has not built that offensive line in the last three years to put him in a position to win. The usual fan sees this as Dak failing. Yet the front office has danced around giving him the best opportunity to overcome this flaw.

There is a strong possibility Dallas might have gotten the draft right this season and put in place some real meat eaters to protect Dak. But what is even more important is to create a running game which takes some of the pressure off Dak to be required to lift his game above just being competent.

This also requires a defense that does not allow the team to get blown out which would put Dak in the position to play at a level which creates problems.

This team has won 12 games three years in a row. So much of the failure of this team does not lie at the feet of Dak as much as it falls to other squads not doing their job.
The front office makes decisions with an eye on the cap. Maybe more than other teams. Perhaps the best example is Dallas stood toe to toe with the 49ers in the play-offs, until the running game went down.

Jones has stated he is the owner GM because he sees all the pieces and how they fit. Otherwise, if he hired a GM, that guy would be required to check with Jerry on every move before a decision could be made. Broaddus discussed this yesterday, that the level of competency is capped because Jerry either does not understand how to risk enough to get over this hump. Or he is purposely choosing to remain close but no cigar, avoiding risk that might be feast or famine.

The opinion of so many that you get rid of Dak, and that will eventually solve your problem ignores finding a player at QB who can repeat those seasons of 12 wins to get into the tourney. And that search will not produce anything but starting over to build this team. There will not be some savior arrive through the draft. Or especially free agency, that will rise to the level of 12 wins, then magically push through.

Landry stated, "You stay close to get into the play-offs. Then pop through to the championship game every few years."

I don't care for the one and done, just like everyone else here. Even though Dak did take apart Brady's Bucs, which, if examined, reveals he can play at this level if protected along with a strong defense. But essentially blowing up the team because of this one player just puts the Cowboys back to the worst possible position, which is 6 to 8 wins. And that is a perpetual purgatory.

Just my opinion.
There's no room for common sense and logic here. Didn't you know it's also Dak's job to catch passes, run good routes, and be the run stuffing DT we need up the middle? He choked it all! Reminds me of the year before when he missed FGs and had a should have had kickoff return for a TD but he ran to the only guy that could tackle him (kicker). Daks got to be better than that!

In all seriousness he has played bad in games. Just makes me laugh that only a few days after the game the fans will wear blinders for all eternity on all the details.

Retro88

Reaction score
The Dak approach has NEVER worked.

You’re asking a 4th round pick, 30 years or older, still on the team that drafted him to win his first Super Bowl with that team.
Interesting, how specific you got there. It's almost like you worded that to completely ignore Stafford being drafted in 2009 and winning the Super Bowl in the 2021-22. But not you. Surely you didn't do that.....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Interesting, how specific you got there. It's almost like you worded that to completely ignore Stafford being drafted in 2009 and winning the Super Bowl in the 2021-22. But not you. Surely you didn't do that.....
Stafford?

The 1st round pick that you Dak fans are terrified of taking a chance on that went to another team and won?

He doesn’t fit the criteria of what Dak is.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You’re big man cause I educated you by informing you that your plan has NEVER in the history of football worked before.

Imagining getting big mad like this just from someone educating you on something.
You're not smart enough to educate anybody.

You picked a ridiculously specific set of data and are trying to make a point out of it. It's what stupid people do when they are trying to be smart.

I'm not mad at anything. Your existence here is to generate clicks, nothing more, nothing less. It's just fun to play along sometimes.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You're not smart enough to educate anybody.

You picked a ridiculously specific set of data and are trying to make a point out of it. It's what stupid people do when they are trying to be smart.

I'm not mad at anything. Your existence here is to generate clicks, nothing more, nothing less. It's just fun to play along sometimes.
I go off data.

You go off your feels.

Stay wrong, bro.