Quick Trey Lance Breakdown

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Because we saw all the other plays as well
It doesn't matter lol. You can't win games with 5 INTs and two fumbles. This is as bad as a QB can possibly be:

This is just a case of people choosing to see the positive and ignoring the negative - the exact opposite of what ppl do with Dak.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You realize that against the Chargers we had 561 total yards, 30 first downs, 53% third down efficiency & 33% 4th down efficiency. This is a line from PFF's write up "Lance weaved in five interceptions with a flurry of big-time throws and a long touchdown run".

Regardless his shortcomings at this time, it's not fair to say that his presence wouldn't present the defense with additional stress.
In other words, he can't throw the ball downfield without turning the ball over. They are telling you he is a bad quarterback.

It is fair. Teams would love for the Cowboys to give Lance possessions.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It doesn't matter lol. You can't win games with 5 INTs and two fumbles. This is as bad as a QB can possibly be:

This is just a case of people choosing to see the positive and ignoring the negative - the exact opposite of what ppl do with Dak.

Not a single person on this forum has made an excuse for this interception.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if some of it is McCarthy's offense because I see this type of thing with Dak quite a bit. Kurt Warner talked about a pure progression system and how it makes things tougher on the QB at times.

When I watch the all-22 videos, Dak will have 4 defenders on 2 receivers to his right and 2 on 2 to his left and he drops back looking to his right.
huh.... well if it is the offense, it worked to the tune of 36td passes and 9 picks last year. Give me more of that kind of offense and less of Trey sorry lance.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Except when they played good teams or coaches. The Cowboys schedule last year was weak and the defense and offense fell apart every game against good teams or coaches
they all play the same teams, essentially... so spare me of the schedule.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

Actually, we did have a chance to still win didn't we? Sorta like Stetson Bennett beat us despite his 4 int's. I wasn't aware Lance fumbled. If he didn't, then those have nothing to do with QB play.

Do we really care about winning preseason games? or seeing progress?

The universal opinion is the guy needs reps. Another universal understanding is less experienced players are gonna throw interceptions. So, I'm not sure why folks are surprised or upset. I expected mistakes. But I also saw a lot of good plays. Better plays than I expected. Not sure why "fans" wouldn't come away with some positive feelings.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
huh.... well if it is the offense, it worked to the tune of 36td passes and 9 picks last year. Give me more of that kind of offense and less of Trey sorry lance.
Doesn't mean it is on every play but it is clear as day if you watch any breakdowns.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You actually can. Romo did it against (pretty sure) giants.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
In other words, he can't throw the ball downfield without turning the ball over. They are telling you he is a bad quarterback.

It is fair. Teams would love for the Cowboys to give Lance possessions.
So you just ignore all the evidence that he did throw the ball down field. Nice.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So you just ignore all the evidence that he did throw the ball down field. Nice.
I'm not. I'm saying that he can't throw it downfield without turning it over, because he does not see the field. It's what I've been saying all preseason. Ironically, his INTs were mostly on the short stuff, which is even worse.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Not a single person on this forum has made an excuse for this interception.
Never said they did.

What they are doing is ignoring it for the good stuff. If Dak threw this pick, you chuckleheads would all be saying how Lance should be playing, regardless of any context around it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Never said they did.

What they are doing is ignoring it for the good stuff. If Dak threw this pick, you chuckleheads would all be saying how Lance should be playing, regardless of any context around it.
Dak now, would deserve the criticism.

Dak as a rookie or early in his career in a preseason game, everyone said "hey, it's a mistake. mistakes can be corrected"

Which is exactly what I'm saying with Lance.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Dak now, would deserve the criticism.

Dak as a rookie or early in his career in a preseason game, everyone said "hey, it's a mistake. mistakes can be corrected"

Which is exactly what I'm saying with Lance.
No, you're saying that he deserves regular-season snaps on a playoff team.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
No, you're saying that he deserves regular-season snaps on a playoff team.
I am 100% saying that having packages for him is justified. He needs experience & you are already paying him. He can do things that no other QB on the team can do and that gives the team an advantage other teams would have to prepare for.

mardwin

Reaction score
watch the first drive and Lance was impressive and throwing dimes, looked like Aikman out there with his ball placement. Then the whole thing fell apart, so who is Trey Lance? That is the question.
He's a QB that needs reps, get thoes ugly mistakes out of the way so we can develop.